Sign in to follow this  
Takanuinuva

Set this minifig head appears in?

Anyone know what set has a non printed lavender minifig head in it? Bricklink has them for sale but no inventory of what set there from. And Brickset doesn't have inventory of it either

Picture of head

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIzMVgxMTI5/z/fp0AAMXQCtlRP19q/$T2eC16dHJGIE9nnWrdRqBRP19qQl2w~~60_35.JPG

List of heads for sale

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=100293&colorID=154

Please move if this is in the wrong topic.

I know this will hardly be a satisfying answer, but my best guess is that it's a prototype. I haven't had a chance to properly inspect all the sellers' inventories, but Helge's at least has a red 48x48 prototype baseplate for sale.

and maybe a head from Hero's Factory? I believe their minifigs have colored plain heads beneath their helmets. Don''t know if it comes in this color though

and maybe a head from Hero's Factory? I believe their minifigs have colored plain heads beneath their helmets. Don''t know if it comes in this color though

That seems like a fair prediction.

I think the colour was first introduced in Friends sets in January 2012, so it's probably just a new piece that hasn't been catalogued yet.

BrickLink doesn't list it as bring in any sets... the list of sets a piece is available in is available to view and is separated by the colour.

The lavender piece you linked to doesn't actually appear in a set... at least not one that's listed on BL

A head that is that same color but has printing is in this one Star Wars set, but I've never seen a head that color without printing.

It's probably a part that didn't get printed for the Star Wars set with the Separatist soldiers. Probably what happened was LEGO produced X amount of pieces, and Y amount of print runs, and X was greater than Y, and they found their way into the after-markets.