CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

God, that Sandman set is awful. Lack-luster figs, poor build, poor play features, crappy Rhino representation. D+

worst marvel set since the Mandarin Cart set IMO.

God, that Sandman set is awful. Lack-luster figs, poor build, poor play features, crappy Rhino representation. D+

I agree. Tough I like the Iron Spider, it's a shame that Sandman is partially sandcoloured, and Rhino is just the worst. And his mech looks bad too, I don't know what the guy who said it was MOC tier was on!

And the set itself just looks junioriz3d, with huge pieces everywhere.

Edited by Risgrynsgrot

It's been stated for a few months already. Toysrus even had it posted on their website for a day or two but took the listing off

Free with purchase at Lego stores in June I believe...I only that for the US

Thanks for reply and info. Can't wait to get this figure. And Winter Solider!!

Thanks again, Jamie

The point of spoiler tags is to...not spoil anything. So referring to anything inside the tag (outside of the tag) negates the point of it entirely. :wink:

To an extent, however having a non-spoilery tag saying "Here i voice my potential spoilery thoughts on the movie relating to the amount of Ultron's" or "Here i talk about the accuracy of sets" could help those who want to read certain aspects but not be spoiled.

Or you know, we could all just stop posting movie spoilers in the set discussion thread!--you know, so the rest of us don't get our entire movie experience ruined...Eurobricks spoilers killed baby Groot for me last year, and I'd prefer it if my Avengers 2 experience is not also destroyed.

Anyone ever heard of this thread? "Marvel Cinematic Universe"

Not seen any movie spoilers so far, but i do agree that people should be wary when posting anything movie related.

Anyone have any idea as to why include the plain black head in the ant man set? At first i thought it may have like mask printing, so that ant man can have the "full helmet" look, and not have the unaccurate mouth gap. But now i see that its completely blacl, so like....what gives?

When the suit is not being worn by a person you can put the black head inside and stand it up as if the suit is hung somewhere. Similar to how when the Ant-Man suit is not being worn by a person.

I don't get it, Where is Hank Pym on the box art?

Think he is intentionally removed from the box art because (potential spoilers)

If he is the main villain depicting him fighting Ant-Man would ruin the movie, if he comes to help Ant-Man then depicting that scene may also ruin the movie. Whatever his inclusion, him wearing the suit is a spoiler.

worst marvel set since the Mandarin Cart set IMO.

Personally i felt that set, due to the heart breaker, is the better set. also the price being cheaper. The Sandman set is only really good for the Sandman figure. All the other figures look like they are minimally detailed.

Edited by Scarilian

The expensive sets in this wave (Joker Land and Sandman and Rhino) almost feel like a cash grab as they have a high price per piece ratio and mini figures that are somewhat lacking and reused (Spidey, Penguin, Joker etc.).

But I'm in love with the Carnage and Ant Man sets.

For me, the problems in the Sandman set go even further. Why does Sandman have an elf face? It's dainty and curvy when he should be butch and have hard features. The Iron Spider is cool, but the red is too bright and the gold needs some better outlining. And where are Rhino's tattoos? If it's based on the movie it should look like the movie, instead of us getting another reused head. Spidey's boot print is lackluster as well.

My only other big complaint is the general design for carnage. I think the black tendrils on his chest should be thicker, he's just a bit too red. I think they were going for a "modern" look though.

My wife was amazing enough to pick up the Hulkbuster set for me, as it's been selling out everywhere. I like most of the Hulkbuster build, but man is he tall!

Kids will probably love the sandman set. I hate it. Crappy designs and too much needless playfeatures. I actually only like the pants with boots for spiderman (or comic captain america).

Antman set - hurray

Carnage set - that shield guy has an odd face, but nevertheless great set

green goblin set - the set doesnt make sense, but hey, green goblin comicstyle

I was checking the lego store calender on the Lego website and it said that during May 13th-31st VIPs get early access to set but what set is comming out. We just got the KwikEMart. I know I probaly should't have posted this here sorry

Kids will probably love the sandman set. I hate it. Crappy designs and too much needless playfeatures. I actually only like the pants with boots for spiderman (or comic captain america).

Antman set - hurray

Carnage set - that shield guy has an odd face, but nevertheless great set

green goblin set - the set doesnt make sense, but hey, green goblin comicstyle

Honestly I like the sandman set. I've been trying to make more areas that I can have battle in, on a large scale. The only problem I have with the set is that rhino doesn't have fingers. Besides that the other thing I have a problem is the price of the spidy junior's set.

After watching Avengers Age of Ultron I'm even more with Ultron's depiction.

The heads are so inaccurate, as is the height of some of them. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Oh well...

Ultron definitely needed woody's legs (as did Groot..), or something like it... too bad.

Movie was pretty cool, better than what I expected actually (I admit I was a bit skeptic though).

I was checking the lego store calender on the Lego website and it said that during May 13th-31st VIPs get early access to set but what set is comming out. We just got the KwikEMart. I know I probaly should't have posted this here sorry

Hmm what could that be...

Really excited for the Ant-Man and Carnage set; going to get them in July

Seeing as a whole lotta you will buy the Ant-Man set, Lego sees it's a good thing to release a solo movie set like 20/30 dollars

This years Ant Man, Next years Doctor Strange, Then Ragnarok after that, and then Black panther and Miss Marvel! :laugh:

After watching the movie, I still can't distinguish the ultimate and prime.

Hulkbuster set is the first body Ultron gets when he uploads himself into a body in the Hydra castle, as far as I could tell this was the same body he used after he was blown up in Wakanda.

Quinjet set is the second body Ultron gets after he steals Black Widow. This is the one that is slightly taller and comes up from behind and rips apart the old body.

Edited by Zilcho

I don't normally comment on these threads (but do read them with some interest), but I am in love with that Ant-Man set (Amazon.co.uk have it up for pre-order by the way - funnily enough using the confidential image). Everything about it is just perfect to me - especially the buildable LEGO bricks, as much as I would have liked to have seen statuettes of the minifigures also (but oh well, you can't have it all I guess)

But there's something I've noticed with it, and I don't think anybody has even picked up on it yet. Notice how the yellow buildable LEGO plate is at an angle, with a 3x12 wedge plate and appears to have a life preserver attached to it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's actually a catapult, judging by the fact there is also a LEGO screw flying through the air in the box art. And it appears to have been launched by the ant crawling onto the giant buildable LEGO plate (of course, in real life, it would be operated by the human finger :wink: )

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

But there's something I've noticed with it, and I don't think anybody has even picked up on it yet. Notice how the yellow buildable LEGO plate is at an angle, with a 3x12 wedge plate and appears to have a life preserver attached to it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's actually a catapult, judging by the fact there is also a LEGO screw flying through the air in the box art. And it appears to have been launched by the ant crawling onto the giant buildable LEGO plate (of course, in real life, it would be operated by the human finger :wink: )

Great spot!