Mosana

Mosana's custom torsos

These decals are great for MS paint Mr Mosana, you have a lot more understanding than most people I come across on my home forum.

I now feel obliged to ask you to join as a member on Minifig Customization Network, you can learn a lot from there and display your work. And all otrhers who want to join it is a good idea.

P.S, I'm known as Viking Maniac over there, ;-)

These decals are great for MS paint Mr Mosana, you have a lot more understanding than most people I come across on my home forum.

I now feel obliged to ask you to join as a member on Minifig Customization Network, you can learn a lot from there and display your work. And all otrhers who want to join it is a good idea.

Yes, I'm also a member of the MCN. I already gave Mr. Mosana the link to their color guide.

But there are no Napoleonic war fans like you have here. This place is where the spirits of Wellington, Napoleon and Blucher still live. This forum is as close as you will ever get to meeting them :-D . Besides, soon I'll ask the admins to rename this forum the Mosana Customisation Network. ;-).

But there are no Napoleonic war fans like you have here. This place is where the spirits of Wellington, Napoleon and Blucher still live. This forum is as close as you will ever get to meeting them :-D .

Amen to that!

TT

Apologies for veering off topic, but can I ask you all how you got interested in the Napoleonic period? For me, it was the film Waterloo. Bonaparte, may I ask if you've seen it? There really is nothing like it nowadays. The scale is literally incomprehensible. This picture should give you some idea of the scale:

looqh4.png

It really can be described as epic, with around 20,000 extras. However, this is nothing compared to War and Peace which I picked up last year. The moxt expensive film ever made, and has excellent scenes of Austerlitz and Borodino. The film is eight hours long, and Borodino takes up almost a quarter of that, and features 120,000(!) extras.

I got into Napoleonic Era while I was watching the history channel and they had a special on the Napoleonic Era and before that I liked the American Revolution so I saw the uniforms and liked them and decided to watch. And after it I really started to get into with books and articles and things like that. And eventually I discovered Bricklink and bought lots of Imperial Soldiers and now I joined here with the rest of the great Napoleonic Army builders.

Apologies for veering off topic, but can I ask you all how you got interested in the Napoleonic period? For me, it was the film Waterloo. Bonaparte, may I ask if you've seen it? It really can be described as epic, with around 20,000 extras.

I have this movie (seen it any times), but not the extra's. Are they worth buying the DVD?

I've always been interested in the Napoleonic wars (and especially the British navy in the same period). Since I only live 1 hour drive away from the battlefield of Waterloo, I make an excursion nearly every year. When I was younger, my grandparents used to go there with me on Sundays to visit the "Lion". I also visited the "L' Hotel des Invalides" when I was on a school trip (in Paris) where you can see all those great uniforms of the Napoleonic wars. And next to it is the "Dome des Invalides" which contains the grave of Napoleon. Those visits made a big impression, so I started exploring more and eventually started to use Lego to recreate some of the battles and armies.

However, this is nothing compared to War and Peace which I picked up last year. The moxt expensive film ever made, and has excellent scenes of Austerlitz and Borodino. The film is eight hours long, and Borodino takes up almost a quarter of that, and features 120,000(!) extras.

When I search the Internet Movie Database for this movie, I got several versions that are made in different years. Which one are you referring to? What languages are spoken in the movie?

I have this movie (seen it any times), but not the extra's. Are they worth buying the DVD?

I've always been interested in the Napoleonic wars (and especially the British navy in the same period). Since I only live 1 hour drive away from the battlefield of Waterloo, I make an excursion nearly every year. When I was younger, my grandparents used to go there with me on Sundays to visit the "Lion". I also visited the "L' Hotel des Invalides" when I was on a school trip (in Paris) where you can see all those great uniforms of the Napoleonic wars. And next to it is the "Dome des Invalides" which contains the grave of Napoleon. Those visits make a big impression, so I started exploring more and eventually started to use Lego to recreate some of the battles and armies.

When I search the Internet Movie Database for this movie, I got several versions that are made in different years. Which one are you referring to? What languages are spoken in the movie?

My apologies. By extras, I mean all the fellows who dress up and stand around the crowd scenes. The DVD isn't really worth getting.

I had the pleasure of going to Les Invalides last year. Seeing Napoleon's Hat and Coat was the highlight. As for War and Peace, I refer to 1968's Voyna I Mir.

My apologies. By extras, I mean all the fellows who dress up and stand around the crowd scenes. The DVD isn't really worth getting.

I had the pleasure of going to Les Invalides last year. Seeing Napoleon's Hat and Coat was the highlight. As for War and Peace, I refer to 1968's Voyna I Mir.

No need for apologies ;-)

So do you recommend buying Voyna I Mir? Does it contain some realistic sized armies? Are the actors doing a good job?

What got you so interested in the Napoleonic period Mr. Mosana?

I got into Napoleonic Era while I was watching the history channel and they had a special on the Napoleonic Era and before that I liked the American Revolution so I saw the uniforms and liked them and decided to watch. And after it I really started to get into with books and articles and things like that. And eventually I discovered Bricklink and bought lots of Imperial Soldiers and now I joined here with the rest of the great Napoleonic Army builders.

I'm still waiting with great anticipation to see those pictures of your army Mr. Fordo.

No need for apologies ;-)

So do you recommend buying Voyna I Mir? Does it contain some realistic sized armies? Are the actors doing a good job?

What got you so interested in the Napoleonic period Mr. Mosana?

I'm still waiting with great anticipation to see those pictures of your army Mr. Fordo.

what languages are all of these in? and i wonder if I can get them in the states? My French is so rusty... its hard to think that ten years ago i was almost fluent when living in Canada.

Skaforhire: Waterloo is in english. Voyna i mir is strange. Some of it is French with subtitles, some is Russian with subtitles, some is dubbed with English and some is Russian with no subtitles. I really don't know why.

Bonaparte: There's no problem with the armies. They are in fact the biggest amount of soldiers ever assembled on screen. I have no idea about the acting, as none of it's in English, but nothing stands out as being particularly bad.

As for how I got interested, it was seeing Waterloo on TV many years ago. I already wargamed, for WW2, so it was easy enough to get some Napoleonic models, and things went on from there.

These are all quite good!

I am going to need some sailors for my current ship, I may try to dip into the world of custom torsos soon! Keep up the good work Mosana!

why Napoleonic wars:

it's a weird story:

When I was 12, I stood with my hand in my vest, acting like someone I saw in the flinstones, for fun. My teacher (great guy) said: "Like Napoleon".

Napoleon, I heard that name from somewhere, and only heard about how small he was (he wasn't that small). I watched tv, and on canvas, I saw Napoleon. I decided to watch, and saw the great battles and all. I went to search more and more about him, and I became a Napoleon freak (lol). The same teacher said we needed to do a "show-and tell" about famous historical persons. I chose Napoleon right away! I did the assignement dressed as Napoleon (with my fathers way to big black boots) and acted as him.

I wanted to make these things in LEGO, so I saw that the pirate line included French and English soldiers.

My interest was awakened again whilst on vacantion, by going to an exhibition about Napoleon, where a frenchman had this huge Waterloo diorama, with all the soldiers made by himself in tin. I bought 2 tin soldiers from him. (Now identified as a Belgian hussar/light cavalry and a light french dragoon I think)

It rested then for a year and a half.

Then, I was in Playmobil, and tried to make Napoleonic soldiers, wich didn't work because I couldn't get to the parts and all.

I forgot about Playmobil and it rested a few months.

But then:

I saw this huge army of french line infantry in LEGO, over 100 soldiers. Impressed by this, I got a bit more back to Napoleonic wars. Then I bought Cossacks 2: European wars on PC, and this made the final push. I finally saw what I wanted. And now, I'm buying soldiers everywhere.

The series I watched on canvas later turned out to be "Napoleon" with G

That's a great story there. Which reminds me, I really need to play Cossacks 2 again!

Also, when I was in Les Invalides, I saw Napoleon's coat, and he really wasn't that small. The confusion comes from the fact that his height is five foot four in French feet, which corresponds to something larger in English feet, but most people take the figure as five English feet four. He was actually taller than the average Frenchman. He surrounded himself with his Old Guard, who towered over him, though, making him seem small. Also, his nickname was "the little corporal". This did not mean he was physically small, but that he got on well with his soldiers, but this has been misunderstood frequently.

The Russians are coming soon, also.

This is really an interesting thread!

While we wait for the Russian torso's, we have a chance to learn how we all got interested in the Napoleonic wars and history.

It's great to read all these stories!!

This is really an interesting thread!

While we wait for the Russian torso's, we have a chance to learn how we all got interested in the Napoleonic wars and history.

It's great to read all these stories!!

OK then I will add one ...

As boy (I think I was younger then 10) I saw in my fathers modelling journal a picture of an 54 mm soldier of this time.

Later on there was an article headed with "the return from balkalava", where somebody made a lot of figures in 54 mm scale based on the picture below.

p068.jpg

The exciting thing was, that he had used soldiers of the 8th army as base material ....

Growing up I did a lot of painting with Airfix 1/72 figures based on the Funcken books (and specialized on Napoleonic wars).

Then I tried to do some small adaptations of Airfix 54 mm figures and ended up with some Austrians of the 7 years war also built up from 8th army figures ...

I stopped that for a very long time due to studying and working.

When browsing LEGO bricks with my youngest son I found a lot of minifigs and as I saw some adaptations of the Napoleonic area I started to do some of my own.

That's it. Maybe I can rebuild this picture of french troops entering the fort of Malborghet. The decals are ready, the minifigs are ordered. Let's see ....

Andreas

... Voyna i mir is strange. Some of it is French with subtitles, some is Russian with subtitles, some is dubbed with English and some is Russian with no subtitles. I really don't know why.

A DVD critic with some pictures .... ?

http://www.dvdoutsider.co.uk/dvd/reviews/w..._and_peace.html

Who's interested should take a look on youtube. There I found some film sequences from different films and also some privates scenes taken from the (now I think yearly) event at Austerlitz. There are different groups acting in historical unifroms ...

I'm wondering how easily these toros designs can be printed for use on an actual mini-figure? Are they at the appropriate scale or will they need to be adjusted before printing?

I'm wondering how easily these toros designs can be printed for use on an actual mini-figure? Are they at the appropriate scale or will they need to be adjusted before printing?

They need to be adjusted to the right size. But that only takes a minute.

You never tried one of the custom decals? I recommend to give it a try.

No, as I don't have a working printer it makes it very difficult to print them out! X-D

That's where libraries enter the story.... :-$

You might be onto something Mr Maedhros! But as I struggle to find the time to build many MOCs without any customs I'm going to have quite a challenge going out of my way to print torso designs at the library.

Usually when I'm in the library printing my assignments... Or working on them. Which reminds me... I should get back to working on this exhibition review thats due on Wednesday...

Russia:

Infantry:

russ1xk4.png

Light infantry -1805

russ5fs6.png

Light infantry 1812-1814:

russ2gq5.png

Officer of infantry:

russ4jv4.png

Pavlov Grenadier:

russ6ns4.png

Guard cossack:

russ8af0.png

Officer of guard cossacks:

russ7is1.png

Trumpeter of guard cossacks:

russ10ge0.png

Dragoon:

russ9wp8.png

Uhlan:

russ11bp2.png

Hussar:

russ12gi1.png

Cuirassier:

russ13ry1.png

Mounted jaeger:

russ14yn4.png

Senior officer:

russ15de0.png

To Bonaparte: Thanks for putting all my designs in the library. However, I'd be very grateful if you could move my Brunswick lieb body from the British to the Brunswick section.

To Norrington: I must apologise, but I've never tried to do faces before, and I just couldn't make one that looked good. I apologise.

coming next: War and Peace, Spanish infantry and cavalry, Portugese cazadores

Edited by bonaparte

Wow, those are some nice Russian decals good job.

To Bonaparte: Thanks for putting all my designs in the library. However, I'd be very grateful if you could move my Brunswick lieb body from the British to the Brunswick section.

Done!

Those Russians look awesome!

Btw, did the Mamelukes have a special uniform in the French army?