imvanya

[LDD MOCs] imvanya's sports cars

imvanya,

Thank-you very much for your various lxf files, all of your cars are fricking awesome. My imagination could never come up with these great designs, you can bet I'll have a bunch of 'em in my Lego City train layout.

Looking forward to any new creations by you................. :thumbup: :thumbup:

It would be great to see any of these brick-built, 'ritztoys', so if you actually end up building some, please post them in the forum :classic:

I seem to be back in the MOCing saddle, because it is hardly a week since my last post and I already have a new MOC to share. The .lxf can be found here

15464950938_72e6795089_c.jpg

15464459339_d2b969b6af_c.jpg

Comments and critique are welcome, as well as brick-building them :wink:

You can count on me to post pictures of your creations in 'brick form'. :thumbup:

I was able to build two of them with parts I already had in my MOC inventory, although I lacked the 1x2 curved slopes in completely finishing those two cars.

Bricklink to the rescue, parts will arrive in a day or two.

I noticed in some of your 'city cars', they use a "bracket" to be the car chassis, very clever. http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=4732

I need to stock up on some of the wheel attachment bricks to chassis, I've used mine all up. http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=4488

I've really enjoyed the building results, and the clever use of some common parts, used in entirely different way. :look:

If you keep 'designing', I'll promise to keep 'building'. :wink:

The interesting thing I've noticed is, TLG can't even come close to match these beauties you have designed, keep up your great work. :thumbup: :thumbup:

As I promised, pictures and some happy Guys..................

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

Keep 'em coming, I'll keep building................. :tongue:

Well, so much for my worrying that they would fall apart when actually built. Thanks for sharing, 'ritztoys', really great seeing them built in actual bricks :classic:

Your creations are pretty darn stout, unless they hit the floor, they stay together very well. :laugh:

I got enough parts to build ( I think ) two more of your creations, yes, I'll be happy to post pictures of those future cars when I have completed them. :thumbup:

i found the Minifig "skates" very expensive, but I did purchase a pair for one of your cars, don't know which car will get these "exhaust pipes", lots of choices in your design collection. http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=11253

These are great fun to build and bring to life. :wink:

imvanya...............Do you have lxf files of all those creations on your Flickr gallery? There are some really great looking vehicles on there I'd love to build. :wub:

I've uploaded all of these cars to a folder at Brickshelf, and there are also a few other MOCs (a few 4-wide cars, a few 8-wide trucks, even a building), feel free to build anything you like

UPD: I've since moved the files to Bricksafe, they can be found here.

Edited by imvanya

You're a Saint, ( Lego Saint that is ) thanks so much for your links. I see plenty of vehicles to build and add to my city. :wink:

My design talents are next to null, these are sooo good, you should work for TLG! :thumbup:

I'm currently waiting for various brackets and some cosmetic parts to finish two more of your cars.

Now look what you've done................ I need more parts for the others I want to build from your Flickr gallery. ( thanks for posting btw. :laugh: )

I'll post pictures of the next two vehicles, when those parts arrive..................

the second one.

14945575623_5652298fc7_c.jpg

Built the above last night, had to make several changes due to bricks on hand (also the piece used for the headlights doesn't exist in Trans colors as far as I could tell), but this is one strong build i'll post up a picture later on if anyone would like to see it in the brick. Thanks for an amazing GT-R for my Towns people! Edited by GallardoLU

(also the piece used for the headlights doesn't exist in Trans colors as far as I could tell)

Yep, that's something you should look out for when it comes to these MOCs - unfortunately, I use nonexistent parts way too often :look: That's why it's great that you still manage to build them - it's much more harder than designing them digitally. However, I've been trying to use mostly existent parts lately and even downloaded LDDManager. Hopefully, it will show :classic:

So I decided to try and build something with the bricks that I have. I finally figured out how to create custom brick palettes in LDD and created one containing all of the City sets that I own (which is 3 :blush:). After a few hours of lacking every piece I needed I ended up building this. I am not very happy with the result, but considering the brick variety at my disposal (never mind the ridiculous combination of Police and Hospital stickers) and, more importantly, that it is actually brick-built, it is pretty good.

The pictures are not, though. My camera is so bad that renders look more realistic than actual pictures :laugh:

15650191740_003d345e98_o.jpg

15811397656_b8a0f1da87_o.jpg

15649609848_473d21587f_c.jpg

As I promised more of your creations in 'brick'...................

640x853.jpg

We both realize that not every brick is available in your design criteria, but even the wrong 'color' brick looks good. ( ie. White headlights )

640x853.jpg

640x853.jpg

640x853.jpg

As I mentioned before, these are great fun to build and bring to life, adds lots of vehicle variety to a city layout. :tongue:

decided to upload a picture of the car i brick built, again thank you for the design. its stunning! (and yes i used the CMF snowboard :grin: )

15837014375_c87761db37_c.jpg

Thanks for for sharing the pictures, 'ritztoys' and 'GallardoLU'!

15837014375_c87761db37_c.jpg

I also wonder what part is that slope right between the rear spoiler and the roof? My best guess is this.

Thanks for for sharing the pictures, 'ritztoys' and 'GallardoLU'!

I also wonder what part is that slope right between the rear spoiler and the roof? My best guess is this.

that's the one, felt it closed off the gap in the roof line nicely, and left a larger rear window

Wow, just wow! I haven't checked in on this thread in a while but you have a stunning array of models here. I think I'll have to try and build some over the weekend. Thank you for posting the .lxf files too. That is certainly very generous of you :thumbup::classic:

Thanks, 'Pizzareno'! I think, that if it can be built with bricks, it should be built with bricks. And as long as I don't have them myself, I should share for others to try and do it :classic:

To mark the anniversary of this topic I should do the same thing that car companies do - create a concept car :classic:

This is Ion and it is an electric sports car, simple as that. You can download the.lxf here

15926603796_7c0d6f59c9_c.jpg

15951733522_0df7f0be36_c.jpg

Thanks for commenting and building some of these cars, it is great to know someone apart from you likes what you do :blush:

Edited by imvanya