Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Available in stores in Denmark, some Danish guy was selling on a Facebook group in frequent.

My (unrealistic) dream is to watch Episode VII for the first time, and then right after, I go to Target with $500 an buy all of the sets!

That's merchandising! and it's evil. :wink: .

Edited by Nom Carver

Its evil because it reestablished the canon for the sake of profit and many will be falling for it, I know thats what business is supposed to be all about, but nobody said that business and consumism wasn't part of this monstrosity.

Back on topic, that "imperial assault carrier" looks too much like a space shuttle (the ones in real world), too much resemblance to real things disrupts the magic, that's why I always hated the CTT.

that "imperial assault carrier" looks too much like a space shuttle (the ones in real world), too much resemblance to real things disrupts the magic, that's why I always hated the CTT.

I also think it looks too much like a space shuttle. But the CTT looks like a real thing? That never occurred to me. What does it look like?

I agree with the space shuttle part. The lego set seems a bit narrower than depicted on the show, making it even more shuttle-like.

Edited by Schneeds

And on the topic of that rebels imperial cruiser, I like it. It almost looks like a space shuttle. Just to clarify since I haven't kept up with rebels, is this the ship Ezra is on in the first episode?

It's a Gozanti-class cruiser. This version has been seen in episodes 1, 4, 6, and 9 of season 1. There were also appearances in TPM, AotC and many TCW episodes, but they had some differences to what we're getting now.

I guess I can sort of see a space-shuttle shape, but it doesn't bother me. It's plenty different that nobody would confuse the two.

Edited by rollermonkey

... But the CTT looks like a real thing? That never occurred to me. What does it look like?

It has wheels, what's the point with that when you have repulsor lifting and legs (I love legged vehicles).

It has wheels, what's the point with that when you have repulsor lifting and legs (I love legged vehicles).

Well, the wheels can crush things in its path. It can go over more types if terain than say, the AT-TE because of its suspension and wheels.

I can't believe none of the Episode I sets are gonna have a Darth Maul minifig. But we got a 2nd Obi Wan... and too many Gugans!

Edited by duboismerci

Available in stores in Denmark, some Danish guy was selling on a Facebook group in frequent.

Went to Lego Store in Copenhagen today, the vendor didn't know anything about it, tried at the first BR, same answer, tried a second BR, girl told me it was already sold out in this shop, then she had a look on her computer and told me none were available around :( I'll try a 3rd one this week

Well, the wheels can crush things in its path. It can go over more types if terain than say, the AT-TE because of its suspension and wheels.

AT-TEs are known to climb walls, and walkers would be more effective in irregular terrain, they are also superior at making closed turns and look way more menacing, I mean, look at the CTT and compare it to the AT-AT, the hell with practicity! that thing left a footprint on our memories so deep that it makes it almost as iconic as the millenium falcon or the x-wing, thats why we have had 5 versions of it vs the 2 CTTs (or maybe I just happen to like legged vehicles too much).

So when is this other toy fair event?

I can't believe none of the Episode I sets are gonna have a Darth Maul minifig. But we got a 2nd Obi Wan... and too many Gugans!

Seeing how good a job LEGO has done with the Death Star Final Duel set, I think its now time for them to attempt the Duel of the Fates as a set. They could easily place the door in the middle of the set, and have one side be the hangar and the other side the big pit where Maul and Qui-Gon die. They could try to add some of the other aspects of the location, such as the energy beam room or the red ray shield doors, but I fear that it would make the set a little too large. However, if it were done as a larger set we would have a chance for more figs.

Anyway, sorry about that bit of wish-listing. So other than the pic of the Final Duel, was there any other news from the UK Toy Fair?

Its evil because it reestablished the canon for the sake of profit and many will be falling for it, I know thats what business is supposed to be all about, but nobody said that business and consumism wasn't part of this monstrosity.

"It's nothing personal. It's just business ... Lord Business." :vader:

I might pick up the TIE Advanced for the Inquisitor minifigure (some great parts there for building custom minifigs :excited:), but otherwise I'll probably sit out the current wave. Nothing really strikes me as being worth the cash yet, not when one of my favorite Space themes is going on sale at TRU as they try to get rid of it.

Edited by VK-318

LOL, right because Lucas shunned merchandising.

It was a joke. I, for one, actually love everything Disney has done (get rid of the EU, make Rebels, etc.) The way I said it, I thought it came across as a joke, but I guess not. Maybe I should've added one of these: :tongue:

"It's nothing personal. It's just business ... Lord Business." :vader:

I might pick up the TIE Advanced for the Inquisitor minifigure (some great parts there for building custom minifigs :excited:), but otherwise I'll probably sit out the current wave. Nothing really strikes me as being worth the cash yet, not when one of my favorite Space themes is going on sale at TRU as they try to get rid of it.

The TIE Advanced Prototype is a very nice set. I'd recommend getting it. I don't like that Inquisitor guy, but the officer and pilot are cool. The ship looks cool, but also a great extra parts set. By the way, my 100th post :classic:. Goodbye vassals :tongue:

this'll be a cheap year by the looks of it......but I need affordable Wookiees for my Kashyyyk Battle

Little update : The sergeant can still be found in some BR shops ;) You are supposed to get there dressed as a Stormtrooper. Awing and AT DP polybags were found in a Fotex supermarket for 30DKK (4.20€)

1599860_883918558326835_376383451_n.jpg