just2good

2015 The LEGO Movie rumors and discussion

I know that Benny comes with a set, but don't know which one.

Logically, it has to be the double-decker couch set.

Well, remember, they showed two slopped Unikitties at SDCC.

I'm thinking the DDC set will have one body and two heads like SDCC Uni-Kitty since she won't show up in Bad Cop Chase.

The couch was £11.99

Batman and Super Angry Kitty was £19.99

And Bad Cop chase was £24.99

Ecch. Really? All little sets? That kinda sucks.

I'm sure they'll be awesome, as everything from the movie line has been so far...but I was kinda hoping for a larger set. I'm not a huge fan of builds that are finished as soon as you take them out of the box.

Hopefully this is just the first wave, with even more on the way in 2015? :D

The last wave was all larger sets.

And it was glorious, no? There were several hours of building in those three sets!

I realize that they can't all be larger sets, but I figured there'd be at least one in the next wave?

At least this way people who didn't want to go in for some of the larger sets can get key characters though, so it's nice all around. Everyone needs Benny in thier life. :D

And it was glorious, no? There were several hours of building in those three sets!

no it wasn't!!! People with big lego budgets were in paradise while the people with small budgets were left out in the cold! With a clone brand hobby, occasional book buy(mostly used lately), and a video game hobby on top of the lego hobby and the rare blind bag buy if i find something i really like; i don't have much money to spare at the moment.

As much as i want that construction mech thing or the bennys SSS, i don't have the money for it!

Plus i fail to see the logic with having big sets released this month but not just putting the smaller sets in the same wave.

no it wasn't!!! People with big lego budgets were in paradise while the people with small budgets were left out in the cold! With a clone brand hobby, occasional book buy(mostly used lately), and a video game hobby on top of the lego hobby and the rare blind bag buy if i find something i really like; i don't have much money to spare at the moment.

As much as i want that construction mech thing or the bennys SSS, i don't have the money for it!

Plus i fail to see the logic with having big sets released this month but not just putting the smaller sets in the same wave.

That's kind of a silly line of reasoning, no?

Because you want to buy other things, LEGO shouldn't release bigger sets that you'll want? That's pretty much what ou just said.

I dunno. It's up to everyone to get the sets or not. That's fully a personal choice.

I don't see the logic behind 'they shouldn't release stuff because I might want it though'. These are mass market sets with a pretty long shelf life. If one comes out that you want, but you don't have the money at the moment, you can still acquire it.

I think the entire Lego Movie line set me back less than 1500$ CAD, including limited releases that I missed out on and had to buy on the secondary market. That's not such a huge sum, that I think even the most casual buyer could justify inside of the two year release window, no?

I dunno. I didn't realize I was being obnoxious by lamenting the lack of a larger build in this next wave. It's just more fun when there's meat to the build. :D

I don't much care for a series consisting solely of small sets. Lego's usual mix of bigger and smaller sets makes more sense. Please gimme a copper chopper already! : )

Edited by Colossus

I don't much care for a series consisting solely of small sets. Lego's usual mix of bigger and smaller sets makes more sense. Please gimme a copper chopper already! : )

Right? The Copper Chopper and Wilstyle's barnyard cart are really the two builds I still want to see.

It seems like we might get the latter in this next wave (although, the pricepoint suggests perhaps not).

Those two builds, and the two (as yet) unreleased citizen vehicles would pretty much make my life. I can live with or without any Bat-related builds, as we get tonnes of great Batman stuff all the time. :D

Although I don't agree with your reasoning because you have other hobbies, you definitely hit the nail on the head with the expensive part. :(

That's kind of a silly line of reasoning, no?

Because you want to buy other things, LEGO shouldn't release bigger sets that you'll want? That's pretty much what ou just said.

I dunno. It's up to everyone to get the sets or not. That's fully a personal choice.

I don't see the logic behind 'they shouldn't release stuff because I might want it though'. These are mass market sets with a pretty long shelf life. If one comes out that you want, but you don't have the money at the moment, you can still acquire it.

I think the entire Lego Movie line set me back less than 1500$ CAD, including limited releases that I missed out on and had to buy on the secondary market. That's not such a huge sum, that I think even the most casual buyer could justify inside of the two year release window, no?

I dunno. I didn't realize I was being obnoxious by lamenting the lack of a larger build in this next wave. It's just more fun when there's meat to the build. :D

$1500 CAD??!! How do you justify that much? I max out at about $800 a year, but then again, you may have a job, in which case, yeah, that seems pretty reasonable.

i didn't mean that they should never release big sets but they could of thrown in a few smaller set into the mix to be able to satisfy a wider variety of budget ranges. I have no problems with larger sets if lego also tries to be fair(or at least fair-ish) to the little guys also. .

I should of worded it differently but the problem is that for some reason, the message decided somehow submit w/o my approval yet didn't show up so i thought it'd got deleted and i exited the page after that happened since i didn't like the way the message was heading. Up until i just came back on this thread to read new replies, i didn't know my post had submitted. Problem is that EB message posting is NOT agreeing with my I.E. at the moment so it's a wrestling max to get posts written out and submitted. I'm currently having to rely on typing out messages on the address bar and copying and pasting that to the message reply box.

I was also supposed to add to the " With a clone brand hobby, occasional book buy(mostly used lately), and a video game hobby on top of the lego hobby and the rare blind bag buy if i find something i really like; i don't have much money to spare at the moment" part if the thing wouldn't of gone wonky on me. i was going to add that even though it sounds like a lot, there's not much in each category I want.

The clone wants are only a maybe on a couple small sets, books that i want at new price is one small order of Uncle john bathroom reader books, video game hobby is one want and one waiting on reviews after it'll come out and might want. The blind bag buys are very rare since It's mostly trading card and sticker packs lately. And the lego is the series 5 friends if they ever get here, lego friends 6 whenever lego gets them to the states, one lego order that i'm planning on trading items to get the price down, debating on saving up to splurge on a lego set i really want, and i REALLY want to save up for next years wave TLM stuff that'll defiantly be budget friendly.

However though, i do have to skip on some buying to at least be able to create a small xmas wish list though and be able to buy a few gifts for my mom, uncle, and aunt.

Problem is that EB message posting is NOT agreeing with my I.E. at the moment

The real problem is IE and it has always been that way, especially since IE 6. You might find your experiences to be a lot better if you switch to a better browser.

Edited by m0dulo

Its just that Lego did things a bit oddly with wave 2 all big and wave 3 all small, I think they have a good number of small and larger sets overall but could have mixed wave 2 and 3 better

I still don't understand Lego's tendency to release new sets in January??? They miss out on the whole Christmas holiday shopping season.

^ its a good point over here we see some end of December but it is odd, Hobbit was a bit late last year for Christmas

I still don't understand Lego's tendency to release new sets in January??? They miss out on the whole Christmas holiday shopping season.

Most of the January sets are "release-on-receipt," meaning they actually hit the shelves a week or two before Christmas. Even for the ones that don't, it makes perfect sense to have stuff released just after the holidays, so that sales pick up a little bit in the slow months of January and February - it takes a little bit of the edge off the typical feast-or-famine retail cycle. Also keep in mind that not every kid is religiously watching out for brand-new sets; most of them are populating their wish lists with things they saw earlier in the year, and if a whole slew of new products came out at peak shopping season, they would crowd all those items off the shelves.

Who knows. This year's been nothing but a huge waiting game! One of the very few things i really love are the lego friends animals. I had to wait from september last year clear until late march of this year just for wave 4 to come out and now it's late august and i'm waiting for series 5.

Seems like making sure that there'd be a stoong holiday season would be critical but instead the smaller TLM sets are being held off until next year, the creator and juniors has some really cool sounding sets but that won't be til next year, and who knows what else is being held back.

Again, they are making sure they have a strong holiday season - by making sure the stuff that's been out all year, the stuff that's already on the kids' wish lists, isn't getting crowded out by a bunch of new product at the last minute.

Most of the January sets are "release-on-receipt," meaning they actually hit the shelves a week or two before Christmas. Even for the ones that don't, it makes perfect sense to have stuff released just after the holidays, so that sales pick up a little bit in the slow months of January and February - it takes a little bit of the edge off the typical feast-or-famine retail cycle. Also keep in mind that not every kid is religiously watching out for brand-new sets; most of them are populating their wish lists with things they saw earlier in the year, and if a whole slew of new products came out at peak shopping season, they would crowd all those items off the shelves.

Great point! I never thought about it like that! Thanks for the thoughtful reply!

Again, they are making sure they have a strong holiday season - by making sure the stuff that's been out all year, the stuff that's already on the kids' wish lists, isn't getting crowded out by a bunch of new product at the last minute.

Pretty much. LEGO is unique in that it offers parents affordable options for random gifts, and more elaborate sets for occasions like Christmas and birthdays, yet all of it contributes to a larger whole.

I'm quite sure that there are kids with a couple of movie sets that are still jonesing for Spaceship (or whatever) come Christmas.

The new sets will start the cycle anew in the coming year. :D

Say does anyone remember that Build a Vehicle contest they had for The Lego Movie. Did whoever won have there Vehicle in the movie or was that cancelled altogether?

Say does anyone remember that Build a Vehicle contest they had for The Lego Movie. Did whoever won have there Vehicle in the movie or was that cancelled altogether?

I'm pretty sure you mean that challenge where Lego Fans were asked to build something into something else, and film a character/minifigure making it happen?

If you recall after Wyldstyle encourages the people of Bricksburg to be creative, it shows Lord Business watching the top four winners of that competition. It's a bit hard to tell as the Movie itself is animated far too similar to stop motion.

No, I think he means the contest that was started a long time ago (maybe 2 years ago?) that had a video of Phil and Chris starting off the contest. I was wondering about that too.