Ok, a simple and quick question after I was surfing the Lego website.

Spare parts is the topic: 2 different sections, one is the Pick a Brick, the other one is Customer service!

Some of the parts present in "Pick a brick" are not present in "customer service" and vice versa!

But the funny this is: turntable at Pick a brick is priced as 1.63£, at Customer service it's priced 2.29£!!!

Is TLG joking or what??? :angry:

BrickOwl, a newish Bricklink competitor.

Jantjeuh, do you think it's possible that some of the sellers on BrickLink have simply moved to BrickOwl and kept the same prices?

It's good to have more than a choice bytheway!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think TLG should check into this and standardize all prices, its only fair... Maybe an idea for ambasador.

May be the TLG prices reflect the price of the service.

They accept, that you order a few parts from customer service, but they want the larger quantities to be ordered via pick a brick.

Why they have two services for virtually the same, that is another question.

May be the TLG prices reflect the price of the service.

They accept, that you order a few parts from customer service, but they want the larger quantities to be ordered via pick a brick.

Why they have two services for virtually the same, that is another question.

probably, but you know what? I may go for a double order from customer service.....

Anyway BL and BO still much cheaper...... the only good thing about S@H are the VIP points.....

Edited by TheItalianBrick

Is TLG joking or what??? :angry:

Nope.

And the answer is pretty simple.

Parts from Pick a Brick and Customer Service do not come from the same warehouses.

And now you know why people check PAB, BNP, BL and BO when trying to do large MOCs.

I only use Bricklink...

Nope.

And the answer is pretty simple.

Parts from Pick a Brick and Customer Service do not come from the same warehouses.

Wait a second: where they get the parts from it's their problem....as customer we pretend prices to be the same! how simply and fair! :sweet:

Wait a second: where they get the parts from it's their problem....as customer we pretend prices to be the same! how simply and fair! :sweet:

I will take an exemple so you can understand. Imagine you need a servomotor.

You can order it on Lego Shop or as a "spare part" in the Customer Service.

In the first case, it is like you order a set. The servo is available on S@h, and when you order 8804, you do not order a part, you order a set.

Now consider you buy that part through the Customer Service, with part ref 6000566. You'll get your servomotor, but the process is not at all the same. You ordered a part, not a set.

Remember : TLG is manufacturer which sells Lego kits. TLG does not aim at selling individual parts. They do it because they have to. But it is not their core business.

Believe what you want, I do not care at all.

Believe what you want, I do not care at all.

:tongue: I'll try to explain you: you mentioned sets, parts, motors and more! this topic it's about different prices for the same part at the official lego website. Now, a spare part, whether it comes from, sold by one company called TLG and with 2 different prices sounds like unfair, and unhealty for they own business!

when you buy at customer service you are still buying spare parts...not the all set!! So how did you come to sets? :grin: :grin:

Enjoy life man...we all do! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by TheItalianBrick

For me, there is nothing strange that a company offers the same thing or service at different prices.

Price is the only way to force a customer to buy it the way preferred by the company.

If customer service is dedicated to help customers with their issues, it is normal, that company wants their customer service stuff to be busy by talking to customers and helping them and not packing bricks.

If pick a brick is the service optimized for packing, they are packing and parts from them can be cheaper.

I can imagine, that customer service is actually forwarding the request to the pick a brick and since they do the forwarding for the customer, they charge extra price.

Of course, they can say go and get it from the pick a brick. But some customer just do not want to do it that way and want one contact point for all services and are willing to pay more money for that comfort.

It is normal to see an e-shop selling goods which offers a pick-up service in their traditional stores (from bricks and concrete, not e-shop). And the price in the traditional store is higher than the one on the e-shop. Sometimes, I just make an order and go immediately after confirmation of availability to pick it up. And they give me the goods right from the shelf. The same goods without the e-shop order would be 10% more expensive. That's their way how to optimize store stocks.

So that's why I am not surprised, that TLG is doing something similar from whatever reason.