Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Did I miss something, because I thought chewie died somewhere between EP 6 en EP 7? :tongue:

Chewie died in the Expanded Universe, yes, but after Disney acquired Star Wars they declared all EU stuff non-canon.

This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Chewie died in the Expanded Universe, yes, but after Disney acquired Star Wars they declared all EU stuff non-canon.

I'd rather not have chewie dead.

I'd rather not have chewie dead.

It was a good death.

But I was more referring to the whole of the EU becoming non-canon. I can understand Disney not wanting to traverse the quagmire (or asteroid field) of the entire Expanded Universe to make their new movies, but it probably would've been more diplomatic to just set them in a new continuity. Like with comics.

Oh ye of little faith ... :sadnew:

You people do know who this is, right? If the man says Chewie can fit in the cockpit with Han, then you dang sure better believe him. Any other tidbits about the Episode 7 sets you can give us without loosing your job, oh Prince of Plastic?

It was a good death.

But I was more referring to the whole of the EU becoming non-canon. I can understand Disney not wanting to traverse the quagmire (or asteroid field) of the entire Expanded Universe to make their new movies, but it probably would've been more diplomatic to just set them in a new continuity. Like with comics.

Getting a moon dropped on one's head is hardly a good death :tongue: I think getting rid of the entire EU was an excellent move, there's really not much worth saving IMO (except Boba Fett surviving) :grin:

Back2topic: I have looked up Ralph McQuarries Snowspeeder design (since most of the new TFA and Rebels designs are heavily inspired by his original ones) and it's very close to the one seen in TESB, so I highly doubt we'll be getting that one... It's quite weird if you ask me, if the new FO Snowspeeder is indeed inspired by the TESB one, you have to wonder why the FO uses that one instead of a revamped version of some Imperial snowy craft and if it's not the same, then why use the same name? :wacko: And yeah, I've tried putting TESB Snowtroopers in the TESB Snowspeeder, and it looks exactly as awkward as one would expect :laugh:

Love the HHGTTG reference!

While I like the new MF and X-wing builds, I'm not sold on the idea that I actually NEED them, since I have the most recent version of each, and the UCS versions, as well. (OK, 10179 is still under construction, but the last lots have been ordered.)

I hope the fig in the middle isnt Kylo Ren.

Nope, that's the "Unkar henchman" :wink: This character has been revealed in one of the behind-the-scenes pictures released in April :classic:

Edit: It's supposed to be this guy:

5543ca9d801ffcbc36b341d3_vanity-fair-star-wars-06.jpg

http://photos.vanityfair.com/2015/05/01/5543ca9d801ffcbc36b341d3_vanity-fair-star-wars-06.jpg

Edited by Lego-Freak

And yeah, I've tried putting TESB Snowtroopers in the TESB Snowspeeder, and it looks exactly as awkward as one would expect :laugh:

I honestly suspect that the First Order Snowspeeder will be a land speeder like Luke's/Naboo flash speeder/Mandalorian speeder to transport FO troops on the snow planet as it seems there won't be pilots in the new snowspeeder set. Just 2 snowtroopers and 1 snowtrooper officer.

Ah, too late to comment on those pics then *Ahem*

Anywho, I've been thinking lately about what the interior of the Episode VII version of the Falcon is going to be like, and in a way can't wait to find out, whenever again the sets get released this year (which for some reason, haha, I can't remember)

Edited by AudiBobaR5-D2

repost. hope this time is ok

Edited by Bob De Quatre
don't deeplink pictures, last warning.

New stuff

The minifig on the left... That helmet is ridiculous. Haha! Pretty bad printing too. I would be surprised if this was the final version. Rey looks absolutely great!

Nice, This just gets better and better! That new MF is certainly a must have as is the X-Wing.

the admin is deleting my post because im deeplinking. don't know what that is.

Edited by geobrush

You people do know who this is, right? If the man says Chewie can fit in the cockpit with Han, then you dang sure better believe him. Any other tidbits about the Episode 7 sets you can give us without loosing your job, oh Prince of Plastic?

Ok, if this is your interpretation :)

I was merely asking for a little more confidence in your favorite LEGO theme's designers - something that often seems to be in low supply on these forums. While I cannot comment on rumors or leaked material in general, I'll be more than happy to share my knowledge on Episode VII model design AFTER the official release.

So, no promises for now! For all I said or didn't say, you may still have to stuff the big walking carpet into the cockpit sideways ... ;)

the admin is deleting my post because im deeplinking. don't know what that is.

Basically don't embed the image in your post. Host the image on Imgur or something similar, and then post a link.

I really would like to see this image as well, I'm craving new leaks.

Edited by Nokturn

Who's the figure in black? looks like a Death Star technician with an upsidedown helmet.

That's what it looks like to me, as well. Perhaps he's an operater/gunner/technician stationed in the

Starkiller Base

Ah fudgr, Rey has a ponytail on the back. Accurate but not what I wanted.