Hi folks, hi efferman,

my U406 covers arrived today. The pieces are in a good quality the surface is a little grainy. Next timeI'll order the polished version. But a little sanding and paint and everything will be OK.

The rewards go to efferman. He did the job designing them. THANKS!!! And all the best for the coming days!!!

But take a look yourself.

On the weekend I'll paint them in RAL 3020 which match stye Lego red best.

U406_cover_efferman_01.JPG

U406_cover_efferman_02.JPG

U406_cover_efferman_03.JPG

U406_cover_efferman_04.JPG

So far

Pat

Edited by Pat-Ard

They look like you could use them for a drag race car or a street rod. Because they look perfect.

thanks for the pictures, how does the cross hole fit and how good looks the bolt mothers like boltmothers?

The cross hole was a bit grainy. I just tried with an axle and after some doing the axle fits... I didn't even needed a file...

The bolts look good, you have to take very close look. I think they'll come out better if the covers are painted...

And again!!! THANKS!!!

Pat

Hi Efferman,

End of this month i'm going to order some parts of your designs and i will take pictures and show them here on this topic also.

I realy can't wait to have them! :wub:

Gruße,

Richard

I would like order the truck-rims for the 8110 tyres and fenderparts for the 8110 wheels.

But i have to see if my mounthly hobby-budget is enough for this compleetly or i must do order it in two times.

My order came in today: four of your U500 covers. They look good as well, I made the axle holes a bit bigger and sanded the surface lightly. This weekend I'll paint them and put some images here of the finished product on my 8110.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

Hello Efferman,

I hope you are alright in the hospital. I am going to order the parts, I have 1 question.

Can you maybe make a bigger LA? Or is this too difficult?

Thanks, iam fine. The bigger linear aktuator should be possible, and iam working on one with a stroke of 15 studs, but it needs a lot of material. So it willnot be cheap.

Well, I dont like that it's a metal actuator and I dont know why they made that weird end but it looks funky :sceptic: .

That would be too large for any of my MOCs, but it looks great! How about making the top piston have 2 axle/pin holes?

tim

on the actuator everything is experimental and the size is more for a crane like 42009. before to think about different lengths, it has to work. especially something like the overload clutch. this is the point which iam stuck

a new rim for 49,5x20 in difference to the original rim, now with six hole mounting. pivotpoint of the 42000 steering hub is now directly on side of the tire

13168952423_22e1654bd0_z.jpg

edit:

and a part for quick couplers

674x501_1785993_2364248_1394902809.jpg

Edited by efferman