Sign in to follow this  
janatale

MCB Book II: A hunt in the Clan Lands

Rasmus (Crawling in the snow) leads a group of his friends out into the Clan Lands to hunt the Northern White Wolf. A vicious dangerous creature the wolf is, however, its meat is a delicacy throughout Historica. The wealthy fools in Kaliphlin pay a lot of gold for the cured meat, which makes hunting the wolf worth the risk.

Camouflage is an important part to hunting, and the hunters use everything in their environment to get close to the Wolf. There are 5 hunters in this picture, some of them hidden with camouflage, can you find them all? :laugh:

10494090416_35f83b987d_z.jpg

10494285983_329c9f035f_z.jpg

Two hunters hide behind rocks, ready to strike.

10494108054_89ced9d1c9_z.jpg

This was my first attempt and creating a snowy environment. I found it harder than grass because of the lack of color. C&C welcome :thumbup: , especially on the tree, I modified a pine tree technique I found on youtube, and I think it came out decent.

Excellent build, the rock formation in the back corner looks great and the little pond is superb :thumbup:

The packed snow behind Rasmus is a nice detail and I like the guy hiding in the rock formation :classic:

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: I like n particular the man lying in the snow covered by the white cloak :wink:

the fig posing is great, the tree is good to but try adding a few smaller trees to balance it out.Over all, you did a great job :thumbup:

Nice tree there, I hadn't quite understood you before :grin:

The Ice and snow are well done too, however for the rocks I would suggest using only bluish gray pieces, which makes it look better IMO... Although there are some people who think it looks better combined.

A bit more snow on the rocks would make it look a bit more uniform, nice minifig posing :classic:

Thanks everyone! I'm glad people like the pond, I have about ~3,000 1x1 trans clear plates, so I am always trying to find new ways to use them.

Nice tree there, I hadn't quite understood you before :grin:

The Ice and snow are well done too, however for the rocks I would suggest using only bluish gray pieces, which makes it look better IMO... Although there are some people who think it looks better combined.

A bit more snow on the rocks would make it look a bit more uniform, nice minifig posing :classic:

Yeah that's the tree! I have always been conflicted with rocks, sometimes I like to do one color, sometimes I like to combine them. I pretty much change my mind everytime I build rocks. Though I agree some more snow would be better, I mean it does snow year round up in the clan lands.

doing snow is difficult, that's why I try to avoid it, which is kinda dumb for a Mitgardian I guess. You did an excellent job though, great looking moc!. Please do not forget to add a link to the mcb thread though!

doing snow is difficult, that's why I try to avoid it, which is kinda dumb for a Mitgardian I guess. You did an excellent job though, great looking moc!. Please do not forget to add a link to the mcb thread though!

Thanks for the reminder, done.

Great work with the environment, especially the packed snow and the tree caught my eyes :classic:

A word of advice on the photography: try to iron the backdrop prior to shooting, or post-process the background a bit to get rid of those wrinkles.

Great work with the environment, especially the packed snow and the tree caught my eyes :classic:

A word of advice on the photography: try to iron the backdrop prior to shooting, or post-process the background a bit to get rid of those wrinkles.

Good advice about ironing the backdrop, I never thought about that, and perfect timing, Sunday is my ironing day!

The packed snow behind Rasmus is a nice detail...

I didn't even noticed that, thanks for drawing the attention to it. A nice detail!