Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

If that is indeed a stealth X-Wing and the Resistance is attacking a snow base, well.. It's going to stick out like a sore thumb.

Also, rumour flying around that the Ewok Village will retire by the end of the year to make room for its replacement set, no doubt the Hoth play set will take its place!

If that is indeed a stealth X-Wing and the Resistance is attacking a snow base, well.. It's going to stick out like a sore thumb.

Also, rumour flying around that the Ewok Village will retire by the end of the year to make room for its replacement set, no doubt the Hoth play set will take its place!

Ewok Village has been out since Sept. 2013 so it's wouldn't be surprising to see it go. Echo Base seems like a good replacement.

But BB-8 isn't mentioned in the description of that set despite being referred to by name in the X-Wing and MF set descriptions :wink: The catalogue page with Rey's (crashed) speeder we've seen previously was a bit misleading I guess :grin:

Ah, good point! Guess he won't be in the small one!

Hey guys, first post here.

I immediately compared the new MF to the 7965 and the stud count in length, width and circumference seems identical. However, the new MF is at least two full brick heights thinner (the incline on the top panels is reduced) and that changes the proportions of the mandibles in a positive way...

Although the parts count differs little, the main structure seems quite different.

Wanted to add that the 7965 MFs "intermediate ring" around the cockpit has been removed, so the cockpit sits a bit further back now. But it does seem to be the old mould. Still, by sitting further back the proportions of the cockpit also look a bit better, to go with that flatter overall design.

I'm therefore getting the new MF and turning 7965 into an Outrider...

Edited by bennytheoutrider

I doubt that minifig list is fake. The only reason I'd be disappointed with it is if Finn and BB-8 aren't in Rey's Speeder. Of course I haven't seen the film so the character on the list might be important enough to that scene, but it would have been nice to get the main character of a movie for $20 instead of $150.

I didn't think Lego would be gutsy enough to do this, but locking the hero of the movie into the flagship set is a bold, brilliant move. Never will the hype be greater for Star Wars than this holiday season. Finn, the new hero, along with the Falcon & the classic duo are going to be must-haves, and kids/parents will break the bank and cross everything else off their lists just to get them for the holidays. Putting the "new trio" (BB8, Finn, and Rey) in a 20 dollar set would be a truly boneheaded move that would cannibalize sales from the rest of the wave - it's just something we had kind of taken for granted as happening anyways since the marketing has shown them together so much with that speeder (and the BB8 magazine pic with the shattered speeder parts). Now, if you want all the new heroes - Finn, Rey, BB8, Poe - you have no choice but to drop 230 clams. Which is the smart thing to do - every Star Wars fan who buys Lego worth their salt has to get the essential ships: Falcon, X-Wing, TIE Fighter. People here are crapping on the Falcon's exterior, but we have no idea how different the internal build and interior detailing is. And the bottom line is, it's been a LONG time since the 2011 Falcon for the general populace. Same thing for a generic TIE fighter, the last one hasn't been on shelves for over a year or more.

The film's release date works well for lego - wave 1 can be launched in September and they can be ready with wave 2 in their usual January wave, only weeks after TFA premiers. As such, Lego have probably designed one 'big' wave and staggered the release over two dates. I imagine January is where we'll see battle packs

I imagine January is where we'll see battle packs

...and hopefully Maz Kanata, Snoke, Luke, Leia, Nien Nunb....and aliens with new headmolds.

Just talked to one of the employees at my local LEGO store last week and he told me that the Ewok village will retire indeed, but they have a few boxes left in the back (around 15-20) and after these are sold, they are not expected to receive a refill.

If we are going to get the new (and amazing) windscreen for the X-Wing, do you think we will get another for the Snowspeeder?

Hopefully, the one they’ve been using for Snowspeeders is so completely wrong, a lot worse than using it for X-wings, so if X-wings got an updated windscreen then maybe the Snowspeeder should also get a much needed update, providing that the Snowspeeder in the new movie has similar design to the original of course.

Anyone else think the Pirate guy in the Falcon set looks somewhat like Talon Karrde?

If we are going to get the new (and amazing) windscreen for the X-Wing, do you think we will get another for the Snowspeeder?

Depends what it looks like. we have no idea.

Depends what it looks like. we have no idea.

Exactly. Those snowspeeders belong to the First Order and not the Resistance, thus I expect them to look different :classic: Still, they might be based on the ones seen in TESB, but why on Earth should the FO use starfighters that belonged to the predecessor of their sworn enemy? That's like the Resistance using walkers based on AT-STs :tongue:

The new Falcon...Meh.

The new X-Wing...Now that got me mad. Is Lego seriously charging 80+ dollars for a black regular (old design) X-wing. With slightly changed wing+engine and new cockpit canopy. Oh and that. Why cant Lego make a proper cockpit canopy? The UCS version has the angles wrong from the start and now this minifig scale has the same incorrect angles. :thumbdown:

I don't really understand the logic behind buying Lego sets from a movie that won't be coming out in almost four months. The Falcon is understandable, since it's an iconic ship so the step isn't that big. The new X-Wing however, is a bit too different from what we are used to to get enthusiastic about. Those colors give it a vibe of belonging to some kind of special agents theme like Lego has been releasing from time to time over the last fifteen years. It would have helped alot if they used a less shiny shade of orange, right now it looks a bit too much like a toy. Which I know it is, but still...

Don't get me wrong, I wish everyone a pleasant hype (and maybe I'll lift along a bit), but I'll just wait and see till the January wave comes out :)

I don't really understand the logic behind buying Lego sets from a movie that won't be coming out in almost four months.

Well, you see whats in the box and decide if you want that or not.

The new Falcon...Meh.

The new X-Wing...Now that got me mad. Is Lego seriously charging 80+ dollars for a black regular (old design) X-wing. With slightly changed wing+engine and new cockpit canopy. Oh and that. Why cant Lego make a proper cockpit canopy? The UCS version has the angles wrong from the start and now this minifig scale has the same incorrect angles. :thumbdown:

That's a new generation X-Wing from Episode 7 and it's pretty accurate for a minifig-scale ship. What did you expect? The design in the film has not changed very much from the good old T-65. As far as the cockpit - it's the most accurate cockpit Lego have done and is a great replacement for the terribly inaccurate one we have had for 16 years. So thumbs up from me :)

I never got any of the old Falcons, so the new one is a definite must-buy! The X-Wing... meh, I'll rather hunt down a 9493. The figs are nice though.

Loving the fact they made a new bowcaster mold, though I'll probably only use the base of the weapon and ditch the stud shooter function. It would've been even better if they'd gone for a "prop" weapon instead, but it still looks nice.

I don't get why people seem to love the new X-Wing windscreen mould. I think it looks awfully inaccurate. It is supposed to narrow a bit towards the front, not widen. For me it's the biggest wasted opportunity of all time. I really hoped for a new mould, but not something like this.

Nice color scheme and cleverly built engines on this new X-Wing. The torso prints on the Resistance pilots are excellent, but the helmet designs and faceprints are kinda ugly compared to the classic OT Rebel pilots.

Kanjiklub Gang? Seriously? Looks like the enemies are a bunch of weeaboos who want to learn the Japanese alphabet. :laugh: The day hardcore fans learn to appreciate Episode I in all its jarjarish glory draws near, I tell you. I mean, it wasn't a bad movie, right? :thumbup::grin:

I don't get why people seem to love the new X-Wing windscreen mould. I think it looks awfully inaccurate. It is supposed to narrow a bit towards the front, not widen. For me it's the biggest wasted opportunity of all time. I really hoped for a new mould, but not something like this.

Going off memory as i cant find the pic of the full box anymore but i think it was just the perspective of the ship, the bottom of the canopy looked square unless you meant the slope from the front to the top with four studs? in which case i agree. Its still better than that blasted canopy we've had for 16 years though! :D

That's a new generation X-Wing from Episode 7 and it's pretty accurate for a minifig-scale ship. What did you expect? The design in the film has not changed very much from the good old T-65. As far as the cockpit - it's the most accurate cockpit Lego have done and is a great replacement for the terribly inaccurate one we have had for 16 years. So thumbs up from me :)

You got me wrong there. I'm a big enough fan to understand the details. I'm just not happy how Lego didn't get the shapes and sizes right after changing that horrible cockpit to something better. The trapezoid shape of the front of the cockpit is upside down and not correct in size. It should be 2 Studs wide where it meets the nose and 3 Studs wide at the top

This is the correct shape:

windscreen.jpg

I don't see how that's connected to my post.

This is a toy. You are going to get what it's in the box.

I have a lot of sets from the prequels and I think they are bad movies.