WhiteFang

REVIEW: 10245 Santa's Workshop

On a scale of 1 to 5  

118 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

Thanks for putting in the time and effort! Great review and pics.

I love this set; definitely will be added to our winter village this year.

By itself, this set seems rather small. But it becomes more interesting when combined with the October holiday free set. I hope the December free set further expands the layout.

Just got the VIP early access email and ordered one.

Me too..

I ordered a couple things at the same time and they are still including the D2C Minifigure Retro Set 2014, the classic space minifig for orders VIP over $99. I thought it was ended on the 15 Sept. USA S@H. ....FYI....

Edited by talos

I want two of these sets so I can have enough reindeer and expand the workshop. I bought one in the VIP promotion (that was the limit per person) because I can't wait to build one! I will get the second set in October when I hope there will be a decent promotion in Australia.

Other than the sleigh, I'm not really interested to buy this set....

The workshop is too small to be playable I think...

But, I have a feeling that this set will impress me much later

Like palace cinema, tjat don't like it first, then several months latter it's growing on me...

Great set and thank you for the review. I really like this set and even if i only collect Technic sets i may get this set. Love the sleigh, love the little work shop, love the reindeer !

Just picked up the winter village market in the lego shop in metrocentre gateshead for £79.99 this morning. Was told they had just come in the delivery that morning. Couldn't resist and wait for October double points as doubt they'd last that long with them being retired (I think you can still get them in America ?) Should look great next to santas workshop.

I'm getting this on the 15th to get the elves workshop but I'd also intended to buy the grand emporium on the same day but as part of a separate transaction so that I could get another elves workshop to make a bigger one. Having looked at the small print it says one per household. Is this the case or has anyone else done anything similar ?

I ordered 2 based on your great review. I want to make it larger, although I'm not sure how those angles work or where to put it in my WV. I know I want 8 reindeer. I waited until today for double VIP points. Now I am anxious for delivery!

Edited by GmaBlu

It's about that time of the year for buying LEGO (double points, freebies, holidays approaching) and I went to shop.lego.com to look at this set. Boy, the user ratings for this set is low and the major complaint is that it's way too small and simple, especially compared to previous winter sets. I originally felt the same way but I really love the October freebie and Santa's workshop would go well with it. I'm super-hoping that the late-November freebie can somehow integrate well to make the whole scene larger. The rumors of it being an ice-skating scene leaves me a bit disappointed, but perhaps it involves elves and a snowman, uh, ice-skating.

It's about that time of the year for buying LEGO (double points, freebies, holidays approaching) and I went to shop.lego.com to look at this set. Boy, the user ratings for this set is low and the major complaint is that it's way too small and simple, especially compared to previous winter sets. I originally felt the same way but I really love the October freebie and Santa's workshop would go well with it. I'm super-hoping that the late-November freebie can somehow integrate well to make the whole scene larger. The rumors of it being an ice-skating scene leaves me a bit disappointed, but perhaps it involves elves and a snowman, uh, ice-skating.

About a month ago, I decided to start the winter village series. I've built all of them within the past month or so. While I do appreciate the detailed reviews that resulted in a low rating for this set, I can't completely agree with them. Lego did miss the opportunity of issuing a larger set that could of been the center piece of this series. However, the one they did issue fits in well with the other sets and has some nice details. Since this is Santas Workshop, a 1200 plus piece set that would have served as the focal point of the series certainly would have been welcomed and probably more appropriate than the 10245 final product. Just the same, I like this years WV and would encourage you to buy it.

Edited by Off the wall

Has anyone bought two of these sets to obviously get the complete eight reindeers, but more importantly, to expand's the workshop? I'm just curious to see what is possible.

Does anyone have a picture of this with 40106 Elves' Workshop. I would like to see how they go together.

Does anyone have a picture of this with 40106 Elves' Workshop. I would like to see how they go together.

Here it is... They go together well!! 14921556263_31d5887046_b.jpg

The way this set has hinged parts, means it is ideal to put it in a corner or at left/right side of your layout!!

I think he means does anyone have a picture of santas workshop built with the toy workshop attached to it. I will eventually as I'll not be building it until December - I got two toy workshops tho as I wanted it to be double the length So that it can contain the elves toy belt machine in there

Wonderful review! Will need to buy this one!

Just a note, the captions for the toy machine are mixed up, you have side for the back, and back for the sides.

I was never that into nor ever picked up any of the Winter village sets, but this one in particular intrigues me and I might pick it up as we get closer to Christmas time