Sign in to follow this  
Yzalirk

Post-Apocalypse and Steampunk Minifigs & parts?

I'm planning on making some vignettes and MOCs related to those two genres but I can't seem to find parts for minifigs (especially Post-Apocalypse looking parts). What parts for minifigs do you guys recommend?

For minifgs I would go to the third part weapons makers. That is where you will find the best weapons, gear, and armor.

For minifgs I would go to the third part weapons makers. That is where you will find the best weapons, gear, and armor.

I definitely agree with that. BrickArms has lots of weapons to choose from, BrickWarriors has some good weapons too, and BrickForge is starting to make some guns now too. I'm just not too sure with leg assemblies and torsos though.

I'm planning on making some vignettes and MOCs related to those two genres but I can't seem to find parts for minifigs (especially Post-Apocalypse looking parts). What parts for minifigs do you guys recommend?

The best official post apocalyptic minifig parts will come from the 2010 Dino Hunters line. Second best probably the Monster Fighters. Other good torsos and heads and headgear can be found in Pharoahs Quest and the Western figs from The Lego Movie. Star Wars Jedi and Bounty Hunters can yield some useful parts. Also the civilian figs from Castle Kingdoms and Fantasy Era.

Edited by Faefrost

The best official post apocalyptic minifig parts will come from the 2010 Dino Hunters line. Second best probably the Monster Fighters. Other good torsos and heads and headgear can be found in Pharoahs Quest and the Western figs from The Lego Movie. Star Wars Jedi and Bounty Hunters can yield some useful parts. Also the civilian figs from Castle Kingdoms and Fantasy Era.

Okay, but I intend to only use flesh-toned minigs so a lot of those parts won't work, only a few would be useful.

For fleshies, maybe look at the Lone Ranger stuff. It's probably on clearance at some retail stores or cheap online.

For fleshies, maybe look at the Lone Ranger stuff. It's probably on clearance at some retail stores or cheap online.

Good idea, and the Lone Ranger minifigs work good with both genres too!

But I could still use more ideas though...

Harry Potter line. Its fleshie and has lots of potential for Steam Punk, not so much post apoc though

Harry Potter line. Its fleshie and has lots of potential for Steam Punk, not so much post apoc though

Okay, I just looked and there are quite a few that can do well for Steampunk, like the Argus Filch and Mad-Eye Moody minifigs.

Still need to find a bit more though...

Prince of Persia - all fleshies and some interesting faces. Some Torsos may be ok.

Oh, Indiana Jones minifg parts might work also, though they can cost a bit.

Edited by ummester

I recommend prince of Persia and pirates of the Caribbean and possibly some star wars torsos. However I would like to see them in yellow not flesh colors yellow is like the trademark of Lego and it looks better then flesh colored pieces.

Okay, I'll take a look at them.

Also, torsos with yellow hands are okay, as long as on the torso it doesn't have yellow where the skin would be.

The Dino Hunter from the new CMF line works great as a post-apocalypse survivor. A number of parts from the Monster Fighters line (like Jack McHammer's mechanical arm) would work in both post-apocalypse and steampunk settings.

Bottom line, if you find any Monster Fighters or Lone Ranger sets on clearance, you should probably get them.

The Dino Hunter from the new CMF line works great as a post-apocalypse survivor. A number of parts from the Monster Fighters line (like Jack McHammer's mechanical arm) would work in both post-apocalypse and steampunk settings.

Bottom line, if you find any Monster Fighters or Lone Ranger sets on clearance, you should probably get them.

Good idea but most of those torsos in Dino Hunter and Monster Fighter have the yellow skin on the torsos though. But the arm would work great!