Sign in to follow this  
Super Goblin

A closer look at Emmets apartment building

I took these with my PS4 so they might not turn out that great, hopefully they do. Looks like we should be able to build this with just the Town Hall. Haven't researched to see if we need and additional bricks.

A9D42379-2809-49A3-AECA-D21BB752E550_zpsud1encct.jpg

366386A4-479B-4759-A73F-44493DEFF0B5_zpsmarzqkra.jpg

27E017B3-032B-482A-B185-6A811087E8E1_zpsy2g2be5c.jpg

Edited by Super Goblin

^It looks very similar to the Town Hall. Colors, architecture, skylights.

The real question is, could you fit the apartment interior as depicted in the movie into the exterior? The interior looks somewhat small, but of course looks can be deceiving.

This look like it can be made by using 2 Town Hall sets and other set as well that i am too lazy to look up. If this was made into a set and what ever inside I think the price will be somewhere around $200 to $300, the minifigures that I think would be in the set are Emmet with a red cup, 2 or 3 Citizens (1 male that I do like to see with a Bionicle or Rock Raiders shirt with a black unzip hoodie and Kai Hair maybe recolor in black and holding a light gray Laptop. Another 1 female with a DC shirt and with this Hair in black. And the last one this random guy holding a Toolbox) and I know this will not happen but I do like to see Mrs. Scratchen-Post in it with 4 or 5 cats.

I used the share feature on the PS4, it's not something you can do on the 360.

I'll try to get some picks of the other side of the building. It has fire escapes up that side.

The real question is, could you fit the apartment interior as depicted in the movie into the exterior? The interior looks somewhat small, but of course looks can be deceiving.

After trying to build it myself, the answer to my question is no (at least, not without simplification). It'll also take more than just the Town Hall to make this in real life, and on top of that this image isn't really accurate to how it appears in the movie (for instance, in the movie, the second window on the second story has an air conditioning unit that uses a certain part in a non-existent color).

I'm still trying to make a version of this on LDD with a furnished interior. Maybe once I'm done I can put it on Cuusoo.

After trying to build it myself, the answer to my question is no (at least, not without simplification). It'll also take more than just the Town Hall to make this in real life, and on top of that this image isn't really accurate to how it appears in the movie (for instance, in the movie, the second window on the second story has an air conditioning unit that uses a certain part in a non-existent color).

I'm still trying to make a version of this on LDD with a furnished interior. Maybe once I'm done I can put it on Cuusoo.

I think that was a easy question to answer because emmet room was a 20x(something but it's a 20+), the only way to put in Emmet apartment room in something that size is to make his Apartment smaller plus like I said on my last post if this was made into a set the price maybe somewhere around $250 to $300+.

Anyways good luck on making a version on LDD and getting 10,000 supporters on Cuusoo (plus don't forget to put in the over 9000 cats :tongue: )

I love modulars! I have the Pet Shop and Palace Cinema sets, and I really enjoy sitting with my kids and playing with them. After seeing The Lego Movie, my daughter's first question (besides, "Can we see.it again?") was when we could get Emmet's apartment modular set. I was planning on making The Parisian Restaurant my next purchase, but I may just have to grab Town Hall while it's available.

@Lyichir: Did you make the LDD-model? I've tried to recreate the apartment in real bricks as close as possible, but could use some inspiration for the final touches :)

And yes: The interior is definitely bigger than the exterior appears when Emmet shouts 'good morning' from the balcony.

@Lyichir: Did you make the LDD-model? I've tried to recreate the apartment in real bricks as close as possible, but could use some inspiration for the final touches :)

And yes: The interior is definitely bigger than the exterior appears when Emmet shouts 'good morning' from the balcony.

I got stuck/lost interest about when I got to where I had to add the bathroom. I could conceivably fit it into the building but doing so would eliminate too much of the space I had allocated for the stairs. And while it would be possible to relocate some things to other floors, I think doing so would stretch suspension of disbelief (after all, despite not knowing what other apartments would be like, if they're not there it would lose the impression of an apartment building). It's also hard to make some rooms look right–for instance, the bedroom as I have it currently has a window behind the bed (on the back of the building), which shouldn't be there. And its placement means that unless I make a false wall blocking the window, the wall behind the bed is also the wrong color.

I don't have much in the way of furnishings yet, apart from a few shelves and a single-decker couch. I would like to see what you have, though, so that I can see if any of what I have could benefit your design!

I got stuck/lost interest about when I got to where I had to add the bathroom. I could conceivably fit it into the building but doing so would eliminate too much of the space I had allocated for the stairs. And while it would be possible to relocate some things to other floors, I think doing so would stretch suspension of disbelief (after all, despite not knowing what other apartments would be like, if they're not there it would lose the impression of an apartment building). It's also hard to make some rooms look right–for instance, the bedroom as I have it currently has a window behind the bed (on the back of the building), which shouldn't be there. And its placement means that unless I make a false wall blocking the window, the wall behind the bed is also the wrong color.

I don't have much in the way of furnishings yet, apart from a few shelves and a single-decker couch. I would like to see what you have, though, so that I can see if any of what I have could benefit your design!

Given that it seems to follow the basic Town Hall footprint, would it work using the TH's elevator instead of stairs?

Given that it seems to follow the basic Town Hall footprint, would it work using the TH's elevator instead of stairs?

Part of what I was trying to do was make it different from the Town Hall (since initially I was hoping to put it on Cuusoo). The way I had it laid out if I kept the Town Hall's elevator it would have cut into valuable living room/kitchen space.

Part of what I was trying to do was make it different from the Town Hall (since initially I was hoping to put it on Cuusoo). The way I had it laid out if I kept the Town Hall's elevator it would have cut into valuable living room/kitchen space.

Wait, so you aren't planning on putting it on CUUSOO/Ideas any longer? Shame, I would have supported it.

That is very cool looking, now that I get to see the apartment up close. The interior decoration in the movie is always pretty cool to look at. Are there images like these for some other models from the movie in the game?

Could you stretch the suspension of disbelief a touch and not include stairs at all?

Hey, this is not possible :( I recreated the apartment in LDD and when I wanted to do the exterior, I found out that it was way too narrow.