Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

This theme gets me more excited everyday. I wonder if the system Cyrus Borg created is either possessed by the overlord, or it became self-aware and like all machines(terminator comes to mind) organic beings are inferior.

So of course because the series could technically be considered a reboot they milk the pun for all it's worth. :laugh:

Is anyone else reminded of Nexus Naomi (and Nexus Tower in general with regards to the architecture) when they see Pixel?

So of course because the series could technically be considered a reboot they milk the pun for all it's worth. :laugh:

Is anyone else reminded of Nexus Naomi (and Nexus Tower in general with regards to the architecture) when they see Pixel?

Now that you mention it, I am getting that sort of vibe from her. I have this odd feeling that Pixal is really gonna grow on me.

Edited by Penkid11

Pixal is very... robotic, as of yet. But I'm pretty sure that's because of her job seemingly as a secretary, and if/when she allies with the ninja (be it permanent or temporary) she'll become more life-like. Although it seems that effect is already starting, considering Jay thinks she likes Zane :laugh:

Its sucks that the next season will not be released till 2014, but that was expected with Chima having there season finale in Dec. in the U.S.

Eh, I'm just glad we are getting another season. Looks pretty good, considering they've had all year to work on it.

Most definitely, I'm glad to see TLG is listening to there consumers and works on giving us new and fresh ideas for the show, instead of just making a 25 min. toy commercial.

Edited by Merc4hire95

Eugh, don't remind me of those... Before NINJAGO became insanely popular that was all they did. In fact, it's still all they do, look at Hero Factory and its show. Can't comment on Friends, I've never seen that, but yeah, CITY, HF, etc get really cruddy ones.

Eugh, don't remind me of those... Before NINJAGO became insanely popular that was all they did. In fact, it's still all they do, look at Hero Factory and its show. Can't comment on Friends, I've never seen that, but yeah, CITY, HF, etc get really cruddy ones.

I don't know what you mean about City. I LOVE the LEGO City mini-movies created by M2Film. Lots of wonderful, hilarious slapstick and visual gags. Great musical score too!

The LEGO Star Wars TV specials are also hilarious. I've only seen the second one (The Empire Strikes Out) one time while I was waiting for Ninjago to come on, but it had tons of laugh-out-loud moments as well as lots of subtler visual gags.

I don't know what you mean about City. I LOVE the LEGO City mini-movies created by M2Film. Lots of wonderful, hilarious slapstick and visual gags. Great musical score too!

The LEGO Star Wars TV specials are also hilarious. I've only seen the second one (The Empire Strikes Out) one time while I was waiting for Ninjago to come on, but it had tons of laugh-out-loud moments as well as lots of subtler visual gags.

I had forgotten about the SW stuff... very good, I just wish they were more than 30 min though. I know Yoda Chronicles is 44 minutes total, but it's divided in two parts anyway. Regarding the City stuff, they used to be funny until the Museum Heist set came out. Dunno if they've changed their style back to the original one, because I haven't watched any since.

According to the Ninjago Facebook page, the new season airs on the 18th of December. This comes from second-hand information from Twitter users posing as the characters from the show, so take with a pinch of salt. If anything, we may be getting some information after the Chima finale this Thursday (just as Ninjago did for Chima after the most recent season finale). So keep your fingers crossed, grit your teeth, and wait for the 18th!

As stated elsewhere, that is known to be false now. (the release date, the official page mentions nothing)

Also, I just noticed something interesting. The Techno Blades and the new ninja outfits were concealed inside a golden statue of Cyrus, which I think further hints at the Overlord having something to do with it. Why Cyrus would be scared of the Overlord is still beyond me, the Overlord was re-banished and was helpless even when Garmadon was helping him.

As stated elsewhere, that is known to be false now. (the release date, the official page mentions nothing)

Click the #LEGONinjagoRebooted link under several of their posts.

Even though I haven't ruled out that the date may be false, can you provide a source for this "elsewhere?"

Click the #LEGONinjagoRebooted link under several of their posts.

Even though I haven't ruled out that the date may be false, can you provide a source for this "elsewhere?"

Can you link to the "Ninjago facebook page" you're talking about? A Google search for "LEGO Ninjago December 18" brings me to a Wikia page dated from July that cites this post from April as its source. The page is an UNOFFICIAL Ninjago page (which is, alarmingly, posing as an official page — the real page is https://www.facebook.com/OfficialLEGONinjago). A LEGO Message Boards post from July repeats the December 18 date, complete with a falsified premise based on the eighth graphic novel, which has since been discovered to be a stand-alone story like most of the graphic novels have been.

Clicking the hashtag you mentioned took me to this, yet another completely unofficial page with atrociously poor grammar and inane posts. And it's linked from a Twitter account that's just as sloppy and unofficial.

That's one of the sad things about Ninjago being as popular as it is — hoaxes like this can spread like wildfire, and generally nothing short of conflicting official information can put them to rest. Some people were talking about the "purple ninja" up until the actual sets for 2014 were revealed.

Edited by Aanchir

Purple Ninja? Up until now I hadn't realized how popular Ninjago is, having its own fanbase and all. I don't think Ninjago should air in January, I'm usually quite apposed to shows having breaks that lasts over a year. But this break would only be a little less than a year (when was the last episode aired?). I'm generally excited but since the series hasn't been on for a while, and Chima came off to me like a lackluster full season toy commercial. When I think of Ninjago I think of sets based off of a show, but Chima rubbed me the wrong way and i would love to see it return. I was perusing a wikipedia page and an Imdb page and couldn't get a hold of the last Ninjago episode that aired, but if I recall, it was either late December 2012, or early December 2012. I saw a re-run of the last episode sometime during January, so I have no official date for the last episode. There are several conflicting reasons for both release dates. On one hand, Chima is about to end, so this may be a little premature fo another Lego T.V show on CN. And on the other hand, I'll have felt dragged on by this theme if it airs in Janurary. But hey, at least it's not a summer airing, that would be a nightmare.

The last episodes of NINJAGO aired in December last year. Perhaps earlier, but I'm pretty sure Volume 4 came out on disc on the 21st of December.

So I guess that makes me want the new season this month even more. I doubt I'd be upset if it aired in January, though. It's just another month (of nothing to watch on T.V)

Purple Ninja? Up until now I hadn't realized how popular Ninjago is, having its own fanbase and all. I don't think Ninjago should air in January, I'm usually quite apposed to shows having breaks that lasts over a year. But this break would only be a little less than a year (when was the last episode aired?). I'm generally excited but since the series hasn't been on for a while, and Chima came off to me like a lackluster full season toy commercial. When I think of Ninjago I think of sets based off of a show, but Chima rubbed me the wrong way and i would love to see it return. I was perusing a wikipedia page and an Imdb page and couldn't get a hold of the last Ninjago episode that aired, but if I recall, it was either late December 2012, or early December 2012. I saw a re-run of the last episode sometime during January, so I have no official date for the last episode. There are several conflicting reasons for both release dates. On one hand, Chima is about to end, so this may be a little premature fo another Lego T.V show on CN. And on the other hand, I'll have felt dragged on by this theme if it airs in Janurary. But hey, at least it's not a summer airing, that would be a nightmare.

The last episode aired sometime around Thanksgiving (I remember watching it during the few days I spent with my aunt and uncle in New Jersey), so it's already been a hiatus of slightly over a year. But at the same time, it looks like the theme's fanbase hasn't dwindled considerably since then, so I think it stands a good chance of coming back strong.

I think a January premiere date is most likely. If it were sooner than that, I think we'd have gotten a specific date by now — it doesn't work to Cartoon Network's advantage at all not to publicize it. My guess is that they will air the first trailer announcing the new season's premiere date during the four-episode Ninjago marathon that Cartoon Network is showing this Saturday.

Edited by Aanchir

Oh gosh... I wonder what's happened to Dareth? If he hasn't got some kind of occupation in Wu's school, I'm going to be very sad :laugh:

Sorry for double-post, but because Penkid insisted that we move here, well, the show's back.

Somewhat mediocre first two episodes, I hope seeing them in proper HD makes them better (shaky cam can sometimes be... y'know)

I'm also hoping the story issues get resolved somehow. They've introduced quite a fair bit in two episodes, I wish they had spaced it out a bit more. That's just a pilot episode thing though, they have to lay out the basic ground-work for the plot and then elaborate off it for the future episodes. Though things are somewhat complicated, all I'll say is there's a reason Garmatron didn't make its debut until the final episodes for a reason, and the same applies to the current "doomsday" weapon. *hint hint spoilers hint hint*

Oh... I looked over it, and this isn't much of a spoiler... the Mechdragon is NOT the mega-weapon. That's for sure. No spoilers on what it is until the show comes out officially. Well, not that it ISN'T official, but I mean the CN premier. If any of you want a comparison of Season 2's first episodes with these, I'll just say that the Episode 1 and Episode 27 are on par whereas Episode 2 was better than Episode 28.

Edited by JayWalker

Sorry for double-post, but because Penkid insisted that we move here, well, the show's back.

Somewhat mediocre first two episodes, I hope seeing them in proper HD makes them better (shaky cam can sometimes be... y'know)

I'm also hoping the story issues get resolved somehow. They've introduced quite a fair bit in two episodes, I wish they had spaced it out a bit more. That's just a pilot episode thing though, they have to lay out the basic ground-work for the plot and then elaborate off it for the future episodes. Though things are somewhat complicated, all I'll say is there's a reason Garmatron didn't make its debut until the final episodes for a reason, and the same applies to the current "doomsday" weapon. *hint hint spoilers hint hint*

Oh... I looked over it, and this isn't much of a spoiler... the Mechdragon is NOT the mega-weapon. That's for sure. No spoilers on what it is until the show comes out officially. Well, not that it ISN'T official, but I mean the CN premier. If any of you want a comparison of Season 2's first episodes with these, I'll just say that the Episode 1 and Episode 27 are on par whereas Episode 2 was better than Episode 28.

Definitely agree with you on these pilot episodes. Personally I am impressed with the amount of plot they managed to pack into 40min, but as for development, it sets the basic and from here I would think the pace would be slower, but always progressing in the plot. In comparison to season 2 pilot episodes, I personally enjoyed Epi.28 over Epi.2 mainly because of the characters and dialogue, especially the Overlord. Though I'm not convinced that the Nindroid army and Mechdragon are truly at there fullest potential. Granted they did prove there superiority over the ninja, they felt unfinished, and with Lloyd's powers once again being a main focus, it definitely hints at a grander plot.

Those episodes were awesome! But I have a feeling that this series will just be like the first one with the skeletons. It feels like the plot is moving to quick for a full season. I really hope I am wrong.

EDIT: Wow, I have been knighted!

Edited by Wall E2624

Where did you guys see these episodes? Were they online, if not then does anyone know if there are any online currently?