CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Ouch, 499.99 for the Helicarrier in Aussie dollars......pass.

Oh lord that's money

Yeah, it's good to be an Aussie ! :sceptic:

If that includes GST then it's not that much more than the USD price, depending on the state when you factor in sales tax. Exchange rate makes $500 AUS to be $389 USD. US MSRP is $350 and in some states it might be an extra $35 for tax.

I mean, it's still a stupidly expensive set but at least you're not getting charged *that* much more for being an Aussie. :look:

Ouch, 499.99 for the Helicarrier in Aussie dollars......pass.

Its 4200 Rand for us South Africans, only thing that can make it worse for us is if the Kiwis take the Super 15.

Anyone here possibly going to NYTF?

I hope the Ant-Man set is diplayed there. It will be great to get a description.

Back on 2015 set topic...our good friend Luiggi over on Flickr recently acquired some more of our upcoming figures and so we get to enjoy the spoils of their spectacular photos! Back views can be found on his photostream.

For the third image, Luiggi was gracious enough to post a picture that uses Ultron Prime (2nd photo) with a drone mask from the Iron Man vs. Ultron set. Interestingly, this is the same process that seems to be used for Ultimate Ultron--granted just with a color and print swap.

16283029497_f94365fa46_n.jpg 16442921696_c770a5a735_n.jpg 16468925805_4a68ffeb0e_n.jpg

I for one cannot wait to get these Ultron figures! Thanks Luiggi!

Well, MARVEL killed off Wolverine (IMO a clear middle finger to FOX), so this dispute looks like it will be lasting a while.

It's not going to end until Fox sells Disney the X-men film license.

This whole embargo on X-men and F4 merchandise is the new normal from here on out. :/

Back on 2015 set topic...our good friend Luiggi over on Flickr recently acquired some more of our upcoming figures and so we get to enjoy the spoils of their spectacular photos! Back views can be found on his photostream.

For the third image, Luiggi was gracious enough to post a picture that uses Ultron Prime (2nd photo) with a drone mask from the Iron Man vs. Ultron set. Interestingly, this is the same process that seems to be used for Ultimate Ultron--granted just with a color and print swap.

I for one cannot wait to get these Ultron figures! Thanks Luiggi!

The Ultron + drone mask looks fantastic.

That's brilliant, and explains why the cheek-y piece looks so awkwardly wide on its own.

I'm still not sold on the ultron from the hulkbuster set, honestly I think it might look best with no headpiece on at all but I won't make my decision until I actually have the set since it's definitely not one I'm going to miss out on.

I'm also surprised that nobody has talked about the clear view of the interior we now have on the amazon link to the avengers tower here. I'm still not totally sold still but I'm more interested for sure, I really like the ultron assembly bit which does make me curious for how it'll all play out in the movie. I might pick up the set later when I've got nothing else to buy.

Edited by KingDom

O my lord, damaged Ultron is amazing! Ultron prime (I believe that's the one) isn't half bad, even with the added mask. But I still think the round eyes ruin the ultron feel of him especially since Ultron doesn't have round eyes at that point in the movie.

Not a fan of Ultron Mk 1, doesnt look enough like what we've seen. The trans head doesnt look good and while its covered in detail, little of the detail matches the Mk1 version we have seen. Think i'll probably pass on that set for a while, maybe get it later in the year.

Normal Ultron Prime looks odd, specifically the chin which sticks out, on the helmetted version it looks a bit better, but the eyes look odd. Will probably fix this by getting a few trans-blue head pieces to use (Hopefully a trans-red clear head piece comes out soon)

Plan at the moment is to get a couple of the drone sets for army building, but other than Ultimate Ultron, i'm not really a fan of the rest of the Ultron designs as a whole. Three of the five variants appear to have virtually the same design, Ultimate Ultron is the only one that stands out as being a good representation of the film and thats unfortunately in the most expensive set.

Edit;

Turns out we are getting a trans-head piece that i can use, so might be picking up Avengers Tower after all;

Iron Droid front

Edited by Scarilian

Wait. Why is Thor Grabbing a gun from under the couch in the Tower?

It's obviously more powerful than Mjolnir :tongue:

Does anyone know if Ultimate Ultron is going to have a different head than Ultron Prime?

Pretty sure yes because Ultimate Ultron is Light Gray and the Prime Ultron is Dark Gray.

Waaah? xD have we had pictures of the back of the boxes already?

Edited by LuxorV

In the Iron Man vs Ultron set it actually shows you that you should take apart the drones and to put them on the vehicle on the back of the box.

Also it shows a pretty cool play feature, where you use the super jumper to knock the drone of the vehicle.

Overall this set looks to be superior to all previous $12.99 USD marvel sets, due to the sheer amount of figs ( 1 fig per every 22.5 pieces) and price per piece. (14.4ยข)

Waaah? xD have we had pictures of the back of the boxes already?

Yeah on the Tower and Iron Man vs Ultron Amazon listings.

In the Iron Man vs Ultron set it actually shows you that you should take apart the drones and to put them on the vehicle on the back of the box.

Also it shows a pretty cool play feature, where you use the super jumper to knock the drone of the vehicle.

Overall this set looks to be superior to all previous $12.99 USD marvel sets, due to the sheer amount of figs ( 1 fig per every 22.5 pieces) and price per piece. (14.4ยข)

Yeah on the Tower and Iron Man vs Ultron Amazon listings.

Ah i've seen it now, nice :thumbup: