Dorayaki

Non-physical Lego Characters In Physical?

Flash's Rogues, Brainiac, Black Canary, Red Hood(or at least Robin II), Red afro clown goon, Riddler henchmen(2008? video game). Dem suits were just snazzy! :grin:

Usually licensed video games reuse old phyisical hairpieces instead of inventing new parts by themselves. One of the most surprising hairpieces from recent characters would be Gwen Stacy IMO.

Gwen_Stacy.png

Argh, why won't they make a figure of her already!?! Not that the one I made with purist parts is bad, but it would be nice to have an official one. Well, at least we get MJ in the upcoming April wave!

Another great figure would be classic Green Goblin like in the video game. Alas, I don't think TLG can get the rights to him :(

Edited by Jared

I just tried to observe any detail from TLM, but as result I can't find one obvious non-physical character that didn't appear in any TLM set. The "Michelangelo" is left to be the only answer which was already in spoilers. Some other "new charactes" could be those who came with hair-in-helmet, just like Emmet and Gail. But their names are not told, just like many other characters from the physical set.

It's not surprising after some thoughts. Maybe TLC only put characters beside the protagonists that come from old licensed sets, or can be MOCed from any generic minifigure, so that the whole movie can look like a world that is built by "consumers".

But maybe the video game content would point out more minor characters who didn't have any role in this film. I'd check it later.

Robot Wyldstyle. Not really a different character but still. Also, the construction worker who "loves BIG sausages!" :roflmao:

Besides that...I think they got everyone else in either the TLM sets or other themes.

Argh, why won't they make a fgure of her already!?! Not that the one I made with purist parts is bad, but it would be nice to have an official one. Well, at least we get MJ in the upcoming April wave!

Another great figure would be classic Green Goblin like in the video game. Alas, I don't think TLG can get the rights to him :(

Well, maybe MJ is less exciting for no exclusive hairpiece. The problem is there's no set based on the upcoming movie where GS has an important role (though it's another debatable issue).

Well, maybe MJ is less exciting for no exclusive hairpiece. The problem is there's no set based on the upcoming movie where GS has an important role (though it's another debatable issue).

Thought LEGO didn't have the licence to do Amazing Spider-Man movie sets?

I would like to see some of the characters from the Lego Movie made into real figs, particularly the lady in the green summer torso with spots and the guy with braces. The figures in the saloon are also fantastic - can anybody find any pics?

@ Jared

I think they can, if they get it from the comics, like the doc ock

Oh my goodness, you're right, they can! They were able to do Doc Ock because he was from the video game, so I'm sure they can do her! Hopefully TLG is reading this message right now and her figure is already in the works ... :laugh:

I wouldn't say it's the hairpiece, it's more that I just don't like MJ that much as a charcter. I read comics, so the charcters in the comics impact a lot of what I think about the minifig. However, I can't deny that the figure looks great.

Yeah, GS is a bit debatable, but hey, I for one am really excited to get a Rocket Raccoon minifigure! I really wish LEGO could get the license though... doesn't mega bloks still have it?

I would love to see a whole range of characters from LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, notably the likes of Carnage, comic Green Goblin, Doctor Strange, Dormammu and Winter Soldier. Sinestro from LEGO Batman 2 would be great as well, and the other LEGO games have also had plenty of characters which I would want to see in physical form, but I am unable to recall them right now.

Sounds like this. Not sure it is a bad thing since I'm no fan of the new movies. :hmpf_bad:

Robot Wyldstyle. Not really a different character but still. Also, the construction worker who "loves BIG sausages!" :roflmao:

Besides that...I think they got everyone else in either the TLM sets or other themes.

It was suggested before, and I think TLC wouldn't be willing to make the third exclusive headpiece for Wyldstyle unless here hairstyle would be regarded as generic in the future.

I didn't quite remember the sausage guy since he didn't have recognizable looks, but I don't mind to see him again in future City construction sets. And it does prove that having a personality doesn't mean consumers want you to be physical, which is more important in Lego World.

Edited by Dorayaki

Disney bought the rights from Sony for all Spider-man merchandising. So really Lego could make sets for it if that was what Disney wanted. But based on the fact that they just used similar villains in the USM sets sort of shows that they'd rather milk the show while they can. I mean there's going to be at least four more Spider-man films, but probably only a season or two more for USM. So I guess it's logical to get as much as they can out of USM before switching over to the movies.

Argh, why won't they make a figure of her already!?! Not that the one I made with purist parts is bad, but it would be nice to have an official one. Well, at least we get MJ in the upcoming April wave!

She's high on my list of much needed minifigures. I have a purist custom too, but it pails in comparison to the variant in the game. I can only hope there's an exclusive set yet to be revealed with her in it, or maybe a set next year. It's a shame not to have comic GG either. I suppose if this theme lasts long enough we'll get both.

Disney bought the rights from Sony for all Spider-man merchandising. So really Lego could make sets for it if that was what Disney wanted. But based on the fact that they just used similar villains in the USM sets sort of shows that they'd rather milk the show while they can. I mean there's going to be at least four more Spider-man films, but probably only a season or two more for USM. So I guess it's logical to get as much as they can out of USM before switching over to the movies.

She's high on my list of much needed minifigures. I have a purist custom too, but it pails in comparison to the variant in the game. I can only hope there's an exclusive set yet to be revealed with her in it, or maybe a set next year. It's a shame not to have comic GG either. I suppose if this theme lasts long enough we'll get both.

Well there are many other Marvel series so it is reasonable to make choose one only. Now suppose that most Superhero sets are bound with a film or TV series, Gwen Stacy won't be in any set unless the rule breaks (using a comic reference or switching to the movie) or she appears in USM.

Not sure if it counts as licensed (it IS listed under licensed themes despite being recursively based off of the company's own property) but it annoys me that Michelangelo (as well as The Statue of David and Traffic Enforcer) isn't a physical thing; it leaves the collection of Master Builders incomplete.

Can we just make the separate topic for non-licensed non-physical already?

Uh, some previous replies also want to make non-licensed discussion in the same thread. I do think original Lego stories and universe deserve its own thread.

I love to get the rest of the PotC cast, especially: Cutler Beckett, Tia Dalmah, Pintel & Ragetti. (Let's hope when PotC returns in 2016, if they still have the license by then.)

As for other licensed minifigures:

DC: Rah's Al Ghul, Clayface, Green Lantern, Sinestro, Cyborg ( & updated Alfred)

Marvel: Sabretooth, Mystique, Beast, Gambit, classic Green Goblin & the Fantastic 4

LotR: Faramir, Sauron, Witch-King & Éowyn

Hobbit: the 3 Trolls: Bert, Tom & William

Edited by Cammo

Okay, sorry.

No need for apology. :classic: I'll find some time to start a new thread with proper content.

Edited by Dorayaki

Now the Simpsons Birck Like Me has been on air. Though the TV version designs are not similar with real ones, it does give us choices. I really want to see Moe and twin aunts.... :cry_sad:

I love to get the rest of the PotC cast, especially: Cutler Beckett, Tia Dalmah, Pintel & Ragetti. (Let's hope when PotC returns in 2016, if they still have the license by then.)

As for other licensed minifigures:

DC: Rah's Al Ghul, Clayface, Green Lantern, Sinestro, Cyborg ( & updated Alfred)

Marvel: Sabretooth, Mystique, Beast, Gambit, classic Green Goblin & the Fantastic 4

LotR: Faramir, Sauron, Witch-King & Éowyn

Hobbit: the 3 Trolls: Bert, Tom & William

Lets not forget for The Hobbit: Orcrist, Thranduil's Elk, Bear Beorn, and some more!

Behold, the grandaddy of non-physical characters...

Reminded me of Little Robots, which LEGO also had connections to.

Wow, this character is older than me :look: , sorry for my lack of knowledge about it. So it is a scene from Edward and Friends the show. In today's view I guess Tinpot may be redesigned as a buildable robot?

http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=5926631

Edited by Dorayaki

Oh please, don't apologize for it :p

I suppose you could fashion a MOC of some kind, a red ball joint, Mixel eyes, a "dish" piece, etc. Love to see somebody give it a shot.

On a side note, I've been planning out my own Clutch Powers figures:

Clutch Powers

Headpiece: Proper black hairpiece (Eric/Jack Fury)

Head: 3626cpb857.jpg?1 or 3626bpb776.jpg?1

Torso: Indiana Jones's

Legs: Woody's (Hips) and normal blue (Legs) (as illustrated in this pic)

Bernie Von Beam

Headpiece: I got nothing; not only can't I find any hair even remotely resemblant (spiky) to his in orange (even the flat top due to Brick Masterson's usage of it), but I also can't find the wheel piece he places on his head in orange, and it doesn't fit on a minifigure head realistically anyway. So just pretend he's "bald" like when he's without his hair in the film.

Head:3626bpb116.jpg?1

Torso: Not a perfect fit, but this green jacket: d4e4o5g414n3y404j4k5c4p274v2r2h4v5f4042354v2r294x2u2.jpg

Legs: Just plain bright orange, though the hips could be more accurate (missing the belt)

Brick Masterson

Headpiece: Silver Fireman Hat or Brown (not sure which brown) flat top hair.

Head: 3626bpb019.jpg (could be more accurate, maybe?)

Torso: City Forest Fireman

Legs City Forest Fireman (Hips) and normal dark bley (Legs)

Peg Mooring

Headpiece: 93562.jpg?1 Not the most accurate, but perhaps the closest you could get to it.

Head: 3626bpb739.jpg

Torso: I have no idea, so possibly just plain dark red with yellow arms.

Legs: Possibly just plain dark red.

Please say if your have any superior suggestions!