Flipz

Heroica RPG - Quest #104: Ace Assassin: Dual Dragoons

I get on board the airship, and then (searches the airship) before I take a seat.

Ooc: I might as well push my luck. Also I might not be online for about a week.

QM Note: Sorry to hear that, you'll be missing a lot. Unless you'd like to specify otherwise, Actaeon will control your actions in battle.

Germ quickly searches the ship, but finds nothing out of the ordinary. The ship's engineer notices his examination and speaks up.

14233842857_8f688e3248_o.jpg

"Hey, trust me, the Bostonius is completely safe.."

"We're ready to go. However, I would like to know what the 'Stealth Shadow' is."

11213514676_06120fd5ac_o.jpg

"It would be more expedient to simply show you."

The party boards the Bostonius, Dr. Ralph waving good-bye to them as they depart. A sleek black automaton approaches the party as the last member climbs aboard.

14233695618_2d5dd2a216_o.jpg

"HALT. WHAT IS YOUR PUR-POSE A-BOARD THE CRE-A-TOR'S VES-SEL?"

"These are our passengers. We are delivering them to Dastan."

"AF-FIRM-MA-TIVE. DES-IG-NA-TION AS-SIGNED. WEL-COME, PASS-EN-GERS OF THE CRE-A-TOR."

"Heroes, meet the Stealth Shadow, my personal bodyguard. It is a G.E.M. Automaton, designed after the success of Mr. Legonardo's original models. He will assist you with anything you need while we are in the air."

"AF-FIRM-MA-TIVE."

heroicanpc-dragonlord.jpg

"Forgive me, but time is of the essence, so if we could..."

"Of course, Mr. Dragonlord. Captain Fragle, prepare to embark."

14233642409_377d17e462_o.jpg

"Yesss, Missss Tesssla. Missster Hofferman, open the ccceiling hatch!"

14233842857_8f688e3248_o.jpg

"Aye, Captain!" The dwarf presses a button on a remote, and to the party's surprise the entire roof folds back, allowing the Bostonius space to depart.

"Excellent. It appears the unwired transmission device was successful." Nicole jots down more notes in her notebook.

"PASS-EN-GERS, PRE-PARE FOR LIFT-OFF."

Below, Dr. Ralph changes the disc on the Vibrataphone to a

as the airship slowly lifts into the air. As soon as the ship clears the city skyline, however, its ascent grows far more rapid, and before the party's eyes the city of Eubric shrinks from a sprawling metropolis to a bunch of tiny buildings, to a small u-shaped mass, and finally to a miniscule dot barely distinguishable from the tiny island it was sitting on.

heroica-mapeubric.jpg

14192459138_595cd9448c_z.jpg

heroica-map.jpg

heroica-map2.jpg

14233642409_377d17e462_o.jpg

"Missss Tesssla, we have reached our cruisssing altitude."

"Thank you, Captain. We have a journey of two or three days ahead of us, so please, relax and enjoy yourselves.

Dragonlord pulls the party aside.

"I was afraid of this. Heroes, we've gained at best three or four days, but that won't be enough to stop the Dragoons before they reach the Dragons. Our job, as of this point, is damage control. That means meeting with the three Emperors, calming locals' fears, and generally helping the Dastanians to defend their homes. We have to stop the Dragoons, but at this point...I hate to say it, but realistically speaking, I don't see how we're going to be bringing them back alive. I mean, it's possible--"

14365514179_b1e4defe67_o.png

"It's not." Surprisingly, Diana's voice, while harsh, lacked its usual venom.

"I'm sorry?"

"Look. I know it's hard for you heroic types to understand, but sometimes you can't save everybody.

"

Dragonlord frowns.

"I'm...not sure I agree with that."

"Search your--our, I keep forgetting I'm one of you now--search our Quest records, you know it to be true. Failed Quests, dishonest employers, betrayals-by both allies AND Heroes--Hel, half the organization is filled with monsters, murderers, and psychopaths, and you just let them stay! If you want to do anything good with that mess, you're going to have to give up the so-called moral high ground."

"Not necessarily. Look at our previous trip to Dastan--"

"Look at our recent trip to Baltarok. You said it yourself, Dragonlord, the Dastanian people are more important...even if we have to kill the two people we were sent to protect in order to save them. Even Count Shadeaux recognizes that."

"..."

Left with no response, the Dragonlord heads aft to speak with Nicole. Diana shakes her head.

"Stubborn old fool. I thought he'd see reason. But he just can't accept the truth of what's coming...to Eubric, and to Heroica."

Frustrated, Diana moves to the front of the ship to think.

14553940255_73c6ddf502_o.jpg

What will the party do?

Edited by Flipz

Siercon takes in the precious moments of ascent and burns the birds eye view into his memory. He wondered when he might ever get the chance to have such a perfect perspective of Heroica.

After breaking through the clouds he meanders over towards Stealth Shadow, and asks

Do you happen to have any personal safety gear I can use? perhaps a glider or mini balloon incase of emergencies?

OOC How awesome would a mini glider be :P ...

Following this, Siercon listened intently to Dragonlord and Diana debating over the doom and gloom or lack there of, of Heroica. He watched as the various people, including the band of heroes, gave various facial expressions implying agreement towards one side or the other. After Dragonlord and Diana parted, Siercon chimed in.

"I going to do my utmost to bring them BOTH home alive. Everyone seems to think it's impossible, but at this point, it would be the right thing to do. Heck, anyone with me in trying to floor everyone involved? I know if we succeed, we would exceed everyones expectations. That includes Count Shadeaux, as glum and unimpressed as he currently seems to be. Don't give up the moral high ground until you have to. I'm not about to give up before we begin."

Wuarion wakes up on the airship, having been carried on by Warlen.

"Wha? Oh, we're in the air." Noticing Yuji, he nods. "Yuji!"

Warlen spins round sees him, and pats him on the back.

"Yuji! Didn't even notice you, had to carry this lump on board"

"Oi!"

"Well, you are a skull..."

Ooc: sorry I haven't been here, I didn't see the "next page" button and assumed nobody had been responding.

Sorry, it's my stupidity.

Actaeon listens carefully to Diana's conversation with Dragonlord as he admires the splendid view. He wasn't sure where he stood on the issue. Kill a few to save many? Or risk the lives of many to save a few? After a moment, he finally came to a conclusion. I will do what I need to save the citizens of Dastan and guarantee the success of my-er, our quest.

Walking up to Diana after Siecron he says, "I will do absolutely everything I can to bring them both back. However, if it comes to the point where we must choose between their lives and the lives of others, I believe that I will have the strength to make the right choice. Especially if there are others to help make the decision." He finishes the sentence looking at Diana. He holds eye contact, waiting for her reply.

OoC: You used my map! :D

Edited by Actaeon

QM Note: Don't worry about it, we've all done that at first. :wink: Protip: if there's a blue LEGO piece next to the topic, that means there's new posts since the last time you've opened the topic; if you click on said blue brick, it will take you to the first post in the topic that you haven't read. :wink:

I should probably mention, if you'd like to ask questions or chat with each other or any of the NPCs, now is probably the best time. I'll move things forward when the discussion dies down. :wink:

Actaeon listens carefully to Diana's conversation with Dragonlord as he admires the splendid view. He wasn't sure where he stood on the issue. Kill a few to save many? Or risk the lives of many to save a few? After a moment, he finally came to a conclusion. I will do what I need to save the citizens of Dastan and guarantee the success of my-er, our quest.

Walking up to Diana after Siecron he says, "I will do absolutely everything I can to bring them both back. However, if it comes to the point where we must choose between their lives and the lives of others, I believe that I will have the strength to make the right choice. Especially if there are others to help make the decision." He finishes the sentence looking at Diana. He holds eye contact, waiting for her reply.

OoC: You used my map! :D

"That's reassuring to hear. No, I mean it. It's just..." Diana sighs. "There's not a lot of people who get it, you know? People like the Dragonlord, that mage, my mother, they all live in this fantasy, think if everyone just stands around being lovey-dovey and holding hands or something the world's going to become a better place. And it's not. It's ugly. I've seen it." Diana looks away. "You ever been to the Hovels, Actaeon?"

Siercon takes in the precious moments of ascent and burns the birds eye view into his memory. He wondered when he might ever get the chance to have such a perfect perspective of Heroica.

After breaking through the clouds he meanders over towards Stealth Shadow, and asks

Do you happen to have any personal safety gear I can use? perhaps a glider or mini balloon incase of emergencies?

OOC How awesome would a mini glider be :P ...

"I AM A-FRAID WE DO NOT. BE AS-SURED, IF A SER-I-OUS MAL-FUNC-TION OC-CURRED, WE WOULD ALL BE IN-CIN-ER-A-TED BE-FORE WE HAD A CHANCE TO FALL TO OUR DE-STRUC-TION."

The automaton considers Siercon's strange appearance before posing a question.

"FOR-GIVE ME, BUT I AM CUR-I-OUS: WERE YOU ALSO BUILT BY THE CRE-A-TOR, OR ARE YOU THE CRE-A-TION OF SOME-ONE ELSE?"

"That's reassuring to hear. No, I mean it. It's just..." Diana sighs. "There's not a lot of people who get it, you know? People like the Dragonlord, that mage, my mother, they all live in this fantasy, think if everyone just stands around being lovey-dovey and holding hands or something the world's going to become a better place. And it's not. It's ugly. I've seen it." Diana looks away. "You ever been to the Hovels, Actaeon?"

"I understand. My father is one of those people. He wants to make the world better. He wants to do it by being kind to people, giving to the poor, and by believing in each other. The thing is, despite the fact that sometimes it takes more than that, I wouldn't be here without him. He believed in me, and he showed me that I had what it takes to be someone." Actaeon sighs. He's never been too great with words, "My point is, that despite Dragonlord, your mother, and my father not understanding, we need them. Without them, we would be making the tough decisions for no reason. We make the decisions for them. We make sacrifices for the people that can't."

Actaeon shook his head. He felt that he hadn't been able to say what he meant. Words were a tricky thing. Remembering the her question, he replies, "No, I have not been there. What's it like?"

Actaeon shook his head. He felt that he hadn't been able to say what he meant. Words were a tricky thing. Remembering the her question, he replies, "No, I have not been there. What's it like?"

"The Hovels are the worst scum-pit on the face of the planet, next to maybe the Babaleth Darklands or the continent of Xu. It's this tiny chunk of the city--but at least a fifth of the city's population are stuffed in there. Dad says it's more, says the Houses are lying about the numbers to make themselves look better. It's where everyone who comes to Eubric to catch a break but doesn't make it ends up. Everyone there lives in filth and poverty, and theft and murder are the normal standard of living. Certain people--Dad included--do their best to try to help them, but even when we sacrifice everything we have it's never enough. Meanwhile, the Houses sit on their fleets and warehouses and workshops full of profits and what do they do in response to this problem? They throw up their hands, throw up a wall--a literal wall, Actaeon!--and do their best to ignore it. It just makes me so...mad! And what do we Heroes do? We help them. At least there's a few Heroes sympathetic to the cause, but it's not a lot."

Diana looks angrily towards the Dragonlord, then back to Actaeon.

"You'd think seeing what the Shadeaux's doing to his homeland would force him to open his eyes, but he's too damn stubborn. He's the Houses' man, through and through. When the time comes, and Heroica has to make a choice, he's going to make the wrong one. And everyone is going to suffer because of it."

"The Hovels are the worst scum-pit on the face of the planet, next to maybe the Babaleth Darklands or the continent of Xu. It's this tiny chunk of the city--but at least a fifth of the city's population are stuffed in there. Dad says it's more, says the Houses are lying about the numbers to make themselves look better. It's where everyone who comes to Eubric to catch a break but doesn't make it ends up. Everyone there lives in filth and poverty, and theft and murder are the normal standard of living. Certain people--Dad included--do their best to try to help them, but even when we sacrifice everything we have it's never enough. Meanwhile, the Houses sit on their fleets and warehouses and workshops full of profits and what do they do in response to this problem? They throw up their hands, throw up a wall--a literal wall, Actaeon!--and do their best to ignore it. It just makes me so...mad! And what do we Heroes do? We help them. At least there's a few Heroes sympathetic to the cause, but it's not a lot."

Diana looks angrily towards the Dragonlord, then back to Actaeon.

"You'd think seeing what the Shadeaux's doing to his homeland would force him to open his eyes, but he's too damn stubborn. He's the Houses' man, through and through. When the time comes, and Heroica has to make a choice, he's going to make the wrong one. And everyone is going to suffer because of it."

Actaeon takes in what Diana says. He waits for a moment before speaking. "Sometimes," he says, slowly, "people are cowards. Sometimes they choose too look the opposite way instead of helping because that's the easiest thing to do. If Dragonlord's head was turned back to The Hovels, maybe he would make the right choice when the time comes. Maybe not."

He pauses.

"We help the houses because if we didn't, the whole of Dastan could be destroyed. We can't leave these people to die. Maybe sometime there will be a time when we can go and help those that have been forced to live in The Hovels. Until then, we have to do our best to help the people that we can."

Again, Actaeon felt that his words were all wrong. He'd grown up in a poor town, and he'd seen some horrible things. Things he'd wished that someone could have stopped, someone like a hero from Heroica. He could relate to Diana in that way, but yet he had never been to The Hovels. He could only imagine how bad it was. It did make him angry that people didn't change things, but he also realized that sometimes situations require patience and tact.

It makes so much sense in my head, why can't I form them into words? he thinks, frustrated.

The automaton considers Siercon's strange appearance before posing a question.

"FOR-GIVE ME, BUT I AM CUR-I-OUS: WERE YOU ALSO BUILT BY THE CRE-A-TOR, OR ARE YOU THE CRE-A-TION OF SOME-ONE ELSE?"

Siercon smiled. "You remind me of a close friend I once had. But to answer your question, I was not built by the same creator as you, and am still merely a shadow. Here, one might consider me a shade or a wraith, who has kept his mind." The last sentence he said so only the automaton could hear.

Siercon stood at the railing peering out into the sky. He could hear bits of the conversation between Actaeon and Diana. He waited for a dip in the conversation and slipped in a simple clarifier.

"I dont disagree with you guys much at all, I just want to give them a chance. I just need to see this presumed damage for myself, and what they have to say about it. It may all very well be as you expect. I just... want to believe the best." He finished off with a ponderous sigh and settled near the Automaton.

"I guess we'll see soon enough..."

QM Note: Sorry to hear that, you'll be missing a lot. Unless you'd like to specify otherwise, Actaeon will control your actions in battle.

OoC: That should be fine. I just probably be working, and not sure if I will be getting online.

And, could some one answer my question about the wrench being retrievable?

Edited by samuraiturtle

OoC: That should be fine. I just probably be working, and sure if I will be getting online.

And, could some one answer my question about the wrench being retrievable?

QM Note: The wrench is indeed retrievable; all throwing weapons are retrievable by default unless specifically stated otherwise. :wink:

Edited by Flipz

"I AM A-FRAID WE DO NOT. BE AS-SURED, IF A SER-I-OUS MAL-FUNC-TION OC-CURRED, WE WOULD ALL BE IN-CIN-ER-A-TED BE-FORE WE HAD A CHANCE TO FALL TO OUR DE-STRUC-TION."

That reassuring. :sarcasm:

As for the "dragoons". I'm not worrying about thing they might or might not of done yet. Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to try to take a nap before we get their.

OoC: Thank for answering my question. All places I read over the site had throwing weapons with retrievable in the description.

Kiray quickly peeked over the side before going towards the center of the ship. Kiray heard bits and pieces of the debate going on, but not enough to make an opinion either way. Instead she quietly hummed a tune her mother had taught her when she was very little.

Warlen watched as Quarion showed off by floating next to the ship.

"Aaaah, how refreshing."

"Shut it."

"'Tis a pity you can't do this, eh Warlen?"

Warlen walked over to the automaton.

"So, how much did this ship cost to build?"

The Stealth Shadow considers Siercon's reply.

"I IN-FER THAT THE STATE-MENT YOU SPOKE WITH LOW VOL-UME IS CON-FI-DEN-TIAL. YOUR SE-CRET IS SAFE WITH ME."

Kiray quickly peeked over the side before going towards the center of the ship. Kiray heard bits and pieces of the debate going on, but not enough to make an opinion either way. Instead she quietly hummed a tune her mother had taught her when she was very little.

Kiray sees nothing but ocean below, but does notice the Stealth Shadow approach her.

"I OB-SERVE THAT YOU ARE PRO-DUC-ING MEL-O-DI-OUS SOUND. DID YOUR CRE-A-TOR IN-STALL A VI-BRA-TA-PHONE WITH-IN YOUR CAR-A-PACE? ARE YOU A MORE AD-VANCED MOD-EL THAN I AM?"

Warlen watched as Quarion showed off by floating next to the ship.

"Aaaah, how refreshing."

"Shut it."

"'Tis a pity you can't do this, eh Warlen?"

Warlen walked over to the automaton.

"So, how much did this ship cost to build?"

"I AM SOR-RY, BUT THE EX-ACT FIG-URES ARE CON-FI-DEN-TIAL."

Nicole overhears this exchange, and comes over to speak with Warlen. Dragonlord moves even further back to speak with the captain.

"Even if the figures were not a company secret, it would be difficult to estimate the costs involved. Do you count the gold spent on research into new technology? What about the costs Mr. Legonardo in building his own airship, or the value of his advice to me in building my own? I recently met a Hero with a most fascinating handcannon, and I have incorporated some of what I learned into this ship's meager armaments while I was upgrading his weapon. How does one value that sort of exchange?"

Stealth Shadow notices Quarion, and turns his questioning to Warlen.

"IS YOUR SKULL DE-VICE AU-TO-MA-TED, OR DO YOU OP-ER-ATE HIM RE-MOTE-LY? HOW DID YOU FIT THE FUEL, JET EN-GINE, AND OTH-ER COM-PO-NENTS IN-TO SUCH A SMALL SPACE? SUCH TECH-NO-LO-GY WOULD PRO-VIDE A SIG-NIF-I-CANT TAC-TI-CAL AD-VAN-TAGE IN PRO-TECT-ING THE CRE-A-TOR."

Edited by Flipz

Kiray was startled by the question of the Stealth Shadow. "Er, um... NO I DO NOT HAVE A VI-BRA-TA-PHONE. UN-SURE IF I AM A MORE AD-VANCED -MODEL."

Warlen grinned devilishly.

"Sorry, that information is... confidential."

Quarion floated over.

"Hey W, what's going on?"

"This automaton wanted us to reveal the... secret... of your flight powers."

"Oh, that secret..." said Quarion.

"What secret?" he whispered to Warlen.

"Are we not telling people our story anymore."

Warlen raised an eyebrow.

OoC: I am going to pretend I said this earlier, that or I am dreaming it since my character is taking a nap.

"Search your--our, I keep forgetting I'm one of you now--search our Quest records, you know it to be true. Failed Quests, dishonest employers, betrayals-by both allies AND Heroes--Hel, half the organization is filled with monsters, murderers, and psychopaths, and you just let them stay! If you want to do anything good with that mess, you're going to have to give up the so-called moral high ground."

As one of the creeps you mention, my guess as why they keep us around is because, they want to occupy our time and keep and eye on us. Plus, who knows what terror we could unleash on the planet if left to do what ever we want.

And, I got wonder who hurt you so bad you got act like everyone else is going to do the same thing. My guess is a former lover.

OoC: I am going to pretend I said this earlier, that or I am dreaming it since my character is taking a nap.

OOC. I imagine there is quite a difference between dreaming it and actually saying it out loud ;P guess we'll see which on flipz picks :D

Warlen grinned devilishly.

"Sorry, that information is... confidential."

Quarion floated over.

"Hey W, what's going on?"

"This automaton wanted us to reveal the... secret... of your flight powers."

"Oh, that secret..." said Quarion.

"What secret?" he whispered to Warlen.

"Are we not telling people our story anymore."

Warlen raised an eyebrow.

"UN-DER-STOOD."

Kiray was startled by the question of the Stealth Shadow. "Er, um... NO I DO NOT HAVE A VI-BRA-TA-PHONE. UN-SURE IF I AM A MORE AD-VANCED -MODEL."

Stealth Shadow regards Kiray curiously.

"MY AN-AL-Y-SIS SOFT-WARE CON-CLUDES THAT THERE IS A 87.151% CHANCE YOU ARE MORE AD-VANCED THAN I AM, BE-CAUSE YOU CAN RE-PRO-DUCE ME-LO-DI-OUS SOUND AND BEAR A PHYS-I-CAL LIKE-NESS TO THE CRE-A-TOR. IF WE MUST EN-TER COM-BAT, I WILL OB-SERVE YOUR AC-TI-VI-TY SO I CAN BET-TER PRO-TECT THE CRE-A-TOR. WITH THE PER-MIS-SION OF THE CRE-A-TOR, OF COURSE."

Nicole suppresses a giggle.

"You may."

It appears that the Stealth Shadow would follow Kiray's instructions if the party encounters danger.

As one of the creeps you mention, my guess as why they keep us around is because, they want to occupy our time and keep and eye on us. Plus, who knows what terror we could unleash on the planet if left to do what ever we want.

And, I got wonder who hurt you so bad you got act like everyone else is going to do the same thing. My guess is a former lover.

Diana snorts.

"I'm seventeen. All the boys my age are absolute prats, and if the older ones are any indication the future's not looking much better."

Actaeon takes in what Diana says. He waits for a moment before speaking. "Sometimes," he says, slowly, "people are cowards. Sometimes they choose too look the opposite way instead of helping because that's the easiest thing to do. If Dragonlord's head was turned back to The Hovels, maybe he would make the right choice when the time comes. Maybe not."

He pauses.

"We help the houses because if we didn't, the whole of Dastan could be destroyed. We can't leave these people to die. Maybe sometime there will be a time when we can go and help those that have been forced to live in The Hovels. Until then, we have to do our best to help the people that we can."

"Yeah...if I'm being honest, that's the whole reason I agreed to participate in this disaster: to serve the greater good. We'll see if that works out." Diana looks out over the horizon again. It appears the conversation is over.

The day moves on into night, and back to day again. Now a full day out to sea, the party sees little beneath them save for the occasional speck indicating a particularly large ship, which would quickly pass beneath them as the Bostonius continued its journey. At one point, Nicole remarks on the appearance of one ship that seemed to be heading in the same direction they were.

"Observe how slowly they sail. Air transport is clearly the future of commercial travel, is it not? Think of all the dangers we've simply passed entirely by not traveling on the Bonaparte ship!"

"Think of all the loot and experience we've passed entirely by not traveling on the Bonaparte ship."

"You must admit, at the very least it's more convenient. We'll be in Drakencourt around midday tomorrow."

Diana shrugs, not really wanting to argue. The ship sails on into the evening, and eventually everyone decides to rest for the night, in preparation of what was to come.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The party awakes at the break of dawn to find Diana, Nicole, and Captain Fragle already awake. The Stealth Shadow, not needing rest, had remained at the helm through the night.

"You're up early," Diana notes of the Heroes.

"It is good that you are awake. I believe you will find the sunrise most aesthetically pleasing."

Dragonlord grunts.

"Maybe." He frowns and rubs his eyes--apparently his night had been less than restful. "What's that blasted sound?"

Before the party can fully gather themselves to investigate, a small, shrieking blur races for Nicole, claws outstretched. Diana reacts instantly, a quarrel from her crossbow instantly skewering the creature midair, sending it plunging to the ocean far below.

"What was--?"

"I don't know, but I think we're about to find out." Diana points to a mass of dark silhouettes whizzing towards them, directly in their path.

"Wake Captain Fragle."

"I've got it."

The Dragonlord moves aft to awaken the captain. Diana throws a glance to Germ, and then to Actaeon.

"I guess the 'greater good' can apply to the party, too."

Before Actaeon can ask what she means, Diana throws a pair of orange gloves to Germ.

"That's a loan, not a gift, you hear me? I'm taking those back the moment the fight's over."

Diana has officially joined the party!

heroicarules-a-assassin.jpg

Meanwhile, the Stealth Shadow approaches from the aft.

"AC-TI-VA-TING DE-FEN-SIVE SUB-ROU-TINES! WE WILL PRO-TECT YOU, CRE-A-TOR."

"I do not wish to be a burden to you, Heroes. I will help you fight as well."

Nicole and Stealth Shadow have temporarily joined the party!

heroicaquest75-gemautomatonrules.jpg

With three new allies in tow, it appeared the Heroes would not have time to enjoy the sunrise, but would rather have to engage in combat--and for many of them, it would be for the first time.

14553940375_689cfdc10a_o.jpg

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Enemies:

heroicafog-monster-phoenix.jpg

Phoenix
*Immune to Instant Kill*

Type: Flying/Fiery

Level: 4

Health: 64/64

Special I: Phoenix Pyre – The Phoenix reduces its health to one to bring back all defeated allies with full health. Used only after all allies have been defeated.

Special II: Empyreal Flame - Causes 3 fire-elemental damage to all opponents. Used when there are allies standing.

Drops: Phoenix Essence, Flameproof Armor (SP:1, immune to Fire)

Enraged Gryphon
*Immune to Instant Kill, Blind, Sealed, and Asleep*

Type: Flying/Holy

Level: 10

Health: 25/25

Special: Scream of Might: The Enraged Gryphon encourages one of the Dragonlings and makes one of the heroes fragile during the next round.

Drops: 30 Gold, Sapphire, Scroll of Frailty

8909168228_8df43e6ff6_t.jpg

Tundra Dragonling
*Immune to Blind and Weakened*

Type: Flying

Level: 3

Health: 10/10

Special: Freezing Breath: Both the target and the hero next in the battle order take 2 Ice Damage and are slowed.

Drops: 5 Gold, Dragon Scale

8909167902_5270e41bea_t.jpg

Forest Dragonling
*Immune to Sealed and Asleep*

Level: 2

Special: Healing Nettles: All allies regain 1/2 of their total health and are relieved of any negative effects.

Drops: 5 Gold, Potion

8909167462_164cb7eddb_t.jpg

Mountain Dragonling
*Immune to Blind and Weakened*

Special: Blazing Breath: The target and the heroes before and after in the battle order take Fire Damage equal to their SP x2 regardless of row and SP.

8908541385_a48c711d5c_t.jpg

Plains Dragonling

Special: Thundering Roar: All heroes have a 1/2 chance of being stunned for the current round.

Drops: 5 Gold, Remedy

8909166738_4d4a1a2438_t.jpg

Cavern Dragonling

Special: Challenging Gaze: All heroes have a 1/2 chance of being sealed.

Drops: 5 Gold, Remedy

8908540249_697bee1c9a_t.jpg

Marsh Dragonling
*Immune to Blinded and Weakening*

Special: Acid Spray: The target and the hero before them in the battle order take 2 Wood damage and are Weakened.

7367695016_475a00ae23_t.jpg

Bird of Prey

Level: 6

Health: 15/15

Special I: Take to the Skies - The Bird launches itself into the sky to prepare for its next attack; its next hit will cause an extra 2 Damage, and until it lands that hit, it can only be damaged by ranged attacks (i.e. spells, bows, crossbows, handcannons, and throwing weapons).

Special II: Fly Higher - Used only if the Bird has already Taken to the Skies; the Bird flies even higher, so that on the extra Damage is increased by one.

Drops: Remedy

heroicafog-monster-roc.jpg

Lesser Roc
*Immune to Instant Kill*

Level 5 Flying/Rock

Health: 58/58

Special: Heavenly Flight – The Roc flies out of reach, avoiding all damage for the remainder of the round, and returns with 25 health restored and all negative effects removed from it.

Drops: 2x Potion, 30 Gold

heroicafog-monster-hippogriff.jpg

Juvenile Hippogriff

Level 4 Flying Beast

Health: 41/41

Special: Aerial Assault – The Elder Hippogriff flies to the sky for the remainder of the round, avoiding all damage, and lands on the target for 8 damage at the beginning of the next round.

Drops: 30 Gold

The Party:

14554008102_2da271a37f_o.jpg

Actaeon Artus (Actaeon)
*Party Leader*
*Dodgy*

21 year old male human

Level 1 Ranger

Power:

Health:
6/6

Gold:

Equipment:
Bow (WP:3)

Inventory:
Smoke Bomb, Potion, Bedroll

Siercon2.jpg?t=1345135202

Siercon (Siercon and Coral)
*Dodgy*

Male, Age and species unknown

Level 6 Mage

Power:
(6 levels + 8 WP)

Defense:
(Robe of the Magi)

Health:
10/10
(5 base + 5 lvl)

Ether:
10/10
(5 base + 5 lvl)

Gold:

Equipment:
Lullaby Wand (WP:8, deals
sleep
-effect; wand), Robe of the Magi (SP:1),

Inventory:

*Sylvania's Cowl (Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk),

*Diamond (
Light
), Scroll of
Sleep
, Bedroll

*Potion x2, Remedy

shadow_demon_square_picture.jpg

The Demon Germ (Samurai Turtle)
*Dodgy*

??? years old ; Half Demon; Male

Level 1 Rogue

Power:

Defense:

Health:
7/7

Ether:

Gold

Equipment:
Wrench (WP:3, decreases the target’s level by 1; throwing weapon), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors)
(Loaned by Diana)

Inventory:
Copper Dagger (WP:3; dagger), Venom, Potion, Bedroll

Warlen_ava.pngQuarion_ava.png

Warlen Melimane
and
Quarion
the floating skull
(The Chosen Minifigure)
*Dodgy*

17 Year old Male Half-Elf

Level 1 Mage

Power:
4 (9 for spells)

Power Bonus:
+5 for spells

Health:
5/5

Ether:
5/5

Gold:

Equipment:
Gold-Coated bat staff (Wp:3), Spellbound Gloves (Power +5 to spells)
(Loaned by Siercon)

Inventory:
Potion, Amethyst (
Darkness
), bedroll

YujiDaethAva.png

Yuji Daeth (Daeth)
*Dodgy*

34 year old male Croaken (Frog based race)

Level 1 cleric

Power:

Defense:

Health:
9/9

Ether:
5/5

Gold:

Equipment:
Slightly Sharpened Croaken Staff (WP:3; staff)

Inventory:
Remedy, Potion

kiray_cu.jpg

Kiray Nastayo (KingoftheZempk),
A Hero Who Is Actually Worth Something
*Dodgy*

24 year old female human

Level 4 Knight

Power:

Defense:

Health:
13/13

Gold:

Equipment:
Sword of the Kin (WP:3), Scutum Shield (SP:2; shield)

Inventory:
Potion, Banana (Restores full health when eaten), Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll

Diana N. Justus
(NPC, Uncontrollable/takes suggestions)
*Dodgy*

17 years old female human Assassin

Level 1

Power:

Power Bonus:
+0

Defense:

Health:
12/12

Gold:

Equipment:
Ace Assassin's Crossbow (WP:3, crossbow), Belt of the Ace Assassin (Successful Assasination rolls on enemies immune to sudden death deal an extra Aim instead.  Bodywear, Suitable for Assassins only.)

Inventory:
Potion x5, Mead x3, Smelling Salts x3, Nostrum x3

Nicole Telsa
, Female Human Ranger (NPC, controlled by TheChosenMinifigure)
*Dodgy*

Level:

Power:

Power Bonus:
+0

Defense:

HP:
9/9

Gold:

Equipment:
Sonic Boom (WP: 4, Handcannon)

Inventory:
Toolkit (Repairs one automaton back to perfect conditon once. The robot must have some condition)

Stealth Shadow
(NPC, controlled by KingoftheZempk)

Amethyst G.E.M. Automaton
*Immune to all effects and
Darkness
*Automatic
Dodgy
-effect to all allies

Level:

Power:

Element:
Darkness

Condition:
17/17

Defense:

Equipment:
Robot Circuitry (Accessory, SP: +2, suitable for G.E.M. Automata only), Stealth Shell (Wearer provides allies with
*Dodgy*
, having a 50% chance to avoid rolls of Damage, Counter, and Free Hits; suitable for G.E.M. Automata only))

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

QM Note: Welcome to the first battle! If you have any questions about the battle system, just ask, and I (or maybe the Dragonlord :tongue: ) will try to answer them. KingoftheZempk and TheChosenMinifigure, please note that both of you control the actions of an NPC; please bold their actions along with your own. :wink:

Edited by Flipz

Kiray looked around bewildered. "I get a... er... YES. FOLLOW ME IN-TO BAT-TLE FE-LLOW MO-DEL."

Kiray yanked her sword free and brought it up. She slung the scutum onto her forearm. She moves to the front row and targets the Tundra Dragonling.

Kiray threw a quick glance back to the Stealth Shadow. "Stay behind me!" Kiray told the machine. The Stealth Shadow moves to the backrow and targets the Plains Dragonling.

"If I may suggest, Diana," the knight started, "it may be a fine idea for you to stay in the back and target that Forest Dragonling."

"Hm. I'll consider it," Diana comments, eyeing the Gryphon.

QM Note: Although it doesn't matter for most of you since you only have one weapon, please state which weapon you're using to attack with; it will become important later in your Heroica career. :wink:

Edited by Flipz

Kiray chooses to use her Sword of the Kin.

OoC:

Special: Healing Nettles: All enemies regain 1/2 of their total health and are relieved of any negative effects.

Does that mean if we roll special damage while fighting this we get this? Or is that meant to say "allies" instead of enemies?

Also, how did TheChosenMinifigure end up with Nicole? Not objecting, I'm just curious.

Actaeon quickly springs to action. He jumps to the back row and aims at the Cavern Dragonling with his bow.

"We need to kill the Phoenix before some of the others so he can't revive his allies. As the biggest hitter, Siercon, are you willing to target Phoenix? And remember guys, don't target the same people, we don't want to give them more free hits. We can focus targets down after they aren't hitting us with free hits."

OoC: I'm suggesting the second bold part to the whole group, Diana included.

Order of Action-

Stealth Shadow

Kiray Nastayo

Diana N. Justus

Siercon

Nicole Telsa

The Demon Germ

Actaeon Artus

Warlen Melimane and Quarion

Yuji Daeth

OoC: Please feel free to give battle advice. My strategy as of now is to put our tanks first so that they can absorb the free hits. I'm also hoping that the people targeting the enemies with specials that could harm their surrounding allies (in the battle order) will be the people with higher health. I also put Yuji in the back so that if he can heal us, it will be after damage is dealt.

Edited by Actaeon