sheo

[MOC] Terex RH400 Mining Excavator (Obsolete)

So I used to replace some parts that I don't have and use some different solutions.

Good work! :thumbup:

Nice photo Blakbird! I see that you have rebuilt the base with black panels. What a hard work!

Looks good Blaky. What setup did you use? I need something like that as well.

I'm using a 3-point light setup I got from Amazon.

640x426.jpg

Terex looks small comparing to the crane. :)

Yes, but the Terex has 1000 more parts!

This is amazing. Are the instructions hard to follow or quite easy?.

They are quite easy to follow, but I've found some steps where some parts are tricky to build. I've reviewed the CAD file from the base and have taken some corrections, but in general the steps with Callouts I could left unchanged, I wouldn't change too much on Sheos' work.

An instruction example will follow soon.

Greetings

Alex

Simply a work of art, congratulations to Sheo and those who helped in any way to this wonder can be recreated by other passionate lego, unfortunately I do not have some pieces to complete such work, here in Brazil is difficult to obtain parts.Please forgive me, I do not speak and write in English, I used google translator.

Edited by geruz

I hope, Sheo will complete his instructions, that we can build this beast :classic: .

But I've made more compact instructions for the base: http://www.bricksafe.com/files/afol1969/Instructions/Terex.pdf

It's still not perfect, the chain links have to be rearranged for a correct placing.

But I'm working now on Gerger's GMK Crane instructions reviewing, and anyway, I still don't have all parts to build the excavator.

Greetings

Alex

Thank you for your efforts, Alex!

The are some minor issues though. For example, adding 3L axle at step 5 makes it impossible to connect an assembly at step 15.

Yes, I've seen it. Indeed the instructions need some overview, for that I have to build the model to get the right step order: Stepping, building, correct part orders, disassemble model, rebuild, last step control and so on....

Greetings

Alex

By the way, I want to thank Blakbird for bringing Terex to BrickCon!

I'm not sure how you noticed, but I was glad to bring it! I brought 10 models, and your shovel was easily the most popular with the public. Everyone wanted to see it operate. It held up very well to being used all weekend.

By the way, I spent the weekend before BrickCon removing the batteries and I can confirm that it is possible. It took several hours, but actually wasn't that bad once I figured out how to do it. I replaced the batteries with a brick built 4x16 counterweight box, and then used an extension cable and a train regulator to power the model at the con. That worked really well because I never ran out of power. The tether was not a big problem because the model moves so slowly anyway.

Although those disks (I guess you mean part 2723) aren't that rare and not expensive either, you could also use normal wedge pulleys: http://rebrickable.com/parts/4185

Heh, I was racking my brains what other parts are that size and never thought of those! I have 55 of them, which is plenty :)

If possible I won't buy anything from BL for this ( I have ordered some 15100 pins from LEGO)

BachAddict, please let us know how the pulleys work when you're done building. I'm a little bit worried about side supports on the track treads.

71f7a3f9jw1elt3ha7t11j218g0xcgzz.jpg

just finished this one! Now it is my favourite MOC. Sheo, thank you for creating this MOC and instruction. Please, come up with more creation similar to this one!

kandykop, thank you for the photo!

Hi, Alex,

I suppose you meant better instructions? I am very sorry, but I think that I should concentrate on designing new MOCs.

As for CAD file, I only have a buggy LDD model. You should ask Blakbird for the LDraw model of Terex.