Bob De Quatre

AG - Introduction and Discussion

Week 5 and Challenge 1 have officially ended. Well Challenge 1 should have ended yesterday, but I wasn't home, and I understand people could have confused the ending dates, plus I'm sure I've said somewhere that I'll make the end of the challenge and the week match...

That was a great week, so much build to admire, comment... and score :look:

Week 5 and Challenge 1 have officially ended. Well Challenge 1 should have ended yesterday, but I wasn't home, and I understand people could have confused the ending dates, plus I'm sure I've said somewhere that I'll make the end of the challenge and the week match...

That was a great week, so much build to admire, comment... and score :look:

Uhm, I have already posted my builds, but just for the sake of the rules. Didn't they they say "as long as there is June 21 anywhere in the world" regarding Challenge 1? In that case, there is still 3 hours and 46 minutes left (UTC-12:00, plus the fact that GMT is UTC+01:00 now that it is daylight savings time (which the UTC-12:00 places don't have)... :wink:

Correct. But if people stopped to wait the last second (I didn't said minute on purpose) to post their entry, we EB staff will have less headaches making rules for contests and checking time for every countries... :look:

Which I completely agree on, but then it's probably easiest to just put a specific time and date in the rules (for example 10:00 GMT, June 22, like the weekly build). :classic:

Which I completely agree on, but then it's probably easiest to just put a specific time and date in the rules (for example 10:00 GMT, June 22, like the weekly build). :classic:

Already tried, it don't work :wink:

Some members take bending the rules as a personnal challenge :laugh: (No I won't give names).

Anyway, "only" 45 builds for week 5 and 49 for Challenge 1 :sweet:

Already tried, it don't work :wink:

Some members take bending the rules as a personnal challenge :laugh: (No I won't give names).

Anyway, "only" 45 builds for week 5 and 49 for Challenge 1 :sweet:

Haha, okay, you're in charge! :laugh:

Wow, 94 builds to judge, that's going to take some time! I'm sure you'll do a great work though, good luck and have fun! :grin:

To all the players that use Brickshelf.com, have you considered using other hosting sites that aren't down half of the time? :look:

...Anyway, "only" 45 builds for week 5 and 49 for Challenge 1 :sweet:

Just commenting on all those (or even just the better ones!) is a massive challenge!

Just commenting on all those (or even just the better ones!) is a massive challenge!

Yeah, tell me about it. I almost feel like making a "You all did awesome work." Post in the discussion page for this week. I loved pretty much all of the builds this week. Especially the water ones. :grin: I live sea critters!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Hey Bob, I don't know if this is possible, and I know that you are really busy, but if it is possible, could you change my thumbnail photo to this one please? I understand if you can't get to it, and obviously there's no rush... Thanks!

18876540416_7c75240f4a_t.jpg

Hey Bob, I don't know if this is possible, and I know that you are really busy, but if it is possible, could you change my thumbnail photo to this one please? I understand if you can't get to it, and obviously there's no rush... Thanks!

18876540416_7c75240f4a_t.jpg

Done

Updated the players index since it wasn't up to date for some times...

Question: why is the "spoil of war" upgrade worth 20 resources per build, when the other equivalent ones are only worth 10?

FWIW, "Alien communication" at the same level in the science branch seems to be very underpowered as the difference of 1 domination point is minimal. Given how the game is playing out with so few alien builds, I'd quite like to see that one get refreshed to make the branches more balanced.

To all the players that use Brickshelf.com, have you considered using other hosting sites that aren't down half of the time? :look:

I use Brickshelf. Would google be a better hosting site to upload to?

If you're talking about google drive, I don't think that would make things easier. Flickr would be the best.

I use Brickshelf. Would google be a better hosting site to upload to?

Most people use Flickr here. I personally use imgur, due to coming here from reddit, and imgur being really easy to use. I haven't tried google's image hosting.

I'm also a supporter of Imgur, you can get an account and upload a whole bunch of images very fast. Then just grab the URLs and embed them into posts, easy peasy.

Hey Bob, just a quick thought; don't you usually post judges' scores from the Andromeda's Gates account? :wink:

:look:

Haha! :laugh: I succeeded in doing that this week, but it took effort! I wanted to see everyone's builds (I always look at and read them all) and then in as many cases as possible also comment about something unique to their build. I was impressed with how many there actually were. Hats off to everyone for posting so much this week, but even more so to the judges. :thumbup:

Just a quick little thing:

I earlier asked if large structures in space would count towards the engineering bonus, to which I was answered that they would.

This week, I posted such a structure. However, I tagged it with Structure rather than Building (because, techinally, it's not a building, it's a space station), and now I didn't get any engineering bonus. Could you please fix this? :classic:

Thank you!

Edited by NuckElBerg

Kawashita has been boxed in by competitors. Now is our time to shine. :devil:

Just a quick little thing:

I earlier asked if large structures in space would count towards the engineering bonus, to which I was answered that they would.

This week, I posted such a structure. However, I tagged it with Structure rather than Building (because, techinally, it's not a building, it's a space station), and now I didn't get any engineering bonus. Could you please fix this? :classic:

Thank you!

It was tagged as "building", and you get your job's bonus...

If you're talking about google drive, I don't think that would make things easier. Flickr would be the best.

Thanks, I think I will do that and see how this works out.

Most people use Flickr here. I personally use imgur, due to coming here from reddit, and imgur being really easy to use. I haven't tried google's image hosting.

I'm also a supporter of Imgur, you can get an account and upload a whole bunch of images very fast. Then just grab the URLs and embed them into posts, easy peasy.

Wow Thanks guys, I've used imgur a few times before but I never really thought about using it here.