Hello again, it's been a while, but I'm back with yet another hot rod. This time I created several versions of the same design for my third Cuusoo project. The first is a large scale classic American hot rod and the second is a mid-scale custom hot rod pickup truck. I think my latest idea here is even better, because it's not just about one specific car. It's about designing your own hot rod. This is what "Hot Rod Garage" is all about.

I am proposing a set that truly captures the spirit of hot-rodding. This model, intended to be in the style of the Creator theme, includes extra pieces, so that you can customize your ride however you'd like. Choose your own body style (convertible, coupe, pickup, or sedan), wheels, tires, bench seat or bucket seats, regular doors or suicide doors, unlimited engine modifications, shift knobs, suspension height, and more. You could choose to have door handles, or a "shaved" design. Add a supercharger or keep it naturally aspirated. Place the side view mirrors at the bottom or top of the window pillar. Remove a few bricks for a "chopped top". The possibilities are endless. There could even be a sheet of various stickers you can choose from, including license plates, gauges, and paint graphics (flames, for example). I think it would be amazing if you could even choose your own color. Although, that may be asking for a bit much (it can't hurt to try). I think a modular design would work well, so that you can easily swap the engine for another and change the body style.

I tried my best to come up with a product that people would be excited over, that hasn't been produced before, and is not based on intellectual property. Even if it never becomes an official product, I'd be happy enough if this inspires people to build their own versions.

You can see check it out on the Cuusoo website here lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/52918.

10846589013_8e4bb461a0_z.jpg

This is the first version. It's 100% Lego, including the spark plug wires.

10846319426_267857ccd9_z.jpg

Here's the converitible version, with an added supercharger.

10846320476_5ed94ebb34_z.jpg

Here is the new version compared to my pickup truck version. They are built to the same scale, to show the possibility of changing body styles relatively easily. The wheel base dimensions are exactly the same.

10846320626_021fd2d747_z.jpg

This is the picture shown on Cuusoo to reflect the title "Hot Rod Garage". The idea isn't to include all the items in the picture. Although I suppose it could be neat to include a tool box and other accessories. The picture's purpose is mostly to show the potential of the proposed product.

10846588423_c2edb9db80_z.jpg

This is one of my favorite views.

10846257275_69b11b4485_z.jpg

Here's a view from the rear. I forgot to Photoshop a license plate, but it's pretty obvious that's what the white piece is intended to be.

10846402294_4c2d79b785_z.jpg

This view and the next especially remind me of my 1:8 scale version.

10846402464_c69c3997a5_z.jpg

I reused the minifig skull for a shift knob and Photshopped gauges onto 1x1 round tiles.

10846320206_bb3f5fee97_z.jpg

You may have noticed already I'm reusing the engine from the hot rod truck, to show that the engine is easily swap-able.

10846402724_73c4c5e32c_z.jpg

Here's another version with a different intake. And with an added matching trailer, obviously. The following pictures have been Photoshopped, to show the potential of customizing with different colors:

10846320886_1d4d963060_z.jpg

10846403354_0b195237fc_z.jpg

Well, that's it. I hope you enjoy my idea. If you support it also, I greatly appreciate it. Thanks much!

Nicely done. The photo before last (in yellow) reminds me of 2 recent American vehicles, the Chrysler/Plymouth Prowler and a very 'retro' GM pick up truck (can't recall the name).

That's sweet!!

Indeed, the garage is awesome! Love the details on the tool benches and everything. Well done.

Like the smoothness of the body surface, looks cool too! I wonder if rear wheels have some clearance between rubber and arches?

The garage is awesome! I'm gonna support this one for sure!

<offtopic>drdesignz, I love your lowrider VW :wub:. Do you have any picture of its engine, except for those on Flickr?</offtopic>

Thanks for the compliments!

Like the smoothness of the body surface, looks cool too! I wonder if rear wheels have some clearance between rubber and arches?

Not so much, I admit. It's tight. But not too tight. The wheels still turn, pushing the car on a surface. It probably should have been built one plate higher.

The garage is awesome! I'm gonna support this one for sure!

<offtopic>drdesignz, I love your lowrider VW :wub:. Do you have any picture of its engine, except for those on Flickr?</offtopic>

Thanks much!

I don't have one of just the engine by itself. This is the best view I could find:

8BSKkGp.jpg

Man, you've build some nice cars. I particular like this one because of the in-between-scale. I think building a convincing hotrod detailed as yours was not easy. I like the front way better than the back though. Think it's a stud (or two) too long because of the use of the arch as a wheelwell. Other than that, you've nailed the traditional american hotrod! I'd like to try and build it patternd after yours but I guess I've run out of usable bricks... Oh, and the engine and garage stuff is awesome and so is your idea of making it a cuusoo project. Good luck!