XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Unfortunately, with the Advent Calendar now sold out, about the only option is going to be Bricklink or Ebay. Slave I is the only set that has one, and you certainly would not be buying that set for the stormtrooper. No upcoming winter wave sets will have this highly coveted version of the stormtrooper available either, unless you do not mind one that has "battle damage" markings on it. In that case, you will soon have a cheap set with two in it. I actually held off purchasing the Advent Calendar because I heard plain imperial stormtroopers would be available in the winter wave along with R2D2, C3PO, and Jawas. Then, I found out the were both battle damaged :hmpf_bad: . I guess 3 out of 4 aint bad. As surprising as this might sound, it is harder to get a generic stormtrooper than it is to get almost any other variant produced. Hopefully, there will be a summer wave that contains one or more in a reasonably priced set.

Stormtrooper_Corps.png

Are those supposed to be blue? I can't tell with my old eyes. :classic:

But I believe you, it's just something I've never noticed before.

Unfortunately, with the Advent Calendar now sold out, about the only option is going to be Bricklink or Ebay. Slave I is the only set that has one, and you certainly would not be buying that set for the stormtrooper. No upcoming winter wave sets will have this highly coveted version of the stormtrooper available either, unless you do not mind one that has "battle damage" markings on it. In that case, you will soon have a cheap set with two in it. I actually held off purchasing the Advent Calendar because I heard plain imperial stormtroopers would be available in the winter wave along with R2D2, C3PO, and Jawas. Then, I found out the were both battle damaged :hmpf_bad: . I guess 3 out of 4 aint bad. As surprising as this might sound, it is harder to get a generic stormtrooper than it is to get almost any other variant produced. Hopefully, there will be a summer wave that contains one or more in a reasonably priced set.

Bricklink works fine for me. And there is a good selection of them. I like that I can also buy the blasters in great numbers. I really don't like the stud launchers for the newer Rebels troopers, nevermind the helmets are 'meh'.

Edited by Hobbun

Just finished building the Imperial Star Destroyer (75055). Really cool build but I have a 1 1x4 light grey plate left as spare part. I'm pretty sure it was from bag 10 so I retraced the steps where this piece would be used but everything was complete already. Is it normal to have a 1x4 light grey plate as a spare part or did I miss a step?

Just finished building the Imperial Star Destroyer (75055). Really cool build but I have a 1 1x4 light grey plate left as spare part. I'm pretty sure it was from bag 10 so I retraced the steps where this piece would be used but everything was complete already. Is it normal to have a 1x4 light grey plate as a spare part or did I miss a step?

Hmmm... doesn't look like it, although I don't have experience building this set. It could truly be extra, or you missed putting it somewhere. As long as the model itself isn't compromised by the lack of this piece, right? :grin: If it falls apart suddenly you'll know what piece to blame it on.

Hmmm... doesn't look like it, although I don't have experience building this set. It could truly be extra, or you missed putting it somewhere. As long as the model itself isn't compromised by the lack of this piece, right? :grin: If it falls apart suddenly you'll know what piece to blame it on.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's possible that the upcoming revamp of the Death Star will contain a number of them, as the original did as well.

Lol thanks, the set is still in 1 piece :laugh: Might just rebuild the top panel to be sure I didn't miss anything :tongue:

I've just checked the inventory for it on Bricklink (here) and it doesn't include a spare (as shown at the bottom of the page) so it's likely that you've missed it somewhere :classic: It's a great set, lots of useful parts and a decent selection of minifigures.

Hi Hobbun, and welcome to Eurobricks!

The blue colour on the current version of the Stormtrooper (sw585) is quite dark, almost navy, and I much prefer the printing of the helmet compared to the Rebels version (sw578). However, the latter is a lot cheaper and widely available on Bricklink, and via the 75078 battlepacks, which could be worth considering if you're thinking of buying more than just a handful.

For future reference there's a general Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum. I'll merge this thread with it later today :classic:

My favourite stormies are the ones that came with the Death Star, I love the aesthetic. The one in the Ewok village and Ewok/speeder sets was good too. I don't mind the Rebels version either, but I do wish they gave them black or balaclava'd heads under those helmets. It's silly how you can see flesh at the neck, and I don't know how it doesn't bother more people. The Slave 1 stormie is not bad, but Im not going to jump through blazing hoops to get them.

Im not a fan of leg printing in general, especially the kind where it stops abruptly at the knee. Some of it is good, like the leg printing on the sandies in the droid escape set, but most of the rest ... meh.

Hey guys,

Since I got into collecting Lego (just aiming for the Star wars ones), which set do you guys recommend? I have the new millennium falcon, the Advanced prototype tie fighter, Rey's speeder and the Naboo fighter.

I am getting Poe's X-wing for christmas and today I am gonna buy probably The Ghost since I saw it is going to be discontinued.

What else should I get?

Hey guys,

Since I got into collecting Lego (just aiming for the Star wars ones), which set do you guys recommend? I have the new millennium falcon, the Advanced prototype tie fighter, Rey's speeder and the Naboo fighter.

I am getting Poe's X-wing for christmas and today I am gonna buy probably The Ghost since I saw it is going to be discontinued.

What else should I get?

The phantom, no Ghost should be without ;)

You allready got most of the good stuff. Personally i'd recommend the jedi scout fighter and the at-ap, both are excellent.

nolonger in Germany but you can try asking for one at a lego store. the states have them in TRU now

Well...they still have them in Germany (the 3PO polybag). I arrived there today and got one for free with my purchase of Reys speeder+keychain.

Also picked up Damerons X-Wing at another store for € 67. Pretty sweet deal.

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

Hey guys,

What else should I get?

If you can still find it: Mos Eisley Cantina. The Imperial Shuttle Tydirium is also a very good set

Don't know if this was mentioned before, but I was just browsing Bricks & Pieces and I was able to purchase all parts of the Final Duel Luke Skywalker minifig for less than €2!

I purchased some other interesting parts too (mostly to update my minifigs):

- New Leia face (Tydirium set)

- Finn's hair (for Desert Skiff Lando)

- Finn torso (for a captured Poe minifig)

- Torso, legs and helmet green Endor rebel (Tydirium set)

- New Darth Vader helmet and face

- UCS Tie pilot helmet

Hey guys,

What else should I get?

This year's Sith Infiltrator is fantastic, but a bit overpriced. The most recent Star Destroyer is great as well.

The phantom, no Ghost should be without ;)

You allready got most of the good stuff. Personally i'd recommend the jedi scout fighter and the at-ap, both are excellent.

I saw that, i am gonna look for the phantom tomorrow, since I bought the last ghost there was, and there were no phantom left.

Thank you for the other recommendations.

If you can still find it: Mos Eisley Cantina. The Imperial Shuttle Tydirium is also a very good set

I saw this two on amazon but paying 80 euros for the cantina seems too much now, maybe next month, the imperial shuttle looks awesome, that is one I would love to have.

This year's Sith Infiltrator is fantastic, but a bit overpriced. The most recent Star Destroyer is great as well.

The star destroyer is discontinued right? The sith infiltrator looks cool, but I haven't seen it on stores before

The star destroyer is discontinued right? The sith infiltrator looks cool, but I haven't seen it on stores before

Huh, I guess it is discontinued. In that case, I'd recommend the AAT from this year. It's smaller than the last one and gets a lot of hate for that, but it's probably my favorite >$50 set from this year. I think it's a really nice set for $25 (it's on sale for $20 in the US, which is even better).

The Sith Infiltrator is a Toys R Us exclusive, I think.

Edited by Gremer

Hi Hobbun, and welcome to Eurobricks!

The blue colour on the current version of the Stormtrooper (sw585) is quite dark, almost navy, and I much prefer the printing of the helmet compared to the Rebels version (sw578). However, the latter is a lot cheaper and widely available on Bricklink, and via the 75078 battlepacks, which could be worth considering if you're thinking of buying more than just a handful.

For future reference there's a general Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum. I'll merge this thread with it later today :classic:

Hello Lobot, thank you for the welcome. :classic:

Ok, that makes sense, then. On why the 2014 helmets don't look blue, as they are a darker blue. I'm not a fan of the light blue vent on the Rebels version (sw578). My question, how do you find out what the numbers are on the item to check it out on bricklink? Like where do you find out the 2014 stormtrooper variant is sw585?

From now on, with any questions, I'll be sure to post them here.

Click on minifigures in bricklink. Next SW/Episode 4-6. When you will be browsing you will see full name of minifigure and short number (sw585 in that case).