Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I don't think there'll be a decline in OT sets. I think the sets we've had in the last few waves have been great and this is just one wave that's a bit OT light. The SuperHeroes wave for January looks like it'll clean me out anyway.

I'm sure the OT will be just as prominent along with Rebels and the ST when it arrives.

I agree with what many people are saying: this will likely be a cheap wave for me. The T-16 is definitely on my list, along with the AT-DP, possibly the AAT (though I think it will use a lot of stickers). The T-16 can't be priced more than $50, especially without a bantha, and the AT-DP can only be $60 like this year's AT-AP. This year, I had to by the battlepacks, the wheelbike, the interceptor, the Droid Starfighter, the AT-AP......and the Sandcrawler, the ISD, the Cantina, the AT-AT.....wallet=dead.

But even next year's summer wave probably won't interest me; it will be too early for Episode VII sets, so it will likely be 90% Rebels, 10% other. The only thing that could really interest me are the exclusives: Bring on the Slave I, or Cloud City, or Amidala's Episode III Starship!!!!

Edited by LN-01354

I believe Lego will have an extra wave just for ep7 when that happens. So we should still get a proper ratio of PT, OT and Rebels.

Extra wave? Never. Lego only does two waves a year; I could maybe see them doing an early January/late December release, but most likely, Episode VII sets will have to wait until January 2016. I mean, do you think they would do the summer wave, an extra wave, and the winter 2016 wave all in a few months. Absolutely not!

It would be sweet though. :classic:

There is zero chance that Episode VII will be released and there would not be EP7 LEGO products on the shelves.

Expect a December 2015 wave, perhaps even November.

The big question is if they are going to be able to keep the sets under wraps until close to the movie release date...

There is zero chance that Episode VII will be released and there would not be EP7 LEGO products on the shelves.

Expect a December 2015 wave, perhaps even November.

The big question is if they are going to be able to keep the sets under wraps until close to the movie release date...

I don't want to veer too much into speculation like this, but the Episode VII sets are going to quite possibly be the biggest release LEGO has ever put out. Think about it.

LEGO is more popular now than they ever were.

LEGO Star Wars is their best selling theme.

I'm not sure if Star Wars VII is getting more anticipation than the Phantom Menace, but I feel it is.

LEGO is going to have to put out at least ten sets. And, Disney and LEGO will go out of their way to make sure NOTHING leaks.

Either they will postpone the Summer Wave (doubt it), or they will push up the winter 2016 wave. And you know what? Most people probably won't see the movie until very close to 2016. There are tons of fans, ready to buy out every ticket and flood the movie theaters. A December 18 release, coupled with family visiting and huge lines of fans buying out the tickets? Kids will be the last to see this movie, likely in early 2016.

I'm not sure if Star Wars VII is getting more anticipation than the Phantom Menace, but I feel it is.

LEGO is going to have to put out at least ten sets. And, Disney and LEGO will go out of their way to make sure NOTHING leaks.

Agreed 100%. These movies are the most anticipated, because these will decide the series as a whole. No doubt, if people say that these three are bad, coupled with TPM and AOTC, they will consider the entire series to be ruined. VII will decide the new generation of fans; it will decide if the legacy will live on, or if it will become a simple action movie blockbuster.

This will be the biggest release. Ever. For any movie.

Edited by LN-01354

These movies are the most anticipated

Not so sure about that... after the (IMO, YMMV, etc) suckfest that was the PT expectations for the new trilogy are pretty darn low. On the bright side, I may be pleasantly surprised if the movies actually turn out to be good!

That was my point: PT was terrible, OT was incredible, so these movies will decide if Star Wars will be remembered fondly, or known as a mess. Horribly written, or well crafted. These next 3 could become the next classics, or can be lost into oblivion.

I don't know know why everyone hates the PT. It gave star wars a whole new generation of fans eg me! Yes it had a ton of CGI, but all sci fi movies have that now. I must say ep 3 & 6 are the best (my opinion). They are both so emotional & both end an era.

Also, when the OT came out CGI was nearly unheard of & no offence, but my generation love the CGI of the PT. We love to see realistic battles & ships. We must think what if Lucus had made the movies the other way round??

And, Disney and LEGO will go out of their way to make sure NOTHING leaks.

Didn't they go out of their way to prevent the Hobbit stuff from leaking?

I can't wait to see the Mexican or Chinese factory pics!

Well, I love ROTS; it is my favorite next to The Empire Strikes Back. But AOTC has way too much CGI, and Menace is just a disgrace to cinema. I too am a prequel baby, but at a certain point, the only thing that makes me want to watch AOTC is nostalgia. I don't just mindlessly rip on them, just like "Oh, I hate Jar Jar." I do, but my hatred for the prequels lies in the fact that they ruined the legacy of Star Wars with lame references, overuse of CGI, and a plot that had to be stretched way too much to last over three movies.

Edited by LN-01354

This is not the place to have an OT vs. PT vs. ST vs. TCW vs. EU debate, nor is it the place to discuss the impact of Episode VII on the public opinion of the Star Wars saga. Neither topic has anything to do with upcoming sets, or even with LEGO Star Wars in general, so it would belong in the Culture and Multimedia forum. Thanks!

Sorry, Brickdoctor. I forgot....It's just that, with so little news flowing in, this topic is starting to go dead.

But, back on topic: Who else is hoping for a new Amidala's Starship? I mean, next year is the decade-anniversary of ROTS, so they should do something special like that. ROTS Padme, anyone?

I don't know know why everyone hates the PT. It gave star wars a whole new generation of fans eg me! Yes it had a ton of CGI, but all sci fi movies have that now. I must say ep 3 & 6 are the best (my opinion). They are both so emotional & both end an era.

Also, when the OT came out CGI was nearly unheard of & no offence, but my generation love the CGI of the PT. We love to see realistic battles & ships. We must think what if Lucus had made the movies the other way round??

To be fair I agree with this because the PT was my generation. I loved the OT but the PT has elements of action, technique, setting and effects which surpass the OT. I believe that the PT had the potential story wise to outclass the OT in it's Faustian tragedy aspect. While the OT has great chemistry and fun, it is outdated in it's slow pacing and weak action segments. I still say that Ewan, Hayden and Natalie did a great job in ROTS considering what they were given. Ewan is a great actor and his portrayal of Kenobi astounding and worthy of recognition.

And here is the crux of the matter, regardless of how well received the ST will be the OT generation will not accept it like they rejected the PT. They will not know how the current generation, the targeted audience will receive and appreciate the ST. And to be fair, ROTS was actually received well by critics and it deserves it, hammy scenes and awkward dialogue included. As Star Wars fans, all three trilogies are reflective of a different generation who all deserve mutual respect and an open mindedness.

Apologies for continuing this line of discussion, it was in the spirit of cooperation. That said I look forward to exciting new sets for SW 2015. While the Rebels sets are of a lesser priority, I still plan to purchase the smaller sets at least. I am most excited about the AAT and the Skyhopper sets.

Apologies for continuing this line of discussion, it was in the spirit of cooperation. That said I look forward to exciting new sets for SW 2015. While the Rebels sets are of a lesser priority, I still plan to purchase the smaller sets at least. I am most excited about the AAT and the Skyhopper sets.

Same here! Can't wait for the Tusken, 12 years without them is long enough.

I just really hope TLG doesn't cheap out on it. They have a fantastic opportunity and it would be a shame to see it go to waste!

Anyways, its the time of year when we check Bricklink for new figs! So if you see anything, especially a Tusken, be sure to tell me :laugh: !

The Tusken had better have a separate head-attachment, like a helmet. I do not want a printed face, I want a mask piece. Ooh, and a type of cape/robe! They could make it so great by doing those two things. But then, if it is a seperate helmet, would they include a face underneath? And on that topic, will Episode VII reveal their faces? Could this be in preperation for the movies? TOO MUCH THINKING AND SPECULATION!!!

Edited by LN-01354

The Tusken had better have a separate head-attachment, like a helmet. I do not want a printed face, I want a mask piece. Ooh, and a type of cape/robe! They could make it so great by doing those two things. But then, if it is a seperate helmet, would they include a face underneath? And on that topic, will Episode VII reveal their faces? Could this be in preperation for the movies? TOO MUCH THINKING AND SPECULATION!!!

To answer your questions in order: Yes (as with Chima, it may just be a printed version of the 'mask' head), no, and no. The Tuskens aren't worth spending more film-time developing, much like Tatooine itself. There's still a big galaxy left to explore out there. New comics and books might be able to delve into Tuskens, even if they wind up similar to the Legends EU depiction of them, but it's pointless to wish for them in VII. Savage beings who speak in grunts & honks... Not very compelling entertainment.

Still, it'd be nice if one AND a bantha were in the T-16 set...

Well, Tatooine will be developed in VII. We saw leaked images of different sets way out in the desert. Gee, I have no idea what that could be....so if Tatooine is getting screen time, Tuskens definitely will. Whether or not they show their faces is still a mystery, but I am betting on them and Jawas having their faces revealed.

And yeah, I'd love a Bantha too. Maybe utilizing the mini ball joints....

Well, Tatooine will be developed in VII. We saw leaked images of different sets way out in the desert. Gee, I have no idea what that could be....so if Tatooine is getting screen time, Tuskens definitely will. Whether or not they show their faces is still a mystery, but I am betting on them and Jawas having their faces revealed.

And yeah, I'd love a Bantha too. Maybe utilizing the mini ball joints....

The sandplanet in Episode 7 is NOT Tatooine according to various insiders/spies/sources.

Various insiders/spies/sources also said that the Inquisitor would be the main villain in VII, and that the title will be The Ancient Fear. I don't believe anything from "a trustworthy source"; I don't even believe the new Stormtrooper helmets.

I don't get all hate either... Both have + and - points, but they are all great movies. Some characters should have never made it to the screen in the PT and some story lines should have been scraped, but there is not much you can do about it now. In OT some of the acting was pretty bad not to mention the CGI... :thumbdown:, but again not much to do about it! I like to see it as a complete saga, not just PT, OT, EU and all the other era's...

Well, I agree with that. Star Wars is not Star Wars without TPM, or AOTC. The OT is pretty close to perfect, and contrary to what others say, I think that the old effects still stood the test of time, as did the writing. But the OT has better writing, albeit less plot, and better characters, effects, and scenes.

But hey, this isn't the topic page for OT vs PT, so let's get back on the topic at hand:

Do we think that the minifig in the Micro-RGS will be a pilot, but with a new-molded helmet. They should make it a lot more accurate, and this seems like a great opportunity.