So this confirms a Ronin wave. Ronin is in the final flight of the Destiny's Bounty and a few others! This also confirms the presence of set 70731 and presumably also 70732 giving us a HUGE 9 sets wave and very exciting might I add.

The original set list from demitri had 7 sets on it. There are 7 sets shown here. I think that "Chain Cycle Ambush" is Cole's bike and "Blaster Bike" is Jai's bike ("Walker"?) vehicle. But having said that, the numbers are kind of out of whack so maybe there are some more sets to come.

Summer sets look good but I want to see clear final set pics. Ronin R.E.X. looks like a one man drop ship type vehicle which may be able to launch an airjitsu pod out of its butt. It looks like a sub but that can't be since the set clearly depicts an air battle. And I have no idea what those yellow and black things are on the "wings".

There are quite a few "what the heck is that" things in this wave for sure.

Summer sets look good but I want to see clear final set pics. Ronin R.E.X. looks like a one man drop ship type vehicle which may be able to launch an airjitsu pod out of its butt. It looks like a sub but that can't be since the set clearly depicts an air battle. And I have no idea what those yellow and black things are on the "wings".

There are quite a few "what the heck is that" things in this wave for sure.

Maybe it's a sub-orbital vessel using Borg technology? Project: Arcturus was capable of space-flight, perhaps this is the next evolution?

I took a closer look at the images. Looks like we will be getting Slimers after all... :sick:

EDIT: I hope one of the weapons included in the Airjitzu sets is the Sword of Fire- I missed it the first time around and LEGO removed it from their bricks and pieces catalog.

Edited by Master_Data

If the hilt for the Airjitzu weapons (I'm hoping that's what everyone was talking about, not the handle that the flyer spins off of) is a new part, I'm going to be dissapointed. The entire sword can be easily replicated with the exact same number of parts.

If the hilt for the Airjitzu weapons (I'm hoping that's what everyone was talking about, not the handle that the flyer spins off of) is a new part, I'm going to be dissapointed. The entire sword can be easily replicated with the exact same number of parts.

Can you demonstrate this? Because I'm not seeing it.

Can you demonstrate this? Because I'm not seeing it.

Can't give you a photo, Majhost is down, and the MOC's picture is too big for me to upload it directly to EB. The piece that can be used to recreate the sword can be found here.

Edited by JayWalker

You've got the fire blade the wrong way around :tongue:

EDIT: The hilt is upside down too. But anyway, thanks, now I don't have to upload anything :classic:

Edited by JayWalker

I was too fast when I build the sword ! :blush:

But it's possible to build the sword if you have the parts. :wink:

Edited by Arkanta974

I was too fast when I build the sword ! :blush:

But it's possible to build the sword if you have the parts. :wink:

Well, it took me forever to build it because I couldn't find the parts :laugh:

The fire blade and the hilt are now in the right way ! :wink:

Next time, i will be more patient :grin:

Edited by Arkanta974

The fire blade and the hilt are now in the right way ! :wink:

Next time, i will be more patient :grin:

Hey, don't worry man. I've made a number of mistakes myself in recreating prelim set designs ;)

Edit: Speaking of making mistakes...

There are clearer pictures of the prelims on the Ninjago wiki.

http://ninjago.wikia...pecial:NewFiles

Gosh darnit, I should have learnt my lesson from the BIONICLE prelims that blurry pics don't have all the little details. Destiny's Bounty is now one of my fave new sets.

EDIT 2: Cole is holding the Scythe of Quakes.

*please don't be a placeholder please don't be a placeholder*

Edited by JayWalker

There are clearer pictures of the prelims on the Ninjago wiki.

http://ninjago.wikia...pecial:NewFiles

The more I look at these, the more I like them! :sweet:

Is Sensei Wu holding a recoloured genie's lamp as a teapot? Not sure why there's fire coming out of it though.

We also get a better look at the collectables for this wave, those large throwing star pieces.

One thing I was wondering about when I first saw the picture of Destiny's Bounty is where the stud shooters are. But now we have clearer pictures, it looks like there's a row of three on each side of the ship that are all fired at once when that technic peice above them is pushed. I may have already said this in an earlier post but it's great how Lego are finding new ways to use their new launcher bricks like this.

I also see the harpoon adaptation of the spring loaded shooter on Titan Mech Battle.

These sets look much better (for prelims, of course), I might just end up buying all of them, depending on what we see at the upcoming toy fairs.

EDIT: I've just looked at my genie minifig, in particular the lamp, and that IS the piece that Sensei Wu is holding in his dragon set, there's even a hole in the spout where a flame piece can be attached.

Edited by JasonEffex

I'm loving those sets so much. I just don't want to spread the word of my assumptions and opinions until we have pictures of the sets "in the brick." I cannot wait for this Wednesday!

Just noticed this: the colors of the "Morro" faction aren't just black and lime, they use dark blue as well. Oh, and the Morro Mech set includes a purple Sensei Wu hat and lime elemental blade piece. I'm really loving these new sets. It's too bad that the Morro Dragon doesn't include the Chima claw pieces in tr. neon green, just the classic HF ones. I'm going to be really dissapointed if those pieces dissapear completely from LEGO's products, they're such a cool and useful design.

EDIT: Ronin R.E.X. includes what appears to be a giant golden shuriken for the "ghost" in the set.

EDIT2: You can see it in Cole's set as well. Maybe those are the new collectibles? Shurikens, perhaps with printed elemental motifs on the center?

EDIT3: Wu's Dragon uses gold HF flames for wings. Also, the pizza-colored projectile is being fired from a chima blaster under the hammer-esque contraption.

EDIT4: The shuriken piece also appears in the Morro Dragon, with Jay, and in the Titan Mech Battle set in a shrine.

Edited by DraikNova

Apparently, the Morro Dragon includes two of the giant shurikens, and you can clearly see the red 1x1 round plate/flat stud on Kai's. If you look closely, you can just barely see that Jay's is tr. yellow. Strangely, the Ronin R.E.X. one has what appears to be a brown plate, yet Cole's vehicle set shows a gold-ish one with a white aura around it (apparently, this is where minifigs can hold it), which is strangely reminiscent of a spinning sawblade. The one in the Titan Mech set is Zane's, as it has a tr. light blue plate.

EDIT: Also, looking at the sets again shows that each and every set seems to include at least one dragon, with the Titan Mech Battle being the sole exception. The one in the Destiny's Bounty 2.0 set even appears to have a fully articulated tail made from Mixel joints, along with a weird greenish tube running from it's chest to it's head, almost like a pneumatic tube. Unless this is a Scooby Doo-style hoax using mechanical dragons, I can't make head or tails out of that last detail. Also, for some reason the "Slimers" appear to have dragon-like faces too.

Edited by DraikNova

The original Destiny's Bounty looked very sleek in shape and with its iconic sails. I was hoping DB 2.0 would be similar but in larger scale but the prelim looks all wrong. The rear cabin's scale is so much larger than the rest of the ship, so it ends up looking like a shoe. And the boom sticking out from the dragon's mouth is out of place and looks like a cheap attempt to balance out the front scale of the ship. And gone are the beautiful sails, replaced with helicopter-ish things. They could at least made something shaped like the old sails that transformed to the spinning thing. Isn't the ninjago line stable enough now to have a higher parts budget? Some design choices for ninjago sets reminds me of some 80s-era GIJoe sets, with their under-scale vehicles and fold-out hollow bases.

These sets look interesting... got to wait for better pics though. Is that a speedorz piece reused for the destiny's dragon head?