CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Because a Mech Rhino is a cool thing? I mean the set has nothing to do with ASM, it's not an ASM-set, I didn't see Sandman in that movie..

Highly debatable. Rhino has never appeared in a suit like that before ASM. It's based off of his appearance there unless they radically change it from the prelims we saw. Hell, there's even a bald guy that goes inside the suit we're getting.

Ultron kicked it off in this forum when enlightening us about Spidey becoming part of the MCU.

To be completely fair, I was just informing everyone because most people don't frequent the C&M forum and I did say discussion should continue over there. Even if I hadn't posted about it though, someone else would have and someone else did.

Highly debatable. Rhino has never appeared in a suit like that before ASM. It's based off of his appearance there unless they radically change it from the prelims we saw. Hell, there's even a bald guy that goes inside the suit we're getting.

Have you by any chance played the Ultimate Spider-Man video game? Rhino was a mech there, hell, I think I remember a bald guy using the suit, if I remember correctly

Have you by any chance played the Ultimate Spider-Man video game? Rhino was a mech there, hell, I think I remember a bald guy using the suit, if I remember correctly

Nope, although googling it I do see some similarities. Obviously it's based on the Ultimate comics version of Rhino which is more robotic than the classic version although still not as blocky and chunky as the mech from ASM 2

So Sony and Disney are teaming up eh....well of sorts......hmm, I smell Peter Parker being asked in a particular third film to join them by some dude with an eye patch ?

I guess with the Electro polybag saving Amazing Spiderman II one could guess something was on the cards ?

Now to totally keep on topic, I was surprised that there is only one USM set this year unlike other years......so could that mean the end of the line for USM sub-theme ?

Now to totally keep on topic, I was surprised that there is only one USM set this year unlike other years......so could that mean the end of the line for USM sub-theme ?

No there are two, the carnage SHIELD one, and the Sandman/Rhino one. But I think the USM sub-theme will end this year and be replaced by either Avengers Assemble or a classic Spider-man line considering USM is being cancelled this year

Edited by Ultron

I hope we see something so people have something of relevance to talk about.

I'm not sure why people need a thread to 'keep going' when news is quiet. The thread is pinned so it's not going anywhere.

With regards to the Electro polybag I just hope that there's some kind of mass release or structure of some kind to it's release. I'm quite happy to order from the US if the pricing isn't too iffy but the complete lack of distribution in the UK gets frustrating.

Do we think the NYTF will have any kind of preview for the Spidey related sets? Maybe some news about whether the SHIELD agent is Coulson rather than something generic even if there isn't anything physical there?

But AA has been running in parallel with USM......well last year it was, so perhaps only a couple of cartoon based sets because a particular movie coming out ? :wink:

So Toy fair is this Friday.

USM pics!

Yay! I hope the minifigs are good. I'm particularly worried about Carnage. It seems he's based on USM which isn't terribly different from the classic but I liked how he looked in the video game.

But AA has been running in parallel with USM......well last year it was, so perhaps only a couple of cartoon based sets because a particular movie coming out ? :wink:

Yeah, there's no Avengers Assemble sets coming; all the Avenger's sets will be based directly on AoU.

Yeah, there's no Avengers Assemble sets coming; all the Avenger's sets will be based directly on AoU.

Maybe for this year, but we can't rule out getting more AA sets next year as long as the show continues.

About the Rhino mech, there is other precedent. I remember reading a Spider-man comic that had a second Rhino in a mech suit. The original Rhino had retired from crime, but suited up to fight the new guy.

The writers of the movie script appear to have taken an element from the comic and used it in a different way. Lego made a set that related to the movie in one way, but the rest of the set was clearly from the comic. Overlapping divergence is what I believe has happened in the design of this set.

Or maybe AA sets didn't sell well.......yeah, right.....they always sold out in stores.

So yeah, it's because of the movie why no AA this year......perhaps ?

I really hope that the spiderman variant besides iron spider in the sandman set has the ASM suit. It would be nice to have ASM electro, rhino and spidey too! It seems probable because they featured the green arrow exclusive in a set.

Is the Helicarrier out for VIPs? The Brick Show got it...

Edited by CM4Sci

Yeah... That'll be an advance set sent out for review.

The benefits of being a Lego online reviewer! ;)

We got X-Men vs the sentinal pictures last year at NYTF. So it is likely.

Yeah we will probably get pics of the USM sets. The Ant-Man set, if it is there, will most likely have a no pictures allowed thing on it.

On topic of the AoU Hawkeye, why does he have no quiver on his back? Booooool!!!!!!'