Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

What we know: there are black X-Wings, the Millenium Falcon appears, and.....Oh, that's it!

There's also the giant green pig and the backpack alien (they were one of the first Ep7 pix that hit the net). Imagine the Lego versions.....

millennium-falcon-star-wars-spoiler-sneak-peek-behind-the-scenes-photos-0119-480w.jpg?resize=480%2C361wpid-wp-1400700860143.jpeg

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

There's also the giant green pig and the backpack alien (they were one of the first Ep7 pix that hit the net). Imagine the Lego versions.....

Thanks for the lack of a "spoiler alert". Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

@LN: IT SURE IS!!! Here is the all new, original Mos Eisleys Hero Assault map! Let you're imagination go wild, and create one of the most iconic scenes in all of Star War's history!

Tadda! :laugh::grin:

post-127146-0-19395000-1412247324_thumb.jpg

If we are getting the Azura Angel dose that mean we could possibly be getting more sets from the original clone wars series.

Edited by Chookdude

I would love to see the gunship from the start of volume 2

Edited by Chookdude

I didn't realise how much a set can change from a Prelim pic to the final version. If you take the Disney Princess line which has recently been shared by just2good the Elsa's Ice castle for example - the set and box has completely changed. In the prelim it had a purple staircase and now its white. The box art has the two girls in completely different positions too.

This makes me even more excited to see the final set images for the Star Wars Winter sets. Maybe we will get the OT Stormtroopers after all and TLG realised they messed up a little with one in the Ghost.

I will still buy the ITT however even with Ghost style Stormtroopers as they dont offend me as much as they do other people. But of course i would prefer OT style.

Hopefully not long to wait to find out :)

@LN: IT SURE IS!!! Here is the all new, original Mos Eisleys Hero Assault map! Let you're imagination go wild, and create one of the most iconic scenes in all of Star War's history!

Tadda! :laugh::grin:

It looks incredible; you really captured the aftermath of the battle. :tongue:

But seriously, if they make TFU sets, and TOR sets, why not Battlefront?

millennium-falcon-star-wars-spoiler-sneak-peek-behind-the-scenes-photos-0119-480w.jpg?resize=480%2C361wpid-wp-1400700860143.jpeg

Oh yeah.....I forgot about that.....Lego can never do these though. The pig would only be a gross big-fig, since you know, there is no more efficient way to do it.

If we are getting the Azure Angel does that mean we could possibly be getting more sets from the original clone wars series.

I doubt it. That series isn't canon anymore, atleast according to Disney. The only reason why we got this was because it was already in production, in the sense that it had already started to be designed. I do hope Disney changes their outlook on the EU, they are missing out on a whole crowd of Star Wars fans.

Agreed; I'm also hopeful they'll go ahead and canonize KOTOR/TOR. It's thousands of years before the films, so unless VII drastically changes Sith origins entirely and other ancient history elements, it seems silly to leave that other era off in Legends-land (even if that era connects with stuff that will remain Legends, like Exar Kun's spirit returning on Yavin IV several years after Endor)

May the 4th figures are great, but I hope that won't be the only way to hope for EU goodies. Anyhoo... nice to get at least one Microseries set!

Edited by Venkefedo

Agreed; I'm also hopeful they'll go ahead and canonize KOTOR/TOR. It's thousands of years before the films, so unless VII drastically changes Sith origins entirely and other ancient history elements, it seems silly to leave that other era off in Legends-land (even if that era connects with stuff that will remain Legends, like Exar Kun's spirit returning on Yavin IV several years after Endor)

May the 4th figures are great, but I hope that won't be the only way to hope for EU goodies. Anyhoo... nice to get at least one Microseries set!

Doubt very much they will canonise it. Once the 6 new films are done you can bet your bottom dollar the next films will be set before Ep1 etc - 'Star Wars Origins' type of thing. They may use some of the content but will do it their way

Agreed; I'm also hopeful they'll go ahead and canonize KOTOR/TOR.

I would love an Ebon Hawk set. But alas I have my doubts.

LEGO should do what Hasbro does: a 'Fan's choice set'.

Hasbro has done this several times with action figures: they nominate a couple of characters and the one that gets the most votes is released.

Besides Dagobah and Cloud City I can't think of a set I'd want more than the Ebon Hawk (with the whole crew of course).

LEGO should do what Hasbro does: a 'Fan's choice set'.

Hasbro has done this several times with action figures: they nominate a couple of characters and the one that gets the most votes is released.

Besides Dagobah and Cloud City I can't think of a set I'd want more than the Ebon Hawk (with the whole crew of course).

unfortunately the New Disney rules on EU/Legends content appear to have ended everything non-canon, including Fan voted EU type things.

What would be awesome is if Disney started a whole new series of short films, named “Star Wars: Legends” and highlight stories from the Legends lines. This would give them both the ability to profit from those EU stories we all love AND keep them out of the main story, after all its just a Legend, right? For Example: for the Thrawn Trilogy it could start out with “Legend has it that far off in the future…..” and for TOR stories “This is the Legend of <insert name>, thousands of years ago…”

The problem with Fan's Choice is sometimes the company doesn't actually give you what the fans voted for... the last Hasbro one, for instance, had two distinct versions of Mara Jade in the running: Emperor's Hand Mara and Jedi Master Mara Skywalker. Luke's wife won, because the previous two Mara figures (1998 and the Comic Pack one) were in the sleeveless catsuit she wore in most art & photos of her as Emperor's Hand, in addition to how she appeared in the Thrawn comics and elsewhere; fans wanted Jedi Mara in a Jedi-type outfit to represent an older more mature character, mother of Ben Skywalker, but Hasbro told its designers "do whatever you want"...

...so we got Emperor's Hand Mara instead, in a black sleeveless catsuit (the only difference is it wasn't blue, like the previous two figures), with her unique saber which traditionally is associated with her Emperor's Hand days. Many thought she'd used Luke's old saber for a long time, that he gifted her at the end of the Thrawn Trilogy, tho the books rarely go into specifics of what saber she had years later as a Jedi. In any case, it's not what fans voted for... something like this could happen with Lego, too; fans vote for the Ebon Hawk, and they give us a KOTOR swoop instead... fans vote for a Bastila Shan minifig, and we get a different Satele Shan instead. I dunno. That whole last Hasbro poll really, really annoyed me... but if Disney really did say "quit making anything from the EU", that annoys me more, since they're cutting off so much potential from the last couple decades of material.

Man, if I had one Fan Vote, I'd say either Bounty Hunter lineup (from TESB), Lars Homestead, or Ewok Celebration (Force Ghosts, Ewoks, barbeque, Lando......). <-Wow, that sounds weird, like force-ghost ewoks are barbequeing Lando........

Lego KIND OF did a fan vote thing, back in '09 I think, when we chose Palpatine's Arrest, Home One, or something else (forgot....)

Man, if I had one Fan Vote, I'd say either Bounty Hunter lineup (from TESB), Lars Homestead, or Ewok Celebration (Force Ghosts, Ewoks, barbeque, Lando......). <-Wow, that sounds weird, like force-ghost ewoks are barbequeing Lando........

Lego KIND OF did a fan vote thing, back in '09 I think, when we chose Palpatine's Arrest, Home One, or something else (forgot....)

Yeah we kind of got them all haha the third was the Slave I and Cloud City land platform. So not really a true fan choice. Also I thought The Old Republic was still canon so some mire sets in 2015 would be possible. As for Battlefront sets in 2015 I think those are more of a release of the game thing.

Star Wars Episode VII: The Revenge of Clueless Morgan(featuring the discarded concept art from Avatar!).

I actually like the backpack alien. The pig though, looks like live-action CGI. Not to mention that the costume doesn't make any sense from a design standpoint. The legs on a real animal wouldn't have flaps of flesh falling off them like that. Around the joints, possibly, but not the feet, unless has medical issues to an extreme scale.

The pig though, looks like live-action CGI. Not to mention that the costume doesn't make any sense from a design standpoint. The legs on a real animal wouldn't have flaps of flesh falling off them like that. Around the joints, possibly, but not the feet, unless has medical issues to an extreme scale.

It just had liposuction, you are so insensitive :sad::laugh:

Star Wars Episode VII: The Revenge of Clueless Morgan(featuring the discarded concept art from Avatar!).

I actually like the backpack alien. The pig though, looks like live-action CGI. Not to mention that the costume doesn't make any sense from a design standpoint. The legs on a real animal wouldn't have flaps of flesh falling off them like that. Around the joints, possibly, but not the feet, unless has medical issues to an extreme scale.

yep no earthly animals ever have large amounts of extra skin.... :grin:wrinkled-shar-pei.jpg

yep no earthly animals ever have large amounts of extra skin.... :grin:wrinkled-shar-pei.jpg

You should correct that to no happy animals have loads of extra skin!

Edited by Lord Tyrus

It's a beast of burden on a desert world, the flaps of skin serve as insulation of some form and/or allow the creature to store extra water or something.

But, really, all you need to know is it's alien. It doesn't have to resemble life on our world in every respect... Banthas are covered in thick, long fur, which we don't really see on large desert-dwelling mammals on Earth, mynocks can live comfortably within the gullet of giant space slugs feeding on who knows what (since ships hiding in the slug are probably few & far between), etc...

Today's the day! The official premiere of Rebels... and better looks at stuff in the show that will be reflected in the upcoming sets!

Rebels is on atm, due to me not watching it, I have it recording.

I heard the pictures are coming soon? That is something to look forward to.