Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

*snip*

It's not super bad, but it bothers me enough to warrant going to the effort of replacing it. Since the canopy on an X-wing is so exposed, it's rather noticeable.

Especially when swooshing. :grin:

That's weird. While I didn't get the X-Wing, I noticed that I have a problem too with the cockpit pieces for the Millenium Falcon set. The clear dish piece on the end that holds it all together won't fit over the studs on the clear canopy pieces (or whatever they are called). I was forced to just use a clear 2x2 instead. Plus, even with that piece, the cockpit won't click all the way onto the back and I think I saw one of the other reviewers also had a similar problem. So, I'm wondering if this is a problem with whoever is making the clear cockpit parts??

Still, I love the rest of the set so much, I look right past this flaw and am just enjoying this wonderfully designed set.

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

Nokturn's link to reddit was edifying. Red_4 posted:

"It's strange that so many would get through QC. I've never heard of such a large scale sh*tfest coming from Lego.

I bought the X-wing yesterday. There was one massively screwed up piece, but it wasn't the cockpit. It was the large yellow plate that forms the base of the crew cart. I just threw it in the trash, not worth any extra trouble."

This is a pretty major deal, guys. I'm somewhat bewildered that this is happening. A regular old baseplate was warped? I have never seen that and I've lost count long ago how many Lego kits I've cracked open.

Others have stated that their X-Wing kit contained no faulty pieces and I've read elsewhere that it was the cockpit windscreen that was the issue... but it sounds like it's going to be a crap shoot for all of us - not every shop will have due diligence with the recalls and some warped X-Wings are likely still sitting on many shelves. Plus, who knows when we'll get a restock? Couldn't it take up to another 6 months or even a year to get replacement kits?

Richpepperal has also stated that there were errors with the building instructions.

This puts us in a strange situation - buy the X Wing now, for fear of not being able to get it before 2016 or take a chance that the one you find on the shelf is a-ok?

Oh, and did anyone run out and buy the whole wave? Would love to see this beautiful wave all together on a table or something all at once.

Any Aussies looking for the new sets and not checking on the "Aussie sales" thread: I just picked up Poe's X-Wing for 92 $ from BigW! They sell it for 15 $ under the RRP anyway, and only today, they have an additional 20% off.

Any Aussies looking for the new sets and not checking on the "Aussie sales" thread: I just picked up Poe's X-Wing for 92 $ from BigW! They sell it for 15 $ under the RRP anyway, and only today, they have an additional 20% off.

Saw something on instar am about buy one get one half off at the toysrus there

The clear end cap on the MF is odd to put on.

A little extra force then you'd think was required. Once popped in, it seemed very solid.

Jim

The extra red stickers for the SF Tie go under the front canopy to make the color scheme solid.

IMAG0345_zps39f0ff9m.jpg

IMAG0344_zpsiadkegqq.jpg

The clear end cap on the MF is odd to put on.

A little extra force then you'd think was required. Once popped in, it seemed very solid.

Jim

Exactly how mine is. Once assembled and put on for the first time, it goes on and off perfectly fine.

Edited by pcsguy88

I purchased Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle day 1 from Lego S@H and just yesterday it arrived...and I began building it only to soon find out that it was missing a bag! They forgot to give me two #6 bags in order to build the top of the wings. This is the first time I've ever had something missing in my set..and of course it had to be a whole bag! :ugh:

Anyone else have a problem like that?

Well...my order or Reys speeder, Tie and Troop Transporter was minus the Tie.

The Tie was missing when it came and I called SAH. They without question mailed me one. I was very impressed but all this quality control is concerning. It is not normal lego.

Well...my order or Reys speeder, Tie and Troop Transporter was minus the Tie.

The Tie was missing when it came and I called SAH. They without question mailed me one. I was very impressed but all this quality control is concerning. It is not normal lego.

Dang man, good to know everything worked out though. I've sent Lego an E-Mail and a parts request, so everything should be alright. And at the very least, the bag I need didn't contain any figures, so I've got them all.

It's pretty worrisome to see all of these QC issues though...

The extra red stickers for the SF Tie go under the front canopy to make the color scheme solid.

That's what I did too!

Now that the Force Awakens sets have been out for a week, can anyone say which one is the best set of the line?

Depends on who you ask. For me, Kylo Ren's Shuttle is easily the best of the wave. I know others would disagree, though.

Depends on who you ask. For me, Kylo Ren's Shuttle is easily the best of the wave. I know others would disagree, though.

Exactly. Everybody has different ideas about 'the best'. For me, it's clearly the Millennium Falcon - followed by Poe's X-Wing.

Now that the Force Awakens sets have been out for a week, can anyone say which one is the best set of the line?

If you mean best set based on vehicle we haven't seen on screen before( like MF, TIE,X-Wing) I think it's between FO Transporter and Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle. To me Kylo's Shuttle is better by a small margin 55 to 45 against Transporter. But if you mean all vehicles I am going with Millennium Falcon. Edited by benderisgreat

Once the wings are modded, Kylo's shuttle edges out the Falcon for design, but this is my first Falcon and I love it dearly. So glad I skipped the old one last year.

Once the wings are modded, Kylo's shuttle edges out the Falcon for design, but this is my first Falcon and I love it dearly. So glad I skipped the old one last year.

Im goad i skipped it too.

For me the order of interest would have to be :

- Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle

- First Order Transporter

- Tie Fighter

- Poe's X-Wing Starfighter

- Millenium Falcon (this may be due to the fact that i have the old one)

- First Order Snowspeeder

- Rey's Speeder

Exactly. Everybody has different ideas about 'the best'. For me, it's clearly the Millennium Falcon - followed by Poe's X-Wing.

Agreed! Millenium Falcon is amazing, and the X-Wing is very cool and a close second. That new black and orange has really grown on me, and the new helmet with visor for Poe is a great attention to details!

I actually really love Rey's Speeder. And the interior of the FO Transporter is amazing. Looking forward to getting the XWing and TIE fighter based on people's opinions. I also have not yet built Kylo's Shuttle.

How long would you expect the 75105 MF to be in production? Obviously it's not going any where for 12 to 24 months but I wonder if it will have an extended life like 7965 and even span multiple movie releases.

(Pure speculation) If the ship itself appears it multiple films would it make sense to keep 75105 in production even if the minifigs become a bit out of date because I can't see how it could be redesigned every couple of years if it continues on in the film series.

The same could be said about the X-Wing and TIE but I'm sure TLG will update the colour schemes.

No doubt we will get a blue and white X-wing by next summer.

The SF Tie is pretty and cool, but I'm still irked by the complete lack of value in the set and would never consider buying another. Can't even imagine the buyer's remorse I'd have if I had bought the UCF Tie.

I purchased Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle day 1 from Lego S@H and just yesterday it arrived...and I began building it only to soon find out that it was missing a bag! They forgot to give me two #6 bags in order to build the top of the wings. This is the first time I've ever had something missing in my set..and of course it had to be a whole bag! :ugh:

It's been a long time, but yes, I've had that happen as well. My Twilight came without a bag containing much of the wing, back whenever the Twilight set came out--2009, maybe. I got it from a brick-and-mortar store, so I just returned it and they gave me a new one without any problems. These issues are very rare, but they've been happening forever and will continue to happen forever. No matter how good their QC is, out of all the millions of sets they sell some fraction are always going to be screwed up.

It depends on what you prefer.

1. If you prefer new and interesting vehicles design, then Rey's Speeder, Kylo's Command Shuttle, First Order Transporter and First Order Snowspeeder is for you.

2. If you prefer classic and old-school vehicle design, then SF TIE, Poe's X-Wing and the Millenium Falcon is for you.

3. If you prefer sets that has many play feature , then the First Order Transporter and First Order Snowspeeder is for you.

I don't get any of the sets yet, so I cannot fully judge.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

This is terrifying. I was going to purchase one at the Lego shop today... I'm inclined, with this apparent rash of QC blunders, to open the kit on the spot in the store and demand a replacement if it is missing any bags. The investment that it is, at the very least should offer the satisfaction of building it when purchased.

On the other hand, I'm wondering if (the recall of 75102 aside) the QC issues on this wave are they same as every other wave - but the SW:TFA hype is pushing these QC incidents to the forefront.