Sérgio

[MOC] Alsthom CP1900 - Portuguese Diesel Engine

Hello my friends

This is my New creation

Portuguese Monster CP1900

lots of snot and very fun build :)

13993440223_33806df7db_b.jpg

8009.1177084800.jpg

When I see Sergio I already know that I will found a lovely work ...and also this time I'm right!

This locomotive looks fantastic and I like how this Moc looks like the original one!

Yeah, very well looking replica! I like the shape. And the colors. My only doubt: I think 10studs bogies don't work very well on curves ... Sergio, do you think to modify?

Yeah, very well looking replica! I like the shape. And the colors. My only doubt: I think 10studs bogies don't work very well on curves ... Sergio, do you think to modify?

thanx a lot :)

the boggies have 7 studs between the two extreme axels, can make curves with no problem, the maximum its 8 studs between

When I see Sergio I already know that I will found a lovely work ...and also this time I'm right!

This locomotive looks fantastic and I like how this Moc looks like the original one!

thanx a lot, very kind words as always :D

the boggies have 7 studs between the two extreme axels, can make curves with no problem, the maximum its 8 studs between

I'm not sure that that will work with a 3-axle truck; it'd probably be better if the center axle slid. Presumably you've tested it around curves before. In practice, I've found that for 2-axle trucks 10 studs axle-to-axle is the limit (that's equivalent to the standard wheelsets with 7 studs in between).

I'd also suggest flipping the 1x2x2 panel window on the cab upside-down, so that the top and bottom edges of the window will align better with the windows at the front. An alternative might be to use the newer window frame instead.

Hi Sérgio,

looks very good, the original very well modeled.

Best regards Udo

First looking at the MOC, it has a few odd curves to it... but then looking at the prototype, it looks like you did a great job capturing so many of its odd details. Great work.