Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I already mentioned this wrt Slave I release date in the dedicated thread, but figured this would be a good place for it as well: I am just confused at why did TLG shift the two UCS a year policy :sceptic: I can't say I am overly happy with that fact. GIve people a choice. I am not a huge fan of the Sandcrawler but I would love to get Slave I (not really, just making a point). At this rate, maybe, just maybe, TLG will release another UCS before the Ep. VII hits the screens and I was really hoping they would do the bloody AT-AT UCS before we are submerged in new merchandise. This way, I have perhaps a single shot at it. Either they do it or I won't see it for 5 years to come :angry: The release date is a very dissapointing news, at least for me.

@just2good man you're just awesome...you are like the greatest user of all time

Oh my, thanks!!!

Thanks just2good! You just made my day and I'm sure many others!

Aw, I'm not THAT good. But thanks y'all. :purr:

Edited by just2good

Thank you so much Justin!

I started collecting SW and then stopped again, but now feel as if I HAVE to build a Imperial army. :P Too much awesome! :D

My wallet is screaming and crying about now. That battle droid carrier, though... I was not expecting that at all! Overall, as a dedicated member of the 501st Legion, it's good to see a lot of Imperial sets, and even the Rebels stormtroopers are starting to grow on me a bit. The chibi AT-AT and Spider Droid are adorable as well.

One thing I'm not sure about is the Shadow Troopers. A definite buy, to be sure, but the troopers in it seem to be a darker shade than standard dark gray. Is this a new color?

I really like the sets especially the rebels ones but I'm not sure what do think about the T-16...no real womp rat and the tusken raider is good but at the same time weird...he reminds me on the simpsons head I'm not sure why...

The Tusken! forumsmiley251.gif No doubt I'll get that set! Stormie battlepack is also a no-brainer.

Seeining these pix I'm also interested in the AT-DP......while the TIE Advanced has a great fig (Inquisitor) but I don't think that'll convince me.

1 thing sucks: Sabine hasn't got her helmet!!!

I agree. The Tusken Raider is just odd. It nearly seems like a Hasbro action figure head on a minifigure torso.

My personal favourite is the Shadow Troopers Bp and the Senate Commando's Bp. Quite annoyed about the ITT, but then again, I'm whining over bits of plastic :)

Thanks a lot, Just2good!!!

Senate Commandos with updated legs - good! Not as good as robed Senate Guards, but nice anyway.

Sabine looks really good to me, but I think some people will dislike her.

The AT-DP itself looks nice, but the colours of the Drivers and Kallus are off. That is a shame considering Lego had improved on its colours massively in the recent sets (AT-AT driver finally has the right colours e.g.). Still a must buy.

That Battle Droid Troop Carrier is all kinds of awesome! Thank ya, J2G!

That Sabine is so awesome! Actually, all of the Rebels characters look great - Sabine, Kallus, and the Inquisitor. LEGO did a great job with those.

Some things here are pretty weird, though, like the new (as yet unseen) Droid Carrier. Did we really need a new one of those? And it's a laugh that it carriers way more droids than the MTT. Plus it'll probably be $60.

While I love Senate troopers, it's a shame that these don't match the old ones. The old ones had blue CW Clone torsos, while these have movie Clone torsos. Maybe I'll get some anyway, but it's a shame they couldn't at least have done the Phase II Clone torsos. Troopers that look like this don't even appear in the films.

I love these!!!! I'll have to buy the Rebels sets right away. The Battle Droid Troop Carrier looks great. I have the 2011 one and this looks so much better! The MicroFighters look cuter than this years. I'll get the T-16 and maybe the Shadow Troopers BP. The Geonosis Troopers BP looks weird. Why Airborne and Phase 2 helmets? I hope to see the rest soon, but I can live w/o seeing them 'til January. Edit: I'd also like to add that I like how the ITT is built, even though it's way too small, but four Stormies make up for it! The dark tan Imperial Officer looks strange, but it'll probably be like that in the show. The minifigures look amazing like they usually are lately. I wonder if there will be a green and orange speeder bike in the show. I'm surprised the AT-DP Drivers have new helmets, not a reuse of Ezra's, but they are different in the show. I'll get a Republic Gunship MF if I get the full-sized one. Anyways, this is long enough, so I'll finish up-These sets are great!!!

Edited by AnthonyP301

Wait, 75086 wasn't in the preliminaries? Whoopsie! I guess that's a surprise for y'all! :grin:

Again, as always, thanks for the support! It means so much. :classic:

Edited by just2good

Here's my two cents based on the new pics!

Shadow Troopers - looks identical to the prelim, which is awesome, but I'm not quite sure what to make of it given the EU's current status. The speeder looks sweet though.

Imperial Troop Transport - This set is fantastic! I don't even mind the rebels stormies so this is a must for me, multiples on the cards.

Geonosis Troopers - Again, not quite sure where this is coming from, and I am a little disappointed that it's just recolours of existing troopers. Probably won't be getting this one.

Senate Commando Troopers - This set is actually very impressive! The helmets use the CW prints but the chest design looks PT so I'm not sure. The turret looks super though, and the fig selection (1 Officer, 3 Troopers) is fantastic, although I may need two of this one to get an even number of each type.

Ezra's Speeder Bike - Super disappointed in this set. Sabine looks so bland and although her hair is nice, where is her helmet? The trooper is the wrong variant and the attempt at Ezra's light saver hilt is just plain lazy. Finally, I realise that this I likely based on concept art but still, all of the speeders were white, so I don't know where this green and orange is supposed to have come from.

T-16 Skyhopper - I personally have no interest in this set but it looks okay, and the figures look passable. The womp rat is pretty lazy though.

AAT - What happened to those new bent droid arms from the prelims?! The set looks pretty much the same, which is okay but I wish they had extended the wing turrets out a little, and put a sticker on the front to show the torpedo tubes. Also, I think a Battle Droid Commander would have been better than the regular droid.

TIE Advanced Prototype - Another fantastic set. The figs look amazing, especially the inquisitor, and though I would have preffered another grey officer the printing looks awesome. The ship itself is cool as well, and I dig the folding wings, as well as that cockpit printing.

Battle Droid Troop Carrier - What a surprise! This set looks absolutely awesome, even though the last one only came out in 2011 I think, and doesn't look too different. However, the fact that this thing is probably bigger and holds more droids than this years MTT is just laughable. Looks like 12 regular droids and two pilots. The gungan looks nice but again mostly similar to the previous one. Another missed opportunity for Tarpals on a Kaadu but never mind.

AT-DP - Really awesome walker but why so much yellow! It really ruins the whole look for me. Aside from that however, the build looks very good, and Agent Kallus is outstanding. The new troopers aren't too bad either but why didn't they just use the helmet Ezra had in the Phantom? They look to be the same design so I don't know why they went this route.

Wookiee Gunship - Seen it already, but somehow the box art makes it look very long and narrow. It looks alright but I won't be getting it.

Snowspeeder - I'm not a fan of micro fighters but the pilot for this one does look nice with the grey helmet.

Homing Spider Droid - This one does look super cute, and another Geonosis Droid is always welcome.

Republic Gunship - The design of this is just off, even for Chibi, but who cares when there's a Phase I pilot in a £10 set right?

AT-AT - Again, not really a fan of the design, looks like a tortoise.

Vulture Droid - This actually looks really nice, and would probably scale well with ships like the Republic Frigate from 2011.

Looking forward to see those last three sets! Thanks J2G!

Well my wallet is safe. I may get the t-16, but I'm not sure I like the new tusken raider.

Thanks just2good, for all the pics (and I mean all not just the SW ones), this helps me, to organize my buying-list and my budget, for next, year. Big, big thanks.

Edited by Daimar

Not to toot my own horn but I (and probably many of you) could guess that Sabine would NOT have her helmet in the smaller set. They will make you fork over way more than 20-30 dollars for a mandalorian helmet haha

My new Get List:

Battle Droid Carrier (guesstimating $50)

Anakin's Custom Starfighter ($50)

Shadow, Geonosis and Senate Troopers

50/50 on the AAT (Does anyone know the exact measurements of an Ep. I AAT?)

Wow geonosis what surprise. Commandos yes because I only have 2 the captain and regular. Shadows looks my grey but are OT type so yay!