just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

I have been away for over a week and haven't had any chance to cheak this forum. I just wanted to know if someone could update me on the latest information. It would be much appreciated. :classic:

Nothing new, unless you haven't seen The Hobbit game's poster which included the mighty Smaug there, just turn 1 page back and you would see :)

My bad, forgot that. Courtesy of Kevkipo:

12521588105_667b7733e9.jpg

Floundie also posted a high-resolution version a few more posts down.

So the Hobbit Demo is now on

You can download it at the Lego Website

Of course my computer wont load it because i have a crappy computer

It started and right when Bombur fell down in the Halls of the Goblin king, Booms Frozen!

Dangit Naggit :cry_sad:

Awesome, hopefully the PS3 version will follow soon.

The game demo shows more of lego smaug, So if thats the smaug we get thats 10 new molds for one figure. So if you're wondering why the piece count is so low with the price so high, thats propably why.

New legs x2 printed

New jaw painted

New tail piece

Body printed

Neck

"arms" x2

extended wing

Head printed

This looks extremely thin to me: http://img24.eu/images/slkfgteg.png

well thats jsut cg weirderly, youc can see the entire wing part looks different on the other side. It might even be that the wings connect to those ltitle balls, by some technictype cross pole thing molded into the wing.

The game demo shows more of lego smaug, So if thats the smaug we get thats 10 new molds for one figure. So if you're wondering why the piece count is so low with the price so high, thats propably why.

New legs x2 printed

New jaw painted

New tail piece

Body printed

Neck

"arms" x2

extended wing

Head printed

You have a pic of that? my comp wont load it :cry_sad:

In the demo you only see very little. Check the end of this video to find out:

Argh, why do they keep teasing us? :grin: Can't wait to see more details :sweet:

Interestingly, Smaug's got black fingers (this part: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=11090 ) in the clip instead of dk red ones as shown on the boxart :wacko: Hopefully the ones in the set will be dark red, black ones are quite common and don't look as accurate :wink:

Awesome :D

I'll try to load it again! i want it so badly!

Im very afraid that the game wont load on my computer

I've just pre-ordered a PC-ROM i hope it works :cry_happy:

Argh, why do they keep teasing us? :grin: Can't wait to see more details :sweet:

Interestingly, Smaug's got black fingers (this part: http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=11090 ) in the clip instead of dk red ones as shown on the boxart :wacko: Hopefully the ones in the set will be dark red, black ones are quite common and don't look as accurate :wink:

Oh, I hadnt noticed that, but something seemed off. they do indeed look alot better in red. All the black gets a bit harsh.

Here is a better pic of his jaw.

2vi2ipc.png

Edited by deskp

*sigh* no news makes me sad.

Is anyone disappointed with the molded Smaug? Me personally, I sould liked to have seen those new Chima/Mixel ball joints used to make a dragon.

I honestly don't think the color or shape of the molded one is remotely close to the movie version.

Is anyone disappointed with the molded Smaug? Me personally, I sould liked to have seen those new Chima/Mixel ball joints used to make a dragon.

I honestly don't think the color or shape of the molded one is remotely close to the movie version.

I have mixed feelings. On the one hand I wanted a molded Smaug because I figured it would look more organic and closer to Smaug in the movie in terms of curves and shape. On the other hand I was really hoping for something brick built so it would be larger and more menacing since Lego can't even come close to Smaug's scale with a fully molded creature. I would of loved to have seen what Lego could of done if they mixed molded and brick built parts, like they have with other dragons. I don't think the Lego minifigures or pieces look as good in the video games as they do as real pieces. I will have to wait and see the actual Smaug figure before I make my final judgement.

In the new Thorin's thirteen (Ocean's 13 parody) trailer you briefly see Smaug and his lair.

In the new Thorin's thirteen (Ocean's 13 parody) trailer you briefly see Smaug and his lair.

Really? Is there a link?

Who cares about Smaug! At 1:06 we get what looks like our first look at Dain?! And later on some new helms' which appear to be for the dwarven soldiers (or maybe they are orc ones, hard to tell)?

EDIT: Nevermind, they definetly look like new dwarven helmets. Look on the right side at 1:14-1:15, it looks like a dwarf soldier with helm and shield.

Edited by Deathleech

In that trailer you can also see Dain Ironfoot's minifigure version, looks good! :sweet: