CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

Great to get some clear pictures.

Iron Man vs. Ultron: a very respectable army builder for the price. While Ultron drones are obviously good to have lots of, I think this will open up a lot more fanmade Iron Man variants as well, having him in such a low price + high quality set.

Hydra Showdown: Probably the least talked about set of the wave, but it looks like a very solid entry into the standard £20 / 3 minifigures category that Lego Superheroes has excelled in so far. Both vehicles look good, and it's great to have Thor in a sub £50 set. Hawkeye also looks much better than the last version.

Hulk Buster Smash: possibly the best of the lot, the Hulk Buster apparently looks amazing IRL and again, it's great to have Hulk in a sub £50 set, though I'm not sure about the pale green and shorts printing. Might look better IRL as well.

Quinjet City Chase: looks fantastic. A great selection of minifgures here, Cap and Black Widow look much improved. Looks like the best variant of Ultron is here, and they've thrown in another Iron Man as well. Not quite sure about Vision, the pale green and deep pink seems a bit odd, I think normal green might work better (spoiler warning). A great minifgure to have anyway. As for the Quinjet, it looks beautiful here, perhaps even on-par with the Milano. White and dark blue looks so good. I really hope it has an interior, and they haven't wasted the internals on a motorbike launcher (both would be preferable!) For £60, a must get, surely?

Attack on Avengers Tower: not too impressed. It just looks pretty bland. Iron Legion and mangled Ultron are nice figures, but the tower itself is a bit boring. Certainly doesn't do enough to justify the £70 price tag. Think this is the weakest of the lot.

All in all, a very strong wave- Avengers Tower is, ironically, the only one that isn't immediately compelling. Only the Hydra Fortress to go now. And something beginning with H?

I can't see any way there's a substantial amount of seating in the Quinjet, seeing as it fits both a motorcycle launching feature and that little capsule thing. And hey, what do you know, the capsule is six studs long, the exact length of the trapdoor in the back. :wink: So I guess that's a little more confirmation that the front area of the ship contains the motorcycle.

Is anyone else disappointed with the Ultron minifigs in general?

I was really hoping for a cool Ultron helmet, but to be quite honest, feeling pretty underwhelmed....

Is anyone else disappointed with the Ultron minifigs in general?

I was really hoping for a cool Ultron helmet, but to be quite honest, feeling pretty underwhelmed....

Yeah I am. The main problem in my opinion is the circular eyes.

I can't see any way there's a substantial amount of seating in the Quinjet, seeing as it fits both a motorcycle launching feature and that little capsule thing. And hey, what do you know, the capsule is six studs long, the exact length of the trapdoor in the back. :wink: So I guess that's a little more confirmation that the front area of the ship contains the motorcycle.

Hadn't noticed the capsule- couldn't it be stowed inside the truck, though? And how do you know what size the trapdoor in the back is? I thought we'd only seen pictures of the side/front?

I love the Ultron Drones, but Ultron himself is not as impressive as I would like. I think the Ultimate Ultron is the best version for sure--he's the most like the comic Ultron and his helmet looks the best out of all of them. Granted...a chromed version would be amazing--hopefully one of the great chrome customizers out there will get on that!

Actually, seeing better pictures now, I think the helmet on Ultimate Ultron is just a combination and recolor of the neck bracket on Ultron Prime and the Drone helmet. That would explain the shape of both and the strange nature of the neck bracket--what with the giant chin. As a plus, that means we could take the helmet from the Drone captain and put it on Ultron Prime--to make a dark metalic grey version of Ultimate Ultron!

Personally, my favorite version of Ultron is the Mark I in the Avengers Tower, but the only sets I plan on getting are the Hulkbuster and Quinjet, so I might have to find some way to trade for that figure. Overall I think this wave looks great.

The sets look very nice! Avengers Tower actually looks a lot better than I thought it would. The Quinjet looks alright, but I'm guessing (and hoping) it looks better in person. Most likely going to pick up most, if not all of these sets. :thumbup:

I'm glad that we get three full drones in the smallest set I really want to buy it now. The tower looks okay.

The hydra showdown is a must have for Hawkey but I wish that the bad guy got the bigger vehicle.

And since we still don't know about the inside there's nothing much new for the Quinjet.Although it looks like black widow gets two guns instead of those other things that we'd heard about.

Edited by jasonwyngard

Amazing sets :wub: The must buys are Iron Man vs Ultron Drones, Avengers Hydra showdown and...

Attack on Hydra fortress... wich is not there :sceptic:, I want to see Quicksilver :cry_sad:

Iron Man Vs Ultron definitely seems to be the set to get, as an army builder i cannot fault it as it focuses almost entirely on figures and four figures for such a cheap price (£11.99) it is perfect even if the piece count is lacking.

Hydra Showdown to me is disappointing, when you have a cheap set with four figures, a more expensive set should have four or more figures easily. So having three figures with two vehicles that dont interest me makes this an easy pass.

Hulkbuster Smash is in my mind a set that is intended to be a rivalry to the Hydra Raid. This set contains Scarlet Witch as an opposite to that sets Quick Silver and both include the Hulk. Though in my mind this set wins as rather than include another fairly generic vehicle and a building, this set contains a brick-built Hulkbuster which is more iconic. Pick up this set and get Strucker and Quick Silver via another method.

To be honest the Quinjet City Chase rides entirely on the Quinjet, which is essentially the Milano combined with the Quinjet in terms of its design. Personally i'm not a fan of the Quinjet and Vision looks odd the more i see him so i'm more than likely going to pick-up the figures elsewhere or wait for the sales on this. Attack On Avengers tower features the same issue as most sets, playability over details. As such to me the building is disappointing. The figures are 'ok' though the drones and Ultron dont entirely match what we've seen. Either way, both of these are inferior sets to the Helicarrier in terms of how iconic they are. As such if i get the Helicarrier i'll be skipping these sets and picking up the figures.

Attack on Avengers Tower: not too impressed. It just looks pretty bland. Iron Legion and mangled Ultron are nice figures, but the tower itself is a bit boring. Certainly doesn't do enough to justify the £70 price tag. Think this is the weakest of the lot.

Its £59.99, but yeah, i agree

Edited by Scarilian

Its £59.99, but yeah, i agree

Are you getting that from the labels in the Argos catalog? Because I think that was incorrect, if you look in the full description in the margin the Tower is £70 and the Quinjet £60, which is what we'd heard before. Not 100% sure though.

Are you getting that from the labels in the Argos catalog? Because I think that was incorrect, if you look in the full description in the margin the Tower is £70 and the Quinjet £60, which is what we'd heard before. Not 100% sure though.

Yeah, was using the Argos catalogue image, not sure either as it could be an error as you said. Though i doubt the Tower would be more than the Quinjet as the Quinjet has more exclusive figures (Ultimate Ultron, Vision, Captain America and Black Widow) and seemingly has more pieces.

Yeah, was using the Argos catalogue image, not sure either as it could be an error as you said. Though i doubt the Tower would be more than the Quinjet as the Quinjet has more exclusive figures (Ultimate Ultron, Vision, Captain America and Black Widow) and seemingly has more pieces.

CapnRex101 just confirmed that the Toy Fair labels put the Quinjet at £60 and the Tower at £70. Yeah, it's surprising, but I'm not complaining ;)

CapnRex101 just confirmed that the Toy Fair labels put the Quinjet at £60 and the Tower at £70. Yeah, it's surprising, but I'm not complaining ;)

In which case i'll probably pick up the Quinjet after all... as its the cheaper of the two.

So Velma and Daphne from the Scooby line get really nice leg printing that goes round the sides with nice new custom hair moulds. Cue footstampy meltdown from the Scarlet Witch (and other Super Heroes) Fanclub. ;)

Edited by Robianco

I hope there is a little chance to get White Tiger to complete the team...Classic Green Goblin is awesome, I am very scared about Rhino, classic Rhino as big fig could be better, but we will see :) Instead Sandman I better choce Shocker he is more action.

As for Avengers 2 sets.. Shoddy figure is Thor... again (Hulk lab smash..classic Thor without helmet)...same strange colour hair, no leg printing... rest of figures is very amazing with beautiful details..eh..except Vision head, and missing Captain helemt, and Thor :D but just my opinion :)

How many times? Thor has never worn a helmet in the movies other than Thor 1 for one scene before he took it off. On the contrary Thor is very accurate to the Age Of Ultron Movie, the armour is identical, they have finally given him the gun metal effect arms, his face is brand new and has two new exp<b></b>ressions and his hammer is now metal effect silver like the orb and nebula's arms. The hair I agree with should be more the colour of thranduil from the Hobbit line but clearly they prefer this one as it catches eyes of kids.I also agree with the no leg printing. Vision again is almost entirely accurate to the movie version images we have seen, yeah a helmet mold for cap would be good but lego most likely won't do it as flash's helmet is too bulbous for cap as cap's helmet is more refined and smaller and lego have made a few new molds for this wave this year: Hulk, Black Widow Hair,ultron helmet, ultron prime neckpiece. That's already 4 new molds so sadly lego wouldn't make one for cap as they feel the helmet is small enough to just be a face mask, they have got the head print quite right this year though, with the details and the brown chinstrap. Shame cap doesn't have leg printing same with Thor but lego are a bit hit and miss this year with superhero leg printing. Supergirl, Black widow, Cyborg, Hawkman, Scarlet witch, hawkeye,Ultron (all three varaints and drones) yet Thor, Cap, Green Arrow, Superman, The flash don't seem to have any. No idea why this is but the figures are all movie accurate in this avengers wave and have far less inconsistencies than the 2012 wave, plus thankfully they all have unique face prints rather than Loki 2012's reuse of bruce Wayne's head.

Edited by legofreak86

So Velma and Daphne from the Scooby line get really nice leg printing that goes round the sides with nice new custom hair moulds. Cue footstampy meltdown from the Scarlet Witch (and other Super Heroes) Fanclub. ;)

Yeah Scarlet Witch was quite frankly, half-assed.

I appreciate that Lego tried giving Black Widow a new, more accurate hairpiece but that new piece just looks... Dorky. Maybe it will look better in person. Overall I truly don't think I'll be getting any sets in this wave as I prefer minifigures based on the comics, and none of the builds are extraordinary to me. But I'm eagerly awaiting the summer wave!

I'm not too happy about the build the only exceptional one in my opinion is the Quinjet, I will be getting the wave regardless but I am a little dissapointed in some of the builds, the Avengers jeep also looks like a good build.

I have a minor rage going on in my head right now...

Oooh, pretty pictures!

Iron Man vs Ultron Legion or whatever it's called, nifty little army builder set, that's about it for me. Not a bad set. I'm not too sold on them taking their legs apart to combine with the flier.

Hawkeye vs Hydra looks like a decent set. Hawkeye looks pretty good and the new Thor is appreciated, but the two vehicles feel kind of flimsy and lightweight, especially compared to the 4x4 Hawkeye originally came with. I like the little "Tesseract" cannon on top of the Hydra vehicle.

Hulkbuster's looking better and better, I was already going to get it even though the revealed pictures looked pretty bland, but it looks a lot better in the more "frank" shots. Did anyone else catch the transparent blue skeleton army arms to hold the helmet on? I bet that's there to mimic the assembly sequence without the whole thing having to come apart, but with all the joints and hinged parts you could probably play out your own little assembly sequence. I'm definitely okay with Lego streamlining the bigfig body, since it means we can get bigfigs more easily, and the pants feel a little weird but whatever. Scarlet Witch isn't a bad figure, just a little off. I wish Lego would figure out how to print skin so it doesn't look so dark on non-skin colored pieces. But still the one I'm most eagerly looking forward to getting (and modifying :wink: ). I wonder how much it opens up: probably just the helmet.

The Quinjet looks REALLY nice. It's obviously related to the original but very different, and I like the color scheme a lot. I hope there's at least a little interior space, but that's not a no-sell clause for me and it's easily modified to give it an interior. I'm suspecting that anything that's a generic Avengers piece of equipment in the movie as opposed to a specialized uniform or weapon will be dark blue and white, since both the Quinjet and the two Iron Legion suits in the Avengers tower come in those colors. Is Cap's motorcycle's shell a new piece? I don't remember seeing it anywhere else, but I admittedly don't follow the city sets much so it could be a reuse of a racing shell. Most of the mini figures look pretty good, lots of details. Black Widow's hair… um… yeah, I mean, it's more accurate to the movie, but at the same time, it's REALLY dorky looking. And I'm gonna replace those two guns with a pair of the machine pistols. The little truck is a nice addition, but it doesn't seem to come with a driver, unless it's Ultron doing the driving…

Oddly enough, I find myself liking Avengers Tower a bit more now. Sure, it's just a playset, but it doesn't look too horrible, and it has those nice Iron Legion armors (oh, that beautiful navy blue). It's not a bad set at all, just not a day one purchase for me. I'm trying to figure out what that little transparent white jewel next to the antenna on top of the building is made out of. I don't recognize it. I might strip out the interior and put the micro Quinjet from the Helicarrier on that landing deck, have my own little Avengers tower to loom over my other sets. And steal the arms from one of the Thors (between this and the smaller Hydra set) to give to the other Thor. ;)

And still no nice pictures of the Hydra base, so no real thoughts on that one yet, but from what I've seen it's the one I'm looking forward to least.

Overall, it's a nice line and I'm looking forward to all of them, only three are must-buys (Hulkbuster, Quinjet, and Iron Man vs Ultron), but I am planning to get them all because I might be addicted to the MCU. Some of the extra bits feel a little cheap, like the Hulk cage or the Shield Jeep. Lots of really nice printings, but a few areas that feel like corner cutting because of how many sets and characters they had to make. Gee I wonder if Iron Man is the star of the MCU, since he appears in four out of the six sets, and gets one set all to himself? Also, I'm wondering if at least one of the Ultrons could have used the robot legs that Darth Maul used in that one The Clone Wars set, to give him a bit extra height and inhumanness, but maybe Marvel nixed that idea.

Edited by MrManiac