ZCerberus

The Phantom

Thanks Captain... but the Stern is getting whooped by the ForeCastle, so I need to do some redesigning!

I will keep you all apprised of the progress!!

Looks good Z!

May I ask what the text in this picture means?:

img_1803.jpg

Mr Tiber

Yeah.... it is Latin. it should read A Deo et rege, but since I have no lowercase letters it is A DEO ET REGE which means "From God and the King"

I am running so low on piece though that I think the back looks kinda bad. I am trying to figure some else out for it!

What's up with all you Minnesotans (Z and Commodore) knowing latin? :-D

No one in Wisconsin seems to know latin.

The ship is coming along very well Z.

Since when on earth did you have all these tiles, plates and bricks?

Seems like all these bricks came out of the wood work of your attic!

Are all your other ships and forts still built?

P

What's up with all you Minnesotans (Z and Commodore) knowing latin? :-D

I only know a few words of latin. And even then I'm not very good at that.

Anyway, this ship is very good, but I think it would look better if lengthend and having a longer sterncastle.

that ship look almost "ugly" to me, and as a phantom ship it look perfect. kind of scary shapes and frighting look *sweet* How do you start when you decide to build a ship of that size? do you make some drawings or more just start building and see what you like?

You're really a great builder *y* *y*

Anyway, this ship is very good, but I think it would look better if lengthend and having a longer sterncastle.

Yes to the first, yes to the second, but only so long as we keep to the shallows.

that ship look almost "ugly" to me, and as a phantom ship it look perfect. kind of scary shapes and frighting look *sweet* How do you start when you decide to build a ship of that size? do you make some drawings or more just start building and see what you like?

You're really a great builder *y* *y*

Umm... I am hoping that when you say "ugly" you mean scary or frightening or something!!

I know a minor amount of Latin aswell.

I don't actually know any Latin... I think Norrington does because he said he was going to a catholic school. I just looked up some latin phrases and that was the one I liked.

The ship is coming along very well Z.

Since when on earth did you have all these tiles, plates and bricks?

Seems like all these bricks came out of the wood work of your attic!

Are all your other ships and forts still built?

Well I live close to the Lego Imagination Center so I got the lettered tiles from a key chain set from there. Many of the tiles were Bricklinked. Luckily I already had a bunch of x6 and x8 tiles, because they are a little expensive!!

All the other ships are still built. If I build more ships though I am going to have to change color schemes soon!

That reminds me, I need to finish the other fortress section for Brighton.

Yes to the first, yes to the second, but only so long as we keep to the shallows.

Shallows? What shallows? Eurobricks has shallows?

I don't actually know any Latin... I think Norrington does because he said he was going to a catholic school.

There we go! And I don't really "know it" per se, but it's more "Forced" on me... Maybe if I actuly cared for organized religon like Catholicism I'd actully care to learn it... Ah well...

Shallows? What shallows? Eurobricks has shallows?

I thought if anyone would enjoy a PotC reference it would be you!

Anyhow, little update. I have begun to stretch the ship, but then I ran out of plates and tiles :'-( Here is length check!

img_1813.jpg

img_1814.jpg

I also reworked the stern. it is much better now!

img_1815.jpg

img_1817.jpg

img_1819.jpg

The other update is the removable deck above the stern to see inside the captain's cabin!

img_1821.jpg

img_1822.jpg

The rear section has to fold down to get the decking out. the rear piece was getting to heavy to stay on its own, so I do what I always do...

img_1820.jpg

It wouldn't be a ZCerberus creation without a few magnets!

The ship looks soo much better now that is it's longer!

And the cabin has enough room to have a ball :) .

I'm amazed on the amount of bricks you have. What a collection you must own...

Wow, your ship is looking very good now. Can't wait for a full shot of it when its finished.

Edit: Oh, there already is. FANTASTIC!

He's certainly maintaining his title, isn't he?

Yes I am, except I ran out of them, so I have to wait a day for a small bricklink order to get back on it.

Edit: err... I didn't read that right... ah thought you said tiLes... heehee... Let's try again!

Thanks Phes, I am trying not to let ya'll down since I was given a title!

I'm amazed on the amount of bricks you have. What a collection you must own...

Well I am actually running out of pieces 8-( As you can see from the lengthened pics, the stern isn't done cause I ran out of black bricks, and the midsection isn't done because I ran out of black plates!

When I started this project my local Pick-a-Brick had a bin full of black 4 x 8 plates and a bin full of red 4 x 8 plates. I bought t ton of them and I used them all on this ship. There must be at least 200 4 x 8 plates on this guy!

Your ship is a work of art mr. Z *y* *y*

Do you have any comparison pictures of the Phantom and the Arbiter II?

Thank you fender.

The Arbiter II and the Phantom are in two different locals, so no comparisons now. I think the width and the height of the Phantom are going to be the differences. Lengthwise, they may be somewhat closer!

I also need to finish and snap a few pictures of Fort Brighton. Check that out sometime if you are interested!

When I started this project my local Pick-a-Brick had a bin full of black 4 x 8 plates and a bin full of red 4 x 8 plates. I bought t ton of them and I used them all on this ship. There must be at least 200 4 x 8 plates on this guy!

I wish there was a pick-a-brick in Belgium...

In the US there seem to be a lot of them. Don't understand why there are almost non in Europe...

I wish there was a pick-a-brick in Belgium...

In the US there seem to be a lot of them. Don't understand why there are almost non in Europe...

From my house, there are 4 PaBs within a 3 hour driving radius. One of which is by Z's house and the other 3 are north and northwest of chicago.

But after those 4, it's 900 miles (or about 1300km) until there is another towards my house.

P

From my house, there are 4 PaBs within a 3 hour driving radius. One of which is by Z's house and the other 3 are north and northwest of chicago.

But after those 4, it's 900 miles (or about 1300km) until there is another towards my house.

P

Yeah? The one at MOA is the only one even CLOSE to my house, after that it is hours of driving. I would guess there is nothing west of here until California or somewhere. But 3 NW of Chicago eh... hmmm... that is a lot for a single area!

Yeah? The one at MOA is the only one even CLOSE to my house, after that it is hours of driving. I would guess there is nothing west of here until California or somewhere. But 3 NW of Chicago eh... hmmm... that is a lot for a single area!

All three of their PaBs are almost exactly the same except a couple types of bricks :-/

An F-FOL (friend-fan of lego :-D ) and i went to all three in one day and decided to only go to only 1 PaB next time.

P

Oh yeah, your elongated ship is coming along very well *y*

How many cannon is probably going to be on it now?

Oh yeah, your elongated ship is coming along very well *y*

How many cannon is probably going to be on it now?

Well 16 per side on the bottom in non-moc cannons = 32

13 of MOC cannons on each side on the main deck = 26

2 chasers on the bottom deck = 2

there are also going to be 8 guns on the fore and stern castles, but they are just little guns.

60 on the gun and main deck + 8 little guys on the fore and stern castle.

I thought if anyone would enjoy a PotC reference it would be you!

I did enjoy it ;-) I just awnsered in a purposley stupid way...

Mini update. I got some bricks for the stern, so I reworked that, it is still a little TOO black at the very back, so I am going to try to figure out something to work some red in there!

Also had the plates to finish the mid section. Masts and detailing come next!

img_1828.jpg

img_1829.jpg

img_1835.jpg

img_1834.jpg

img_1832.jpg

img_1833.jpg

I also have my first celebrity visitor! there is a chance he is going into the brig! ;-)

img_1831.jpg

Zcerberus that's really a beautiful ship!!!

There are no words I can type that would do justice.

I'll take a closer look on the pictures when I have the time!

Beautiful....

Mr Tiber

Ah. Very nice. BUt Phred is on board? I feel very left out on the fun... :'-(

Will I think he has a date with the brig, so you won't need to feel left out of THAT fun ;-)