Darth Revan

Luke Skywalker (Celebration)

Han Solo (Celebration)

Darth Vader (Celebration)

Young Han Solo

You forgot NY I love Yoda ;-)

You forgot NY I love Yoda ;-)

You're right. Thanks!

Also, do you think I should include Advent Calendar exclusive minifigs? They are somewhat special, but they are quite easily obtainable as you can buy the Advent Calendar in most stores.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one, the models are very similar to each other. They both have nice minifigures, it comes down to the color choices on the model. Some people prefer the sand green and brown look, while others like dark green with red. I have 8097 and I think it's a great looking model, haven't seen 6209 in person though.

Hi

i had the same problem and decided easily to go with the 6209.

Its almost the same model as the newer one

It has much better colors, looks more rusty and worn. The 8097 looks "brand new" regarding the colors.

I am a sucker for sandgreen ;)

You can easily get the latest Boba fig from the desert skiff

I got it for just 62€ MISB

Dino

I would say the new one if you like the colour scheme but the old one if you like the minifigs.

I would go for the 8097. It looks better and less blocky, and also has way better minifigs.

The only thing that's better about the old one are the colors.

Having both, it's a difficult choice. 8097 has some better contours on the wing cowlings, but those colors are a crime. 6209 is has the right colors and a trans-black cockpit. Plus a more effective launcher (if you're into that sort of thing) but the overall appearance is slighty less contoured. I prefer 6209 overall.

However, the correct choice is 7144 ;)

Edited by Hrodebert

I've got 6209 and I really really like the set. The difference in the contours between the two is negligable, in my opinion, but the colors on 6209 are much more movie-accurate. The colors on 8097 make Slave I look brand new and shiny; 6209 is a gritty, used, battle-worn bounty hunter ship.

With rumours of a new Slave 1 potentially coming out, I'd hld off on either until the rumours of Slave 1 release are either confirmed as truth or fiction.

The old one has better colors and sturdiness while the new one has horrible (christmas like) colors and trans clear windshield, the only advantage of the new one is the updated Boba figure but you can get a beter one in the desert skiff set, I have both and I can tell you that the old one is the best official slave one available.

yeh 6209 for me, subtle colored bricks give a more rustic look the way it should be and the fett figure is better with the cutout helmet, the new slave is just an eyesore

I've got both and think they're both fantastic sets. 6209 does have a more pleasing palette but I think 8097 looks very nice as well. The bright colors don't bother me, though I do understand the criticism.

One quirk with 8097 that you might run into; there is more than one version. I bought a used, incomplete set sans instructions on ebay for cheap. It was partially built in the photos and looked to be about 90% complete. Upon comparing it to the inventories online, however, I appeared to be missing quite a few pieces, about 30%. I also had a number of extra parts, some of them quite large. Off to bricklink I went, where I ordered the missing parts and some instructions. Once I tried to build it, however, I quickly realized that I was still missing some pieces. After about 20 minutes of confusion I found that the parts the instructions were calling for were the pieces I had originally declared extra. I put two and two together, did some googling and found that, sure enough, there was a revision at some point and there are two different versions.

So yeah, just an FYI.

I missed out on getting "Biggs Darklighter", back in ... "A long time ago" :tongue: Now I have a chance to get him for 7€, but then I wondered...what will be the odds of him getting an update somewhere very soon. What do you guys think? :classic:

^ €7 seems a reasonable price to pay - if Lego release a new version are you really going to look back and wish you didn't spend €7?

Unless we get a Yavin IV base, you'd think Biggs would most likely appear in an X-Wing set, although it's pretty much impossible to second guess TLG I can't imagine there being another new X-Wing any time soon. They had the perfect opportunity to release a new Biggs with the micro-fighter but instead we got an incredibly detailed random pilot, can Legos' graphic designers manage to keep up that level of detail and include Biggs' magnificent moustache in such a small area? I doubt we'll get a new Biggs soon but I'm usually wrong :laugh:

If I were you, I'd buy it and make a custom fleshie like Snowspeeder Pilot/Tin 7 creations did.

I was thinking the same with the X-wing, but with all the exclusive mini-figs coming out these days... I'm going to get it, but I know that when I do lego will update him very soon. :tongue:

Edited by Cyberbricker

What is the best starwars today to do an at-st moc? Or should i wait for 2015? They might release a new at-st

Edited by irispen

I reckon 2015 will introduce an AT-DP rather than an AT-ST, judging from the prototypes of other Star Wars toy makers. Expect a TIE-fighter with curved wings as well :-)