XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

Is the new vulture droid any good? It looks pretty big and chunky. I have the 2005 ones and I'm wondering if an upgrade is due.

Is it just me, or is does anybody else out there find it really frustrating that OT sets seem to retire so quickly, and are not all that often sold in physical stores? At least around here, in Southeast Connecticut, the closest Lego Store is at least an hour's drive away and is located in a mall so it's likely restricted in terms of size. (At least from what I can see from the store photos at the Lego website). I know that I can go and do some shopping online, but there are sometimes where I'm just in the mood to put together a Lego Star Wars set and would like to go out, pick up a set, bring it home, and build it.

In all the stores around me (Wal-Mart, Toys 'R Us, Target, Etc.) the overwhelming majority of the sets that are sold are all PT, or CW themed sets. I guess that's why I'm really excited for the Cantina set to come out later this year so that I can hopefully get myself a set to build at home. Thus far, I've pretty much picked up all of the OT sets that are available for purchase in stores around me. Jabba's Sail Barge, Millenium Falcon, Rancor Pit, X-Wing. That's pretty much it. Online, I was able to get myself the Death Star (Good Lord I love that set!), Jabba's Palace, and a Desert Skiff. I am somewhat interested in the PT as I picked up Palpatine's Arrest and may need to look into getting other good PT sets. I'd just much rather get some OT sets out there as those are my favorite of the 6 movies. My collection does include the AT-RT (got that because I wanted a Yoda figure), and the Mandelorian Speeder simply because I was in Lego Build Withdrawal after finishing the Death Star build. Lol.

But I'm just curious if anybody else is kind of frustrated by needing to rely on the web to make purchases and then having to wait for slow delivery of the sets unless one pays extraordinary prices for overnight or Saturday delivery.

Is it just me, or is does anybody else out there find it really frustrating that OT sets seem to retire so quickly, and are not all that often sold in physical stores? At least around here, in Southeast Connecticut, the closest Lego Store is at least an hour's drive away and is located in a mall so it's likely restricted in terms of size. (At least from what I can see from the store photos at the Lego website). I know that I can go and do some shopping online, but there are sometimes where I'm just in the mood to put together a Lego Star Wars set and would like to go out, pick up a set, bring it home, and build

Actually OT sets typically have a shelf life twice as long as PT or CW sets. And OT subjects are much more likely to be remade. That Millenium Falcon is a 2011 set that's still on the shelves. I can't think of an OT set that has had less than a 2 year lifespan besides the one rare Hoth set.

What you are seeing is a side effect of two issues. The first is that you came out of your dark ages at the precise moment when there was a more PT focused wave of SW sets. Winter 2014 was very heavy PT. Whereas Summer will be a big OT wave. This is compounded by the simple fact that certain Mass Merchants, namely Target and Walmart have tended to reduce the amount of re ordering they do once products sell out. And the OT stuff will often sell out faster. TRU will typically have a fairly broad stock.

Hi everyone!

I'm from Malaysia and just got my hot & heavy hands on a beautiful 7965 M/Falcon set from the US... lovingly hand carried back all the way here :)

Before I get cracking, I'm wondering how many hours it'll take - at a comfortable, non hurried pace - to build this specific set?

Just so I know how many appointments I should cancel this weekend haha...

Thanks

Jason from sunny Malaysia

This was the first Lego Star Wars set I had picked up. I don't recall the exact time that I had spent building it, but I got it done in one evening after purchasing it. I would guess 3-5 hours total. It's a GREAT set as it gives you so many of the OT minifigures that one would like. For all starters, I would say that this is the best kit to start with. Of course, the Death Star is the absolute best in terms of structure and minifigs, and coupled with the Death Star Cannon mini-set that gives you two Imperial Guards as well as two Death Star Cannon Soldiers, you get an incredible selection.

Overall, the MF is a very nice pick and you'll have a blast building it!

Yeah, it seems like I've just gotten into this at the wrong time. Still, I'm having a blast getting back into the fun of Lego and my youth. Actually have Empire Strikes Blu-Ray playing as I type this. Giving me so much of an urge to buy Lego sets. Wish there was a Lego Store remotely close to me. Lol.

I'd love to see Lego bring back the A-Wing and perhaps introduce the TIE-Advanced too (haven't scouted around on their website to see if there is a TIE-A available... is there?)

It will be well worth it. The ship, while Star Wars purists may have issues with, is a fantastic build. I was, and still am, VERY happy with the purchase. With good financial planning, I've had the ability to save up a great deal of cash and have recently spent a great deal of money on Star Wars Lego. Many years back, I had a personal issue with an addiction that was very expensive and very "not good." I kind of laugh now since I seem to be spending the same amount of money on a completely different addiction. This addiction, however, is very good and very fun, and doesn't have any negative side effects. If you are just getting back into Lego, Star Wars Lego is a great way to get back into it.

My nephew is only 3 years old, but he loves this stuff. I find myself buying two of each set so that I can build one myself, then spend some hours building one with him. It's really nice seeing the joy in his little face as the parts come together, as well as seeing him get so excited just seeing the boxes. Reminds me of when I was little and was so happy to see a Lego set under the Christmas Tree each year. Before it becomes completely unreasonable to purchase, I plan to pick up another Death Star for the kid. I figure in three or four years he'll be old enough to truly appreciate the set, and I'll be able to spend some uncle/nephew time over a few weeks building it for him.

Enjoy the Millenium Falcon. It's a GREAT set and has so many playable features and great characters from the series. You'll be very happy to have taken the evening out to build this, and will have a great deal of fun once it's built. Trust me on this one. :laugh:

I'd love to see Lego bring back the A-Wing and perhaps introduce the TIE-Advanced too (haven't scouted around on their website to see if there is a TIE-A available... is there?)

LEGO made an A-wing set last year, 75003.

built ours in one night , 5 hours or so,, its one of the few items i want to glue, as its to big for a 10 year old to play with,, with out it all coming appart,, id be happy with it just getting dusty, but it is cool to play with,

Ok noob question here...how does bricklink Work ? Do you have to order in bulk, or could I order one part / minifig at a time ? Do you order directly through bl or do they just direct you to a seller? I'm in the UK

Ok noob question here...how does bricklink Work ? Do you have to order in bulk, or could I order one part / minifig at a time ? Do you order directly through bl or do they just direct you to a seller? I'm in the UK

Most sellers have a minimum order total, but some allow you to buy just one piece.

Bricklink is like a portal where sellers can setup their own stores. You place your order in the sellers store through bricklink, but the payment is made directly to the seller. Make sure you buy from A UK store to keep shipping cost down, especially if you just order a few pieces.

Edited by bjorn77

Most sellers have a minimum order total, but some allow you to buy just one piece.

Bricklink is like a portal where sellers can setup their own stores. You place your order in the sellers store through bricklink, but the payment is made directly to the seller. Make sure you buy from A UK store to keep shipping cost down, especially if you just order a few pieces.

Ok thank you. I was scouting eBay for some ot figs that I need and bricklink seems the far far cheaper option!

They want £18 odd for 8097 Bossk!!?

I built mine in about 4hours, great set to build with some nice touches. I have added a bit more detail to the interior of mine which is fun too. I have also updated the feet to look more like 10179 as the originals seem a bit lightweight to me. Have fun building

Not a question, but rather an advice to anyone having a hard time deciding which set to buy:

I bought the 10188 Death Star some time back and got around to build it last weekend. It truly is a masterpiece. It's by far the best Lego Star Wars set ever made and I wholeheartedly recommend it to everybody that doesn't have it yet. Skip the mediocre sets and save your money for this one, it's worth it. All my other SW sets (MF, TIE, X-Wing, all Hoth related sets, etc) eventually got tucked away and stored in the basement. But the Death Star will be kept on display for as long as I have space. The build is fun (and long), the model looks great, and it has more play features than any other set. It is the ultimate Lego set, all categories.

Quick question.

It was roughly at the beginning of June last year that LEGO released the official video for the Ewok Village. Do yo think we are likely to get a video or news regarding the UCS (Slave 1) anytime soon. Also does anyone know when images start surfacing for the Winter wave?

thanks

Hi, I just joined last week. I have a wee MOC I'd like to share. Do I just start a new topic and scribble and link away?

In response to Bjorn77 -- I don't have the Death Star. It does look like a much needed purchase for any SW fan. My problem is the minifigures. You are paying a boatload for them in the official release and I don't want any of them. I prefer the updated versions in sets now. Next someone will say, well just sell off the minifigures, and while that may work, everytime I've looked them up on bricklink, it isn't that much difference. Under $100, so the set itself is still expensive. I realize there are a lot of pieces involved too, but I would love to have a Death Star version that is more affordable for play.