Taking a break from building stuff for Star Wars, I decided to build my favorite thing from Ridley Scott's movie 'Prometheus' - the space exploration craft of the same name. I did not go for size with this model, although it still is quite huge sitting on my shelf, but rather for correct shapes, angles and proportions with as much detail and texture as is possible with Lego at this size.

Here's an image of the finished model. Please note that I will post more detailed pictures from other angles and close-ups of different sections this weekend. The pylons on which the engines rest as well as the engines can be rotated to change between flight- and landing-configuration as seen in the movie. The engines also have landing gear that can be hinged outward as in the movie.

I hope you like it. Comments and suggestions are very welcome.

prometheus1.jpg

Prometheus2.jpg

Prometheus3.jpg

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

Thanks a lot guys, I'm glad you like it. As promised and requested, here are two more pics. I also updated the opening post with these images for easy reference.

A better shot of the Prometheus in flight configuration:

Prometheus2.jpg

The Prometheus in landing configuration:

Prometheus3.jpg

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

Awesome. I have a big minifig scale ship that was partially inspired by Prometheus and have yet to photograph or post it. Maybe I should!

Better than the movie! No, seriously, this is really well done, great job!

I'm sure one word comments are against EB rules but all I can think to say is... lovely!

Although the film was total catastrophy I could hardly watch it till the end :sick: ...your model is fantastic,,I really like it + the render from bottom-front looks beautiful,really! :thumbup: