CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

People in the DC thread have said that the capes are better in person, fyi...

They're really not. Storm had a thicker cape like them. It looks okay on her, but on Thor and Vision it would look completely awful.

I actually think the new capes are okay. They have just as many problems as the old cape but different. So for me it was a lateral move. The most visible problem is that around the neck the cape appears too thick. Honestly Lego could solve that problem by redesigning the cape so there aren't two neck holes on the cape.

Otherwise though it's problems are comparable to the old cape. Old is too rigid, new is too soft. Both have weird textures. Old one wrinkles, new one stretches. Really it's all a matter of what you'd rather have to put up with.

I'd say it's pretty likely they'll try the fabric in the Avengers sets, after all Superman and Thor have the same cape.

Storm's cape is quite a bit thicker than the new capes. I'm holding my new Superman now, and he looks great. The neckline isn't bad, the cape is soft and smooth (not the typical felt material), and it won't get crushed in, say, the Javelin. I agree, they looked awful, but having four of the new-material capes, I can say that they're better than all of the other kinds. They won't get crushed under pressure, they're not too thick, and they probably won't unravel and fray like Vitruvius' cape.

Yeah, I got hold of one of the new capes and I really like them, my only gripe is that the neck part doesn't look perfect, but it doesn't with the usual Cape either, so I really have no gripes

This picture show Antman and Yellowjacket, if you pay attention to the bottom right hand corner there is an avengers logo. That is the exact same avengers logo that appears on the winter soldier polybag. So that avengers logo is going to appear on the antman set box too. Yellowjacket is a great looking character, i hope we get him in that variation or some what close to it.

Edited by amazingbricks

This picture show Antman and Yellowjacket, if you pay attention to the bottom right hand corner there is an avengers logo. That is the exact same avengers logo that appears on the winter soldier polybag. So that avengers logo is going to appear on the antman set box too. Yellowjacket is a great looking character, i hope we get him in that variation or some what close to it.

Looking at the image (Higher quality version) i wonder how they'll do Yellowjacket as a figure...

Edited by Scarilian

Looking at the image (Higher quality version) i wonder how they'll do Yellowjacket as a figure...

They'll do great. Just look at Star-Lord's helmet and see how good it turned out to be

Isn't that the same avengers logo as on the non movie winter soldier? strange.

Guess its some overall new marvel branding.

They'll do great. Just look at Star-Lord's helmet and see how good it turned out to be

Well theres several problems with the star lord helmet. the printing and molding does not work together as it should.

Most other lego molds are good tho!

I think yellowjacket will praopbly get some sort of 'backpack' with the extra arms conencted.

Edited by deskp

True, just wondering how they'll do the arms...

Since when does Yellowjacket have arms tied behind his back?!

I get the feeling the idea is to make Ant-Man mirror Peter Parker and have Yellowjacket be a sort of 'Doctor Octopus' style threat...

Edited by Scarilian

Since when has YellowJacket ever been a villain?

From the description given at comic con, this Yellowjacket isn't an outright villain per se, just someone who puts the Pym particles to a different use. I think he'll be more of an anti-hero in the film, but of course as far as marketing goes he is the villain of the movie.

Na, he'll be the villain. It's Darren Cross' suit instead of Pym's in the movie. Cross is the bad guy.

After re-watching the Winter Soldier movie i am 100 percent sure that the figure is based off the movie. The torso printing of the costume is pretty much 100 percent accurate to the film version and for those puzzling about why WS isn't wearing the movie bullet-resistant goggles with the mask, that's because its based off the part of the movie where black widow shoots at him and hits one of the goggle eyepieces, causing him to discard the goggles as he pursues her, he stays this way (with only the mouth mask piece) til cap flips him into the air and it falls off unmasking him. The backside of the face appears to be an option just in case comic book enthusiasts wanted to use this WS as the comic one as the torso would work for both movie and classic despite the fact that it is movie based. I for one can't wait for this promo, WS looks awesome in lego form and its very nice to see him in a polybag through lego shop as he is perhaps one of the best antagonists of the movies so far and it was disappointing that he was missed.

Pretty much this: http://www.albionple...relt79_1_12.jpg

Its clearly based on the movie design but the belt is brown rather than black so it makes it usable for a classic one, the vest is the same template but the bits that go across the chest are dark grey rather than black, probably so they show up better with the other black elements.

The brown straps and grey armour designs may have in fact come from concept art such as this: http://juststopscrea...ter-Soldier.png

Edited by legofreak86

I want a WS fig now :snicker: Never been a big fan of him but he looks cool

Also i love the new Black Widow fig she looks much better with that hair as does Hawkeye, still searching for answers for the release date

Since when has YellowJacket ever been a villain?

Na, he'll be the villain. It's Darren Cross' suit instead of Pym's in the movie. Cross is the bad guy.

Yellow Jacket has never been portrayed as a Villan, but rather a darker side of Hank Pym/ Ant Man but he will be a Villain in the film.

I really hope Yellow jacket turns out to be an anti hero like Dead pool and Punisher that is somehow hired or persuaded to take down Ant Man and Hank Pym in the movie and they then team up to take down the main threat.

Edited by Quicksilver

He should make a pretty cool minifig! Hopefully they pull it off well.

Yellow Jacket has never been portrayed as a Villan, but rather a darker side of Hank Pym/ Ant Man but he will be a Villain in the film.

Technically speaking, the second incarnation of yellowjacket was a supervillainess.

Those back two appendages aren't arms. I believe they're going to be wings or maybe even thrusters.

From the synopsis it seems Cross wants Pym's company and tech for nefarious purposes perhaps to create his own aka that suit. Just speculation based on the snyopsis. Either way i speculate in the antman set we may see Antman (lang), Hope van dyne, Hank Pym and Cross's yellowjacket? That'd be cool. I like the look of both costumes but wonder if hope will don her own costume as that generations wasp, intrugingly in an interview Evangeline lily mentions her character in the movie was "Raised by two superheroes" she also says that in the movie that "My parents were the founding members of the original avengers". Could this suggest a secret original avengers team maybe in the older days as Pym is old in this film and may be perhaps retired from being ant man looking for someone to take up the mantle? http://comicbook.com/2014/12/19/did-evangeline-lilly-just-hint-at-an-earlier-version-of-the-aven/ if this is true this could be an interesting development.

I really hope Yellow jacket turns out to be an anti hero like Dead pool and Punisher that is somehow hired or persuaded to take down Ant Man and Hank Pym in the movie and they then team up to take down the main threat.

He is the main threat, it's been made pretty clear in press releases / synopsis.

Oh by the way, why do you hate the capes guys? I was waiting for fabric capes for a long time now and really glad that finally Lego made them real. Old, paper-like capes are not MOC or vehicle friendly.

Oh by the way, why do you hate the capes guys? I was waiting for fabric capes for a long time now and really glad that finally Lego made them real. Old, paper-like capes are not MOC or vehicle friendly.

The neck lines just look awful to me. It should be thinner there because it's really distracting.

I hate the capes. You can't really adjust them without taking off the heads, and they almost make the minifig look like it's wearing a turtleneck.