Sign in to follow this  
woody64

We need SHAKO's

Hey Piranha, you probably noticed them in Hinckley's album of a recent chicago event where they premiered! I believe he said BF will be coming out with them soon, so don't forget to check at MCN until his own forum starts up soon!

Right now this topic is about shakos though ;-)

Edited by Starwars4J

Hey Piranha, you probably noticed them in Hinckley's album of a recent chicago event where they premiered! I believe he said BF will be coming out with them soon, so don't forget to check at MCN until his own forum starts up soon!

Right now this topic is about shakos though ;-)

:) Thanks for the link and for telling me

8-o Very nice animals there

I will try to stay on topic now :-D

Piranha

Edited by Piranha

Thanks Piranha.

All,

Currently, both RedBean and myself realized that it is not the best time to clone any official pieces.

We will, however; consider making something comparable to the theme as a whole.

Because neither of us really have our pulse on the Pirate/Imperial community we might have to go the route of preorders. Of course we hope that the community will provide assistance & feedback during the creation process.

For the time being we decided to focus on some other parts 'til we really feel like we can sink our teeth into a Shako-type hat. Hopefully after we redesign our site we'll have our own forums where we can keep the public updated on our project schedule.

-A

Armothe,

I think producing a french type shako would be better, so we can use the official shako then as the english type. That way most of us I think can manage too arange their armies then.

some questions:

1) when will you have the dark gray german helmets on your site?

2) will they be avaible for a longer period, because I'm out of cash now?

3) can I order them painted in for example orange color?

Thanks,

TT

So far my favorite design is:

French%20Shako%20007.jpg

It still gives the impression of a SHAKO, but can also tie in a plume as well as a potential braid piece. Because both RedBean and myself envision this as potentially a three-piece project we will have to put it on the backburner for now and begin to plan some other items around it.

Tano, I'll answer your questions in a PM.

-A

So far my favorite design is:

French%20Shako%20007.jpg

It still gives the impression of a SHAKO, but can also tie in a plume as well as a potential braid piece. Because both RedBean and myself envision this as potentially a three-piece project we will have to put it on the backburner for now and begin to plan some other items around it.

Tano, I'll answer your questions in a PM.

-A

Hey A,

It looks pretty close the US Marine "shako" *y*

1812.jpg

P

Hmmm, well, I must say, I'm unfortunately not going to be able to do the shako molds anytime soon, but something I would like to do in the future :capn: .

Hmmm, well, I must say, I'm unfortunately not going to be able to do the shako molds anytime soon, but something I would like to do in the future :capn: .

Thanx for the update IS :)

I was wondering how it was working out for you

Let us know when you've started your molds ;-)

P

Yeah, August isn't very good for me as I will be moving half across my state for school to stay in an appartment, so I can't work on it, but soon, but soon :capn: .

Damn, like the title says, we REALLY need Shako's. I've just stopped butchering any eBay bid I can find. The result is I have either a French army, Engineer's or Naval officers. A LOT.

Personally, I would prefer the Shako's to be as close as the original as possible. Don't get me wrong, but I really dont want to refit around 100 men here. I'm trying to save money as much as possible.

Interesting. I thought more people will vote for a more french looking shako then for the original.

But nevertheless, I also think 1EUR could be a good price.

But more interesting is the quantity to attract a possible molder to create some base forms.

I will need between 20 and 30 shakos.

Andreas

I realise you like shakos but i have made a guard with Bicorne on his head and he looks pretty good. X-D

Good news! As it so happens, a hobbystore just 10 minutes from my apartment sells the stuff. So, I bought it, and brought it home :capn: . Though, the resin is creamy white, not black, so I'll have to wait until those come in. Right now, I'm doing another test mold with a surprise piece.

Good news! As it so happens, a hobbystore just 10 minutes from my apartment sells the stuff. So, I bought it, and brought it home :capn: . Though, the resin is creamy white, not black, so I'll have to wait until those come in. Right now, I'm doing another test mold with a surprise piece.

Excellent! *y*

I don't mind white when there's paint that can be used on the exterior

Don't forget to take pics of your surprise piece ;-)

P

It's almost done, I'll finish it tomorow. :capn: yay!

Oh, and it's a creamy tan color. Not exactly white. I'll be looking to get black resin soon.

It's almost done, I'll finish it tomorow. :capn: yay!

Oh, and it's a creamy tan color. Not exactly white. I'll be looking to get black resin soon.

I am also very interested in the first photo. The color doesn't matter since it can be painted ...

andreas

Hmm, it's done, though, this was a test mold. It went okay. Some mistakes. And an airbublble in the silicone mold, but I will show you pics of the piece I did, which turns out pretty weel despite some defects.

Shako mold poured....waiting to cure... :capn:

I'm VERY much looking forward to see pictures of the result.

Edited by Bonaparte

Actually, it's the first half of the mold...but it's done now, and I'll be pouring the second half soon!

Edit: Btw, this first part came out perfect.

Mold done....looking VERY VERY NICE....doing a test cast now...will post pictures. After Battery charge finishes.

Actually, I'm going to create a new thread.

I plan to bookmark this thread so I can continue to interact with your comments and questions.

-A

Hello Armothe,

in brickshelf journal issue 9 (summer 2007) I read that a next set of minifig items is planned. Is there already a date when we can expect it, and is there a chance to find any imperial stuff inside.

Thanks

Andreas

LDraw part:

British-Shako:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/woody64/...o/2545-brit.dat

French-Shako:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/woody64/...2545-french.dat

two-shakos.png

Steps to Do:

- Import to 3d CAD Program

-- for the british shako already successfull done:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/woody64/...rit-blender.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/woody64/...o/2545-brit.stl

- Control Dimensions (damned ldu/mm, I haven't taken a look so far)

- Find Molder (http://www.protomold.com/ ?)

- Get Proposal

- Let the Molder create the Tool

- Prototypes

- Produce 1000 shakos

:-) seems to be very easy

I've created a new thread to discuss this topic:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16215

Edited by woody64

I'm a tad confused. Didn't Lego already make shakos? What's wrong with them?

2545.1067699249.jpg

~Peace

It's not that we need new ones...it's that we just need them.

Very simple!

They're discontinued, they cost a pretty penny, they're rather low because all these crazy army creaters are hogging them all to themselves ( :-P ) ... and so on.

Ah, touché. I see now, thanks ImperialScouts. *sweet*

~Peace