14949943896_2503ab031b_c.jpg

Scene from James Cameron's 1986 movie 'Aliens'.

--------------------------------

Hicks: Oh, it likes you Burke. Looks like love at first sight to me.

Bishop: Two are alive. The rest are dead. "Removed surgically before embryo implantation. Subject Marachuk J, died during procedure"... They killed him getting it off.

-------------------------------

Thanks to Matthias for the custom Aliens minifigs: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=57638&st=50

Thanks for the positive comments! Re the lighting: I built powerfunctions LED lights into the table top under each jar. The wires run under the floor. I would have liked to have more detail on the facehuggers but 2 droid arms was all that would fit in the jars.

Wow. This lab scene is so well done that it's eerie. I dunno if it's the lighting or the Ripley minifig using the chair on the window, but geez, that is just too badass.

That is awesome!

The amount of detail is incredible. If you had posted it with no explanation I would of recognized the scene.

One word; AMAZING! The way you used the light in both scene's make it look so much more real! And the detail in both scene's is amazing! Will there be more? :thumbup::classic:

I love it, Missing Brick. Your dioramas are so well build and the lighting is always perfect. You've captured the Medlab and movie scene brilliantly. :classic:

Very cool scenes. the second one is nearly perfect, just needs newt holding a friends head instead of the teddy :laugh:

A Friends head! That's hilarious!

Thanks all. Here's a follow-up scene in which Ripley and Newt get locked in the lab with facehuggers on the loose:

Unbelievable beautiful scene you've made + so authentic...even Repley looks more authentic than in reality, gee! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks. I think I could have improved the 2nd shot with a bit more work: adding some more floor grates and suspended lights on the ceiling and better light on Ripley. Also the jar on the right would be better if it didn't overlap the fire extinguisher. But you can only spend so long fiddling with a scene before it becomes a chore and you think 'Dammit. That's good enough'.

I was pleased with the way the triangular glass doors came out. I think they look pretty close to the ones in the movie scene.

My next Aliens moc will be a big outdoor scene - so please stay tuned to my flickr channel if you like Lego Aliens.