ER0L

MOCs: 100% Lego Lighting

That's a really well designed street light and looks really effective in the dark. It's really clever how you have made the PF cord part of the design!

Great work and happy building :laugh:

I really like that you were able to make such a nice light of all origial LEGO pieces/products!

How awesome! Definitely worth using in a city layout, adds a lot of personality.

Awesome. I can use a few of these in my city.

Thank you. Oh yes, I think lighting is a great thing for a Lego city.

That's a really well designed street light and looks really effective in the dark. It's really clever how you have made the PF cord part of the design!

Great work and happy building :laugh:

Thank you, glad you like it. Happy building, too! :wink:

I really like that you were able to make such a nice light of all origial LEGO pieces/products!

Many thanks. Yeah, when dealing with Lego it should all be Lego, right? (Although I remember times I wasn't *that* puristic ... :wink: )

Very nice solution!

Thank you!

How awesome! Definitely worth using in a city layout, adds a lot of personality.

Thank you, glad you like the design!

Update of the PF streetlight:

21340033822_c40c4e3966_c.jpg

I didn't like the older version too much any more - I rather wanted to have something that lights up the road like the real thing does. That's why I omitted one of the LEDs (which is still there underneath the surface, of course) and turned the whole thing for 90 degrees. Another advantage of this setting is that the wire is hardly recognizable now since it runs over the front of the post.

The whole thing should be taller but there isn't enough wire for that purpose. For the same reason you can't build two streetlights with the same LED set.

Oh man that is great! I've recently bought some PF led's to play around with and this is really a great idea! :sweet:

I don't think your single lamp post should be higher I rather like the design as it is.

Oh man that is great! I've recently bought some PF led's to play around with and this is really a great idea! :sweet:

I don't think your single lamp post should be higher I rather like the design as it is.

Thank you!

Amazing street light! I would love to see multiple of them lined up on a city street. Great job.

I'll install some more on my (still quite small) layout, but you must have a good plan first, it's not that easy to reposition them later.

What a fantastic street lamp and amazing picture with Iron Man! :excited: :excited:

Thank you! Since there are quite a few superheroes in my town but only one or two supervillains they are passing their time between their rare missions by working as traffic observers or aerial security.

Very slick - and the use of the PF lead in the design of the lamppost really works well!

Thank you!

Very clean design, I like it.

Both designs are great, as others have already said, the intergration of the PF wire into the design is very clever.

Many thanks guys!

Hi all, 

"in the light" of recent events a City scene with several Lego lighting features (PF and 9V):

32319438953_67e51667de_z.jpg

"And the Oscar (there's only one in my Lego town with its rather underdeveloped film industry) goes to ... the starlet", like every year. All the light you see is actually Lego, there's no Nonlego stuff involved. The scene refers to a similar setting some years ago: 

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/78281-fleetwood-moc-proposal-for-a-different-car-for-10232-palace-cinema/&do=findComment&comment=1491440

Thanks for looking!

Edited by ER0L

Hi all,

some more 100% Lego lighting solutions. 

Guess the vehicles should be here, too:

16016863291_9a3dc12497_z.jpg

31641699116_fb0ebe9aed_z.jpg

PF LEDs come in handy for head and back lights, whereas the great old Light & Sound lights (in flashing mode) are performing nicely as police lights. 

One of the locos:

34849916370_e212eb2fbe_z.jpg

The yacht:

21303411585_31b1ff728e_z.jpg

The (motorized) Greyhound Bus:

42168133501_7e7e0d9b12.jpgGreyhound Bus - Frontend by ER0L, on Flickr

Now for something new:

The old V8 Diner gets an update by installing LED spots for the signage:

39768344704_166924f56e_z.jpg

Not exactly overwhelming (I tried to catch the actual impression on the photo), however it's a possibility to illuminate those large signs - doesn't make much sense if only the diner as such is enlightened, those signs should be seen from quite a distance for hungry car drivers at night. It helps to use the 1x1 round trans-clear plates which diffuse the light a bit more, without them the sign would even be less readable. 

Another solution by using Light & Sound lights - you don't see this very often, I guess:

39829759984_27f9698c50_z.jpg

The SNOT road/pavement standard I'm using allows to hide all necessary wiring (also of the street light) on the left. Hopefully I'll be able to use this principle more (there are quite a few great other clips to be put on the so-called light cabinet). Those are nice lighting details which make a night layout more realistic and lively, I guess.

Thanks for looking! 

Edited by ER0L

Another vehicle with a L&S lighting solution: 

41458482055_d09699d5a9_z.jpg

Seagrave Pumper Engine #5 w/ Light & Sound by ER0L, on Flickr

In fact, this is a revamp of a very old model, see https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/61804-moc-american-pumper/

Anyhow, I thought it might be placed better here. There are several implications regarding this model, one of them being the fact that I was very glad to see I can use some stickers of the great 60061 set here (one of my all-time favourite City vehicle sets) which wasn't intended at the beginning - on 100% Lego MOCs stickers are often a problem since they ought to be Lego too, of course. However, it was the FDNY style striping in yellow and white which allowed the use of yellow numbers which otherwise would look odd on a merely red and white fire truck. 

But the main point here is the Light & Sound equipment:

Even if it isn't motorized I guess it might be an eyecatcher on the layout. 

Thanks for watching, more pics of the Seagrave engine on Flickr!

Edited by ER0L