Bob De Quatre

AG - Rules and FAQ

Well, first of all, your job doesn't stop you building whatever you want. It only means you get an extra 3 credits (which isn't very much!) if you build the right thing. So you can be a pilot and build a land mech that can't fly and all it means is you won't get your bonus 3 credits that week.

I'd say that Galaxy Squad mech would count as a land vehicle. But if you showed the cockpit detaching and flying as part of your post then you could probably claim it's a spaceship too.

Well, first of all, your job doesn't stop you building whatever you want. It only means you get an extra 3 credits (which isn't very much!) if you build the right thing. So you can be a pilot and build a land mech that can't fly and all it means is you won't get your bonus 3 credits that week.

I'd say that Galaxy Squad mech would count as a land vehicle. But if you showed the cockpit detaching and flying as part of your post then you could probably claim it's a spaceship too.

Yeah I figured out as much when I was asking the question, but thought I would leave it as a question.

I realize the job title, doesnt prevent me from building, but i was thinking it is a rather large part of the characters background and it wouldnt make a sense for a pilot, to only make land vehicles.

When adding the prefix tag before a build, should it be like [O-H04] or [O - H04]? It probably doesn't really matter, just curious. :classic:

yes! The week ends Sunday (well, technically Monday at like 4 am est for us Americaners.)

I see everything.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Sorry to double post, but I have a few rulesy questions.

Question 1: would a Hardsuit count as a vehicle?

Question 2: hypothetically, if I built a giant bug-like vehicle with legs for land walking and wings for flight (like real bugs) would this only count as one type of vehicle? I am not planning to build one of these (for a while at least) but this is more related to my Panda mech. If something is designed for two purposes, how can one show these two purposes so that they are both counted? Or will a vehicle only be counted as having 2 purposes if it changes in some way to achieve them?

Keep in mind I'm not trying to game the system or anything, I just want to know for future builds.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Sorry to double post, but I have a few rulesy questions.

Question 1: would a Hardsuit count as a vehicle?

Question 2: hypothetically, if I built a giant bug-like vehicle with legs for land walking and wings for flight (like real bugs) would this only count as one type of vehicle? I am not planning to build one of these (for a while at least) but this is more related to my Panda mech. If something is designed for two purposes, how can one show these two purposes so that they are both counted? Or will a vehicle only be counted as having 2 purposes if it changes in some way to achieve them?

Keep in mind I'm not trying to game the system or anything, I just want to know for future builds.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Any response? To provide another example, how would a submarine that can crawl around on the floor with arms be judged if in addition to crawling, it could drop it's weights and then swim as a normal submarine would?

Edit: lol, this is now a triple post. :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

I would say that you pic the one most appropriate (but I don't make the rules).

Like a spaceship with legs you choose a spaceship while a walker mech that can jump/fly would be best as a ground viechle.

If it can split in two you should be able to get to use two tags (but this is just my oppinion)

Sorry for not answering sooner :blush:

Hardsuits can be considered mechs, so ground vehicle.

To get both tags for one vehicle, it should be designed to be able to fly/swim and walk/drive, and have purpose for both. Putting a pair of legs on a starship and claim to be able to walk is nonsense. Why would you make a starship walk when it can fly?

Hardsuits can be considered mechs, so ground vehicle.

To get both tags for one vehicle, it should be designed to be able to fly/swim and walk/drive, and have purpose for both. Putting a pair of legs on a starship and claim to be able to walk is nonsense. Why would you make a starship walk when it can fly?

Good to know the ruling on hardsuits! :wink:

Ok, cool! Exactly what I was hoping you'd say. To avoid mistagging like I did with the Panda suit, I'll make both functions distinct and clearly observed, as well as make sure they are sensible. :wink:

Yeah, I was thinking maybe I could have a species of Aliens that designs ships that look and behave like giant insects... I wonder where I got that idea?...

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Is there some good description where spying could be done?

E.g.

1) on Mantis planet that is next to Kawashita against Kawashita?

2) on uncontrolled planet

3) on Mantis planet that have Octan domination points (but far away from Octan control zone)

4) on Mantis planet with Kawashita fleet

Unless you have special equipment such as the spying outfit, the rules for where you can place a spying build are the same as for all builds: i.e. you can put it on any planet your faction controls or on any planet adjacent to a planet your faction controls. But you can't build on a planet if an enemy fleet is there unless your fleet is also there.

Hope that all makes sense - feel free to ask any more questions you have :classic:

Just to confirm if I were to build a freebuild I would only allow to do it on planets Kawashita owns? A-06 for example.

Freebuilds are completely free. You can picture anything, but if you want to tell more backstory of your character, then it is better to have something tied closely to the game, and hence the available planets for your corporation.

Freebuilds are completely free. You can picture anything, but if you want to tell more backstory of your character, then it is better to have something tied closely to the game, and hence the available planets for your corporation.

I see, thanks for the answer Bob.

But freebuilds don't give points or resources.

The ones we call weekly builds are prefered as they help the company.

I've been thinking of joining in with this for a while now however I've not built anything space since M-Tron, Any sets worth picking up with good building techniques and useful parts etc.

I've been thinking of joining in with this for a while now however I've not built anything space since M-Tron, Any sets worth picking up with good building techniques and useful parts etc.

I picked up a Hurricane Heist from the ultra agents. It comes with great parts for building MANTIS stuff. I got two on sale for $35 each US price. In general I think Ultra agents come with a lot of great parts for AG. The heroes and villains make good sig figs and the sets have some great parts. If you can still find Galaxy squad they had good parts too.

Any Idea which faction you want to join yet? MANTIS is a fun one to join :wink: . Kawashita probably needs the most help though.

Edited by SpacerSteve

Yes, join Kawashita. M-tron is fine :classic: our colors are dark red (or red) and dark gray. And you could always build alien landscapes with whatever bricks you have. A big bart of the game is to get inspiered and learning to be beter. And no one ever have enough bricks :laugh:

I guess star wars and maybe ninjago have good parts but I don't buy mush sets.

Welcome to Andromeda!

Yes, join Kawashita. M-tron is fine :classic: our colors are dark red (or red) and dark gray. And you could always build alien landscapes with whatever bricks you have. A big bart of the game is to get inspiered and learning to be beter. And no one ever have enough bricks :laugh:

I guess star wars and maybe ninjago have good parts but I don't buy mush sets.

Welcome to Andromeda!

I remember a build a while back where somebody mention Kawashita purchasing the M-Tronics corporation. I can't remember where I read that though.

Thanks guys I'm currently leaning towards Kawashita,

Cool. It is never too late to join MANTIS even after you join Kawashita. :laugh: Look forward to seeing your builds.

Same except I'm a rookie who has only been experimenting with LEGO for about half a year, has almost no Sci-Fi sets/bricks at all and has only really been lurking around these parts (mainly out of fear for only being capable of making 'minifig on a plate' builds).

I'd like to expand my learning and building which is currently focused on Fantasy into Sci-Fi territory though, definitely joining Kawashita as long as they'll have me, I love oriental themed anything and (LEGO) Dark Red is my favorite color so it's an easy choice.

Edited by Isundir

You are welcome to join Andromeda and Kawashita! Looking forward to your official introduction (all you need is a minifig :classic: ). If you have any other questions fell free to ask them here or PM me.

Same except I'm a rookie who has only been experimenting with LEGO for about half a year, has almost no Sci-Fi sets/bricks at all and has only really been lurking around these parts (mainly out of fear for only being capable of making 'minifig on a plate' builds).

I'd like to expand my learning and building which is currently focused on Fantasy into Sci-Fi territory though, definitely joining Kawashita as long as they'll have me, I love oriental themed anything and (LEGO) Dark Red is my favorite color so it's an easy choice.

Part of the challenge of LEGO is building with what you have. I understand that some have more than others, but don't let this hold you back from joining and having fun.

All bricks are useful, and you will be surprised at which bricks you'll want during your building process. However, it is smart to cater your builds to your collection.

If you happen to not have a lot of bricks suited to building vehicles, you can concentrate your builds on terrain. Afterall, science fiction is not just about spaceships and robots. There are opportunities to build alien landscapes.

Here's an example from me:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=109928

And there are opportunities to do more traditional Town style builds. We have three colonized (and therefore civilized) home planets in AG, one for each corporation. And there's no reason story-wise why your character cannot start building a town on another planet. Here's one from Kai NRG where his character is on vacation visiting an awesome surf shop:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117219

Regardless of which corporation you choose, you may always build in another corporation's color. Here's a great example by Octan's Bob, where he builds a beautiful Kawashita starfighter:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117770

Also, you can always create an outside faction, like goatman's Merchant Confederacy that uses non-corporate colors, like his gorgeous Libertine:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=112536

Your imagination is limitless. Too many pink bricks in your collection? Well, build a pink starfighter!

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=116997

The point I'm trying to make is: just have fun.