I wonder if the missing gold brick has to do with the proportions of the screens on some phones?

^Arrggg! I think I just found the last brick at the Hallow but I also just clicked on the other missing item needed, and ended the level before clicking brick.

Edit: Fortunately they stay in the same place. Finally got them all.

Edited by Iria

16638043618_8e7088e265_n.jpg

My Legos Elves ship - front of sail by richila9098, on Flickr

16618307627_f1bbf2d8e1_n.jpg

My Legos Elves ship - back of the sail by richila9098, on Flickr

16799808826_803f511a4a_n.jpg

I also made an alternate sail while I was at it. by richila9098, on Flickr

I didn't like the white back of the sail, so I used fusible and some quilting fabric to back the sail. I liked it so much that i made an alternate sail.

Edited by Richila

I didn't like the white back of the sail, so I used fusible and some quilting fabric to back the sail. I liked it so much that i made an alternate sail.

Interesting fabric choice. It what I imagine traveling through the portal to look like :). It's too bad Lego doesn't print double sided on fabric sails. The white sail sure looks ugly against the mast.

As I am mildly pink-averse, I put the ship together with some blue parts replacing the pink. Also, I added red and green navigation lights as required under EU law.

Your modifications with the red and green navigation lights are quite funny and timely to me- I just finished a pleasure craft operators course, so now I understand what all the boat terminology and what the light colours represent. Safe and happy sailings to your elves!

Interesting fabric choice. It what I imagine traveling through the portal to look like :). It's too bad Lego doesn't print double sided on fabric sails. The white sail sure looks ugly against the mast.

I am writing a photo story that uses this ship for magical interdimensional travel. The swirling purple seemed perfect for my story and the mast looks much better against it.

I am so excited; I just ordered the Treetop Sanctuary, play map and the Creative Workshop.

Stunning choice of fabric. Looks magical, much better than the white.

I'm seriously considering getting a second Treetop Sanctuary, to make it a bit more 'village-like'... good idea? Not sure ho/if I will mod it much though, it's such a well put-together set...

You know, when this theme was originally revealed, I was kinda sceptical about whether I would buy any of the sets, and that I would be able to save some more money for modulars this year...

CA959nMWgAAW6bd.jpg

Well that changed quickly. :tongue:

As for the treehouse itself, I originally just bought it for pieces but now I've built it I don't think it's gonna be taken apart for some time now. The part selection is excellent (Purple leaves = instant win), the minidolls are very detailed (Compared to the rest of the minidolls Emily is quite 'meh' printing-wise, but that's excusable) and the model itself is brilliantly detailed! On the downside the technic function feels a bit loose and not very stable IMO, but apart from that it's pretty dang brilliant! Hopefully I'll be able to get some more of these fantastic sets for myself, which is probably bad news for my wallet... :tongue:

I'm seriously considering getting a second Treetop Sanctuary, to make it a bit more 'village-like'... good idea? Not sure ho/if I will mod it much though, it's such a well put-together set...

I think making it more village-like is a great idea. I am planning to do just that with my sets. Treetop Sanctuary meaning from the Friends line? Or do you mean the Treetop Hideaway from the Elves line? Either way I think they would both be a great choice. Some of the friends elements blend well with the Elves theme. The Elves sets are very well put together, I agree. But I'm definitely going to mod them a bit. It's more fun that way. I'd love to see your village setting if you go through with it.

You know, when this theme was originally revealed, I was kinda skeptical about whether I would buy any of the sets, and that I would be able to save some more money for modulars this year...

[pic]

Well that changed quickly. :tongue:

As for the treehouse itself, I originally just bought it for pieces but now I've built it I don't think it's gonna be taken apart for some time now. The part selection is excellent (Purple leaves = instant win), the minidolls are very detailed (Compared to the rest of the minidolls Emily is quite 'meh' printing-wise, but that's excusable) and the model itself is brilliantly detailed! On the downside the technic function feels a bit loose and not very stable IMO, but apart from that it's pretty dang brilliant! Hopefully I'll be able to get some more of these fantastic sets for myself, which is probably bad news for my wallet... :tongue:

It's hard not to like these sets. They grow on you. I think Emily is meant to be less appealing, I mean she's only a human after all. Haha. The detailed printing on the Elves though is spectacular. A lot of people have commented on how the line would be better with minifigs, but IMO the figures wouldn't be as detailed. Yes it's true, they don't have much mobility or mod ability; but neither did minifigs in the beginning.

The Elves theme is too good to pass up. Definitely bad news for wallets and bank accounts everywhere.

I'm only missing the ship, but I'm probably buying it today.

Whoops! Sorry, I meant the Elves Treetop Hideaway :classic:

I am impatiently waiting for the summer sets!

Meanwhile, Emily Jones introduces her new friends to that thing that humans call "Technology".

DSCF3489.jpg

Meanwhile, Emily Jones introduces her new friends to that thing that humans call "Technology".

DSCF3489.jpg

LOL Emily has her arms raised like "Technology for the win!"

Sorry-I started the Sanctuary when I meant Hideaway.

Edited by Richila

Whoops! Sorry, I meant the Elves Treetop Hideaway :classic:

I am impatiently waiting for the summer sets!

Same here. They look awesome. I hope they're available early to VIPs, because August is too long to wait.

DSCF3489.jpg

Haha, reminds me of Say Anything starring John Cusack. Great movie.

Hmm, maybe two extra sets made into one much larger treehouse, to add to the first one would work? (thinking aloud)...

^That's what I would probably do. The Tree Top Hideaway looks like the start of a tree to me- the trunk. I think it would look amazing to build them taller, branch them out and add a ton more foliage.

Yep - this is what I am thinking might be my Easter project! (I've never attempted mod-ing sets in this way before) :blush:

Hmm, maybe two extra sets made into one much larger treehouse, to add to the first one would work? (thinking aloud)...

I think that would work nicely. I wish I had the money to buy more than one hideaway. Instead I'm carefully planning in LDD, to know exactly what and how many pieces I'll need to complete my creation.

^That's what I would probably do. The Tree Top Hideaway looks like the start of a tree to me- the trunk. I think it would look amazing to build them taller, branch them out and add a ton more foliage.

I agree Iria. I started building a larger hideaway in LDD. I thought it would look better; taller and wider with more foliage. They seem rather bare for trees. I'm planning to make the inside of the trunk functional as well, considering there's a window in the design. My plan is to re-create Elvendale. I have quite a large list of elements elements needed, it's definitely a work in progress. Especially considering I have to rebuild my Lego collection (lost or gifted everything I had as a child), so my MOC will take some serious time to complete. I don't get to work on it (or purchase necessary elements for it) as often as I'd like; because I am the mother of a very energetic, extremely exhausting child who hasn't yet started school.

Yep - this is what I am thinking might be my Easter project! (I've never attempted mod-ing sets in this way before) :blush:

There's a first time for everything, and I'm sure it will turn out amazing, you have great ideas. :wink:

I remember that on Farran's level I found the last brick on the extreme right hand side, halfway up the screen.

I won't be buying any Elves sets, but I think Lego have done a great job with this theme, story, characters, colours. It was the natural progression to have minidolls in an adventure, and will be interesting to see if any dangers await Elvendale in future years.