Kai NRG

Kaliphlin vs. Mitgardia (Microfigure Tournament)

Back in the good old days before the High King's throne was thrown into peril, jousting tournaments were held quite regularly. A Kaliphlin champion faces off with a Mitgardian defender!

10707167015_6c35d72c49.jpg

The Herald announces the competitors.

10707244204_7c8fb36e3f.jpg

The Kaliphlin knight's squire holds his horse at one end of the lists:

10707441293_c524786995.jpg

And the Mitgardian prepares at the other end!

10707247754_eaab30af7d.jpg

10707431993_6528dec94c.jpg 10707429503_6338a07fd7.jpg

Comments are welcome, this will probably be my last free-build for a while. I wasn't very happy myself with the tan SNOT base, I think it would have been better green, but I didn't have the pieces so there wasn't much I could do! Thanks for looking!

Nice! Kaliphlinite has no chance though. :wink: . What are the microfigs from? Nice work! :classic::thumbup:

Cool vignette, I like how you use rubber bands so that the microfigs can hold weapons :thumbup: The tents and balcony thing (can't think of the proper word) look great :wub:

Wow fantastic work! To bad you built it after the Mini Castle Contest was over, this would have been another excellent entry! Love your mini tents!

kai, it's really cool how you shell out those microfig builds, awesome stuff! Amazing how much you're getting out of a handfull of bricks!

Nice! Kaliphlinite has no chance though. :wink: . What are the microfigs from? Nice work! :classic::thumbup:

The microfigs are from a retired LEGO game, Lava Dragon. I have it. You get a yellow, white, red and blue knight.

Lovely build, you really know how to pose those microfigs for a good scene! And the rubber bands holding the weapons is a great idea :classic:

I also like the tents a lot, even if they seem a tad too small even for the microfigs. The color of the base does not bother me (wasn't this tournament held in Kaliphlin? :wink:), but some variation in color and/or structure of the ground would have been nice.

Thanks all! :sweet:

What, have the Mitgardian's rigged the game again? :grin:

The microfigs are from a retired LEGO game, Lava Dragon. I have it. You get a yellow, white, red and blue knight.

:thumbup: All four are really nice, some of my favorite microfigs!

kai, it's really cool how you shell out those microfig builds, awesome stuff! Amazing how much you're getting out of a handfull of bricks!

Thanks kabel!

Lovely build, you really know how to pose those microfigs for a good scene! And the rubber bands holding the weapons is a great idea :classic:

I also like the tents a lot, even if they seem a tad too small even for the microfigs. The color of the base does not bother me (wasn't this tournament held in Kaliphlin? :wink:), but some variation in color and/or structure of the ground would have been nice.

Thanks! Yes, the tents are a little small even at that scale. But as long as they're in the background it's not too noticeable. I was trying to make an irregular SNOT base (using slopes and inverted slopes), but didn't have enough...

Thanks! Yes, the tents are a little small even at that scale. But as long as they're in the background it's not too noticeable. I was trying to make an irregular SNOT base (using slopes and inverted slopes), but didn't have enough...

Yes, at least viewing from the front where you get some FP effect it looks like they are a bit larger than they actually are :classic:

Irregular SNOT base, never thought of that...must try that some day :wink:

I'd like MoH Advanced Credit on this build, General Building, Microscale.

Yes, at least viewing from the front where you get some FP effect it looks like they are a bit larger than they actually are :classic:

Irregular SNOT base, never thought of that...must try that some day :wink:

I've tried it before actually. Here, for example.

It's not too hard... provided you have the pieces...

+1 for microscale. Between this and your 'the queen and I will walk now', you've definitely got microscale covered.

Very clever build Kai! I do enjoy your microscale. The whole thing kinda reminds me of the Kingdoms Joust set.

Oh and +1 for microscale for sure. :thumbup: I think we also need to make a new catagory just for you... microfigure posing! :wink::laugh:

Thanks for the pluses! :sweet:

Very clever build Kai! I do enjoy your microscale. The whole thing kinda reminds me of the Kingdoms Joust set.

Oh and +1 for microscale for sure. :thumbup: I think we also need to make a new catagory just for you... microfigure posing! :wink::laugh:

That was in fact part of my inspiration! I looked it up and down and incorporated what I could...

:laugh: I'd love that category! :grin: