Sign in to follow this  
TrumpetKing

CMF Mafia 2 - Day 2 - Special Delivery

I find it very odd that Helen continues to say "Hey, let's claim who we are" but hasn't actually done that yet.

Oh, haven't I? :hmpf:

What's this, Bleeb?

I'm the Mummy.

I for one though have every reason to believe that Monsters could still be Monsters without in fact matching all the monstery stereotypes.

Are you saying that you have a non-monstery alter ego?

Also, not only did the faith healers confirm that not all townies have monster identities, but they also confirmed that they were put in the style of "monster ______", which a scum member had no wayof knowing (unless somebody let it slip).

It follows the format of the previous chapter, which is public knowledge for everyone to see here.

... but if Helen says they are less monstrous than Fortune Teller, I'll have to believe her judgement.

... and as I said, we'll have to go with Helen's judgement.

Considering that all the power roles we know of so far don't fall into what would usually be called a monster (Fortune Teller, Scarecrow, whatever the Faith Healers are) one might come to the conclusion that that power role equals non-monstrous secret identity. Or not, I have no idea, and I don't want to discuss this theory too much, as it only helps the scum.

You seem to be putting a lot of faith in Helen. I hope you have a very good reason for doing so.

This issue with the non-monstrous alter egos is still bugging me. I know it doesn't have to fit the pattern of what happened in previous chapters, but it is bugging me nevertheless. I, for one, need some conclusion on this issue and don't particularly want to spend the next x days speculating. It is putting me at odds with some people (potentially unnecessarily) because I don't have the same blind faith in our claimed investigator.

I propose everyone sends me their alter egos via PM. I'll report back if there are duplicates and what the number of non-monstrous identities there are, or we can decide as a group on what we do with the information.

I'm a vanilla Monster and, apart from some lacklustre intelligence, it would not be the greatest loss to the Monsters if the Council decided to take me out as a result of this proposal and any consequent actions. History suggests that, in the absence of a personal bodyguard, I don't have long to live anyway.

You seemed really really insistent on voting off Kingsley. This is just on the last page of Day 1, I'm not sure if there are more posts like this, but why are you so pushy that we vote him off?

How can you say this seriously when you are the one that hammered him??

I'll do it, but only to have a lynch. I'm not one hundred percent certain on this.

Vote: Kingsley of the Starfish / KingOfTheZempk

Why are people claiming their roles so quickly, especially on day one. Also, scarecrow doesn't seem like a "blocky" type of person. While it does scare away crows, it's not necessarily a blocker. Is it? I don't know. It is more monstery then Fortune Teller. :hmpf:

Does anyone think this vote is flim-flammy, wishy-washy in the first place? Doesn't it read like he's trying to play both sides? Isn't this off even for Bleeb??

Since you'll probably need me to spell it out for you anyway, here goes: my alter-ego is a Monster, and yet, it is pretty human and none too monstrous either. As a matter of fact, at first I actually thought my alter-ego was my role, even though I was given to understand I had no night action in my bio. I haven't played the first chapter, remember? And I try not to metagame... And yes, as you could probably tell, it took me a few hours from Day One to actually get a grasp on things.

Is this yet another soft claim? Isn't all of this soft claiming negating the arguments about revealing too much to the Scum? How many roles did the Town have in the first one, anyway?

You seem to be putting a lot of faith in Helen. I hope you have a very good reason for doing so.

Am I wrong to suggest that nobody should be putting such faith in me as nothing has verified me?

History suggests that, in the absence of a personal bodyguard, I don't have long to live anyway.

What makes you think this?

What exactly have you done that people should put faith in you?

I propose everyone sends me their alter egos via PM. I'll report back if there are duplicates and what the number of non-monstrous identities there are, or we can decide as a group on what we do with the information.

I recall there was a spat between you and Helen yesterday. I know I shouldn't put my faith in Helen because she hasn't been confirmed, but neither have you. Why should I trust you over Helen? Why should I trust either of you at all?

Are you saying that you have a non-monstery alter ego?

It follows the format of the previous chapter, which is public knowledge for everyone to see here.

This issue with the non-monstrous alter egos is still bugging me. I know it doesn't have to fit the pattern of what happened in previous chapters, but it is bugging me nevertheless. I, for one, need some conclusion on this issue and don't particularly want to spend the next x days speculating. It is putting me at odds with some people (potentially unnecessarily) because I don't have the same blind faith in our claimed investigator.

I'm a vanilla Monster and, apart from some lacklustre intelligence, it would not be the greatest loss to the Monsters if the Council decided to take me out as a result of this proposal and any consequent actions. History suggests that, in the absence of a personal bodyguard, I don't have long to live anyway.

Kelly, there's no way I'm blindly sending you my alter ego. If somebody can get confirmed as Town, then that's a different story. Why is everybody so nonchalant about this?

I'd suggest not sending your alter ego's to Kelly, that seems like a worse idea than stating them in the thread.

How can you say this seriously when you are the one that hammered him??

Does anyone think this vote is flim-flammy, wishy-washy in the first place? Doesn't it read like he's trying to play both sides? Isn't this off even for Bleeb??

Is this yet another soft claim? Isn't all of this soft claiming negating the arguments about revealing too much to the Scum? How many roles did the Town have in the first one, anyway?

Am I wrong to suggest that nobody should be putting such faith in me as nothing has verified me?

What makes you think this?

What exactly have you done that people should put faith in you?

Bleeb getting caught trying to shove blame elsewhere while being the one that hammered down a PR already is why he's heading up my vote ladder right now.

Why should I trust either of you at all?

Yes!!

Kelly, there's no way I'm blindly sending you my alter ego. If somebody can get confirmed as Town, then that's a different story. Why is everybody so nonchalant about this?

Isn't she saying she doesn't believe the claimed investigator? Doesn't that mean nobody should be confirmed at this point? :wacko:

I quick look says we had a Cop, a Doctor, a Vig and a Blocker.

SNIP

NO! why should we trust you? This is a bad idea. If we were to reveal our alter egos, the only person I would remotely 'trust' is the unconfirmed-but-not-counterclaimed cop; Dereck.

Yes!!

Isn't she saying she doesn't believe the claimed investigator? Doesn't that mean nobody should be confirmed at this point? :wacko:

Which is why I haven't given out my identity to anybody, I don't feel strongly enough about anybody to give them information because nobody is confirmed town at this point.

Helen, do you trust the investigator?

I'll say it again, but I seriously think we should hold back from everyone claiming their alter egos for now. I know that's hypocritical coming from me but the scum have already seen two figures relate to roles and that's probably enough to make connections with other figures. I definitely say hold off until later down the line like last game.

I quick look says we had a Cop, a Doctor, a Vig and a Blocker.

Shouldn't we have two Faith Healers and no Doctor this time?

Helen, do you trust the investigator?

Maybe.

Faith in her judgement. If she's made everything up, what's the point in asking her to "reveal" the identities? And if she speaks the truth about the claims, when she says that the Faith Healer's identities are less monstrous, I'll roll with that.

Not going to happen. I won't trust either of you until you're proven to be monsters, but you haven't done anything that suggests you are town.

I'll say it again, but I seriously think we should hold back from everyone claiming their alter egos for now. I know that's hypocritical coming from me but the scum have already seen two figures relate to roles and that's probably enough to make connections with other figures. I definitely say hold off until later down the line like last game.

What Prevents us from sending them to you, only you. Would that help the scum?

Why is everyone assuming Caitie was a PR? Is

This a know fact?

What Prevents us from sending them to you, only you. Would that help the scum?

No, it wouldn't help the scum, I'm saying releasing them publicly or sending them to multiple people would. Sending them to me would actually probably work, if people are willing to trust me, and a few still aren't.

Ugh. Part of me wants to be annoyed we're still dealing with this alter ego stuff. The other part of me knows that we probably wouldn't have a lot to discuss otherwise.

I agree. Between Helen saying these faith healers have non-monster-esque identities, combined with yours, plus Kingsley's, I don't think we're going to be gaining anything anyway. The scum won't have to risk claiming monster alter egos when they can claim a less-than-monstery one and let everyone assume they have a role.

Frankly, where has analyzing this crap gotten us? A very likely PR lynch, plus our investigator outing himself? I don't want to put any more stock into these alter egos than we already have. That said, the discussion revolving around the issues has been telling to say the least.

No, it wouldn't help the scum, I'm saying releasing them publicly or sending them to multiple people would. Sending them to me would actually probably work, if people are willing to trust me, and a few still aren't.

Which is what I suggested; did you have trouble understanding my post?

What makes you anywhere near confirmed?? And this is coming from me, the guy who's very much in favor of a massclaim! :laugh:

Helen/Derek are better choices for a massclaim. However, neither are regarded by everyone to be town. Derek is the better choice since he's got a role that would be likely to be contested, yet isn't. King was the blocker and we have no reason to believe that a vampire could be an investigator (plus Caitie even removed her vote from Derek), so if there's another cop, they're still alive, an I think they would have come forward to someone by now. However, Derek did get results, and the scum blocker's gotta still be out there as well, so that's what worries me...

If we're claiming (which would be a great idea), it should be to Derek, really. Is there anyone who'd dig in their heels and not do it besides Captain Hottie McHotterson and Sally the arsonist?

Aren't we forgetting something? Don't the Scum already know who the Town are? Isn't soft claiming handing them a target? Haven't we already given them more info that makes them even more informed than we are now?

Is it possible that Kellie threw her little "megabluck you" fit yesterday because she's frustrated from having to read the Scum writeboard and all of this and appear Town? Could that be why she was feeling so much pressure that she had to flip out? Is the term "Scum Perspective" really trademarked?

If we're claiming (which would be a great idea), it should be to Derek, really. Is there anyone who'd dig in their heels and not do it besides Captain Hottie McHotterson and Sally the arsonist?

If you must know, I have softclaimed to Helen.

Which is what I suggested; did you have trouble understanding my post?

No, that first post I made wasn't to you, it was just to the general idea of publicly claiming. If it's one person that has a role that hasn't been counterclaimed and that was claimed in the beginning it's not as bad and I definitely think it could help us. But if it's to multiple people or in public then I think it's a really bad idea.

If you must know, I have softclaimed to Helen.

Why am I the only person you've claimed to if you're still acting somewhat dodgy in private?

NO! why should we trust you? This is a bad idea. If we were to reveal our alter egos, the only person I would remotely 'trust' is the unconfirmed-but-not-counterclaimed cop; Dereck.

Derek already knows my alter ego, so I'd be OK with this. As long as he promises not to share the full list with Helen or Timmy.

Helen already knows my alter ego too, which means Timmy probably knows as well.

Is it possible that Kellie threw her little ... fit yesterday because she's frustrated from having to read the Scum writeboard and all of this and appear Town? Could that be why she was feeling so much pressure that she had to flip out? Is the term "Scum Perspective" really trademarked?

Another lie from Helen, presumably designed to push my buttons and try and get me to spit the dummy again. The dummy spit yesterday was the result of a very frustrating discussion I had with Helen yesterday about alter egos. A discussion that I thought was resolved because it turns out the misunderstanding was based on an honest mistake made by another party, yet she is still using it to portray me as scum.

Yes, I purposely edited out the swearing (out of the quote above) because I'm not particularly proud of that.