Starwars4J

Exclusive EB Review: 7093 - Skeleton Tower

starwars4j could you take a picture with the gate closed?

i really wonder how that looks...

thanks!

sw0001_1.jpg

Oh, there's a black Viking horn in the spare parts! Please, could you tell me how many there are of them in the set and how they are used?

There are a total of four in the set. One is the spare, and three are in the rear of the head of the dragon

dsc_00310031.jpg

Could you make a picture of the head of the knight without helmet please?

It's just this guy

3626bpx302.1093844681.jpg

There are a total of four in the set. One is the spare, and three are in the rear of the head of the dragon

dsc_00310031.jpg

Thanks!

Maybe someday you could try the "lightning sword" thing I suggested you a while ago. I think it would look great. ;-)

Shakar

Ah, great! I didn't think of the lightsabre handle, but it still looks nice. :-D

Shakar

thank you for the closed gate pic starwars4j

thow it dosent look all that closed..cant they see that someone could still get in? :-D

the wizard can do all these magic and wake up the dead but he cant close a gate?? :-P

I actually did last night :-D

sw0001_2.jpg

Is that the body of Yoda? he he Nice to see that he can change shape....

Is that the body of Yoda? he he Nice to see that he can change shape....

Well the torso seems perfect for a freelance swordsman :-)

the princess and the wizard are the main reasons to get this set..

other than that its kind of...been there...done that

4748-1.jpg

6248-1.jpg

6279.jpg

8876-1.jpg

i just get the feeling i have seen smth like this one too many times

You forgot the best one...... :-P

7074-1.jpg

Thank you for this nice review, StarWars4J. I don't think I'll purchase this set unless it's on sale. As it is, the only elements worth getting in this set can be bricklinked, and I'm just not digging that dragon. The design of the main model is rather well though out, though. I give my props to the builder. *y*

P.S. Even though you seem to despise these dragons, which do you prefer, StarWars46? (Between this and the Castle Siege)

hough you seem to despise these dragons, which do you prefer, StarWars46? (Between this and the Castle Siege)

Well, though I don't own the castle siege, it's clearly a superior set. IMO this set is the low point of the theme. My only complaint is that Castle Siege should come with at least twice the number of figs for that price...this smaller set has two awesome figs (the wizard and the princess), whereas the castle doesn't have anything that stands out...it has the king, but it isn't really an impressive fig.

Starwars, I think Berry Syedow was talking about the dragons included in the two sets...

Shakar

Starwars, I think Berry Syedow was talking about the dragons included in the two sets...

Shakar

:-$ Well in that case, definitely the one in the Skeleton Tower. The two dragons are virtually identical, except for their colors being switched, and not only does the skeleton tower come with 3 black horns instead of the 3 red horns the castle siege dragon comes with, but...I don't know, it looks like a more "natural" dragon, if that makes sense.

Thanks for the review Starwars4J!

The tower looks better than expected. But like others said, nothing in the back... And this dragon, so :-X ! Why does TLC not use the dragon from the HP set (the brown one) which looks more "LEGO" for me...

The minifigs are really cool, I like the wizard and fall in love with this princess *wub*

Oh wow I never realized the princess had a new hairpiece,I thought it was the one from the Star wars line,plus her outfit decals look pretty smart to.

I really love this years castle sets and I personally feel its up there as one of Legos best Castle themes,however I feel this set could of been better.The dragon looks pretty bad and I would of rather had more minifigs instead (more princesses!) but they really should of built up the back of the tower more,it looks far to empty and they could of easily made a table with some potions on or a jail cell or a dungeon pit or something.

Still I will pick up a copy of this set once its released here in the UK,thanks for the review.

hehe, yes. I didn't mean to give the impression that the old skellie was a part of the new set, I just hate them with a passion, and wished to show the obvious superiority of the old ones. It, however, failed to make the final cut in the review
Sorry, but I disagree. ;-)

Regarding the dragons, I think I prefer the black one. I have never been a fan of the red colour, I think black just look more evil (although I love the black Viking horns). On the wizard, I didn't notice the belt with the skull printed on it. It looks awesome! I'm defiantly going to have some fun giving it to my minifigs.

Oh, forgot to say something about the "magic" sword. Why don't you just remove the lightsaber handle?

Shakar

Sorry, but I disagree. ;-)

Regarding the dragons, I think I prefer the black one. I have never been a fan of the red colour, I think black just look more evil (although I love the black Viking horns). On the wizard, I didn't notice the belt with the skull printed on it. It looks awesome! I'm defiantly going to have some fun giving it to my minifigs.

Oh, forgot to say something about the "magic" sword. Why don't you just remove the lightsaber handle?

Shakar

I see I've been found out ;-)

As for the lightsaber handle...I very well might have to, but I pretty much need to think of something from scratch for it

Isn't it funny? Jhidah (that's the name I gave to the maiden, who I will turn into a sorceress) keeps getting beautier every time I see her.

Shakar

How did I miss this review? Great job StarWars4J. I'm digging this wizard and his staff, it's really cool. And the skeletons could add to my armie of death. But I just thought of something, why dragons? It's kinda an undead theme. Dragons are living. Although an undead dragon would be awesome!!!

So, if I have the money I will get this set, but I'll probably only end up getting The Skeleton Prison Wagon, the set with the ballista and the set with the catapult. And of course the jousting set, when it's released in NZ. Because it will be released in NZ.

But I just thought of something, why dragons? It's kinda an undead theme. Dragons are living. Although an undead dragon would be awesome!!!

Great idea! A skelly or rotten zombie dragon! That would be useful.... maybe there

I just bought this set yesterday, and apart from a misprinted armour piece, I'm really liking this set. I'm planning on doing some mods to it including adding a bottom floor and some back walls. One of the great aspects of this set is that its actually an enclosed structure with good depth rather than just a front wall like some of the KK2 sets, although, the design of the back is very lacking.

Another thing I like is the dragon (who seem to be getting a bad rap from other members :'-( ). I wasn't sure what to expect after seeng pictures of it but once I put it together I came to the conclusion that its an awesome addition to the theme. The parts are made out of very solid and high-quality material. The printing (especially the head) look great and fits very well into the overall fairytale, good vs evil fantasy feel of the whole theme. The dragon has enough joints to strike some neat posses, such as flying, standing, attacking, etc. ( a good improvement over the viking bionicle dragons who in my mind had too much joints and were too flimsy). I'm hoping that maybe in future sets we'll get a blue/gold dragon with a different head for the good king to ride on.

Great idea! A skelly or rotten zombie dragon! That would be useful.... maybe there

Actually, I prefer the idea of the wizard being human, corrupted by the hunger for power and the thirst for magic, summoning skeleton minions to do his dark bidding. :-P Although (thinking about WarCraft 3 FT here..) skeleton mages would be pretty cool. Have standard troops like we're getting now, and throw in a couple of magic skeletons. Hehehe!

Skelemage ON! *skull* :-D