Ritsz

What do you guys think, should I buy this? (modular)

Hi, A while ago I wanted to start collecting the modular buildings, but the fact that CC and GG are hard to find for a reasonable price I don't know what to do. Because I like to have them all (except for MS, I dont like that one) and not just half of them. (I don't like half collections, same with all other themes).

Now I have the opportunity to buy 7 modulars at the same time (from one guy) including 10185 for 950 euro.

Those are 10185, 10197, 10211, 10218, 10224, 10232 and 10243.

Do you guys think thats a right price? All buildings are complete, in mint condition, including instructions but without boxes.

Thanks for the reply's

Edited by Ritsz

...what's his reason for selling all those sets for that price??

That's a low price for selling 9 modulars...especially including 3 modulars that are rare and very expensive to get. You only listed 7 modulars; what are the other 2 modulars?

Nope, that's not a right price. That's a pretty good bargain.

Even though I only count 7 sets (not 9), getting all of these individually on the after market would cost you way in excess of 1000€.

The 5 that are still available in retail go for about 120-140€ used, with the exception of Town Hall, which is more in the 150-170€ area, being more expensive in retail aswell.

Fire Brigade usually goes for about 200-225€ these days.

And I don't follow Green Grocer listings anymore as I've given up on that one, but it's propably still in the 400-500€ range, if not more...

So even by conservative estimates this offer is a good 300€ below the current secondhand market prices.

And if there are doubles of some of the sets (to get up to that 9 modulars), it's even more of a bargain.

That does sound extremely low in price considering CC/GG cost about $800-1000 each!

I'd say if you have the money and you can guarantee they are in great condition/complete, I'd jump on that.

Hey I'm sorry, it has to be 7 in stead of 9. I've already changed it.

So looks like I'll have to buy them considering your answers haha.

I was planning on buying them one by one because its a lot of money. But it looks like a big opportunity so I'm going for it.

...what's his reason for selling all those sets for that price??

That's a low price for selling 9 modulars...especially including 3 modulars that are rare and very expensive to get. You only listed 7 modulars; what are the other 2 modulars?

Nope, that's not a right price. That's a pretty good bargain.

Even though I only count 7 sets (not 9), getting all of these individually on the after market would cost you way in excess of 1000€.

The 5 that are still available in retail go for about 120-140€ used, with the exception of Town Hall, which is more in the 150-170€ area, being more expensive in retail aswell.

Fire Brigade usually goes for about 200-225€ these days.

And I don't follow Green Grocer listings anymore as I've given up on that one, but it's propably still in the 400-500€ range, if not more...

So even by conservative estimates this offer is a good 300€ below the current secondhand market prices.

And if there are doubles of some of the sets (to get up to that 9 modulars), it's even more of a bargain.

That does sound extremely low in price considering CC/GG cost about $800-1000 each!

I'd say if you have the money and you can guarantee they are in great condition/complete, I'd jump on that.

If that's not a scam, I wouldn't think twice.

I mean, seven mint condition modulars, including Green Grocer? For 950 euros?

If that's not a scam, I wouldn't think twice.

I mean, seven mint condition modulars, including Green Grocer? For 950 euros?

Yep, I went and picked those up this morning. Everyting complete with instructions and spare parts. Shame he had thrown away the boxes last year.

Only downside is that they cought some dust from sitting on a shelf.

I'll post a picture tomorrow of the 7 next to each other.

Nice one!

I have to congratulate you on that.

It took us months (and over 200 Euros) to Bricklink GG together.

After which my wife (also afol) and myself made a solemn pledge: "Thou shalt never not buy a newly released modular again". :sadnew:

Oh wow. I would start by tearing them all apart. Dont miss out on a great building experience.

Oh wow. I would start by tearing them all apart. Dont miss out on a great building experience.

Thats exactly what I'm going to do. I'm planning on building 1 each week. Starting with Green Grocer and so on by release date

Coool catch...but I consider this is an expensive for 950 Euro without the Café Corner and the Market Street are not included. But Well done. At least you have a nice modular building.

Considering these not sealed, then indeed a nice catch! ....Enjoy!

Edited by VintageLegoEra