Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

4 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

the Green Ninja was clearly Lloyd and the show gave up on hiding it in episode 4.. 

I found out Lloyd was the green ninja a week before the episode aired :classic:

2 hours ago, Mandate said:

Unless it's going to be a "Mystery Character" in the show like Samurai X was, it's almost certainly not PIXAL. There's no feminine look to it, which all female characters besides the original Samurai X have had.

PIXAL "dies" randomly in episode 4 right after a few episodes with Nya reminiscing about Samurai X. I could be just grasping here, but I highly suspect it to be true...

Non-spoiler summary: "Something" happens to PIXAL in episode 4 that hints at this new transformation.

Edited by legozebra

17 hours ago, Mandate said:

Unless it's going to be a "Mystery Character" in the show like Samurai X was, it's almost certainly not PIXAL. There's no feminine look to it, which all female characters besides the original Samurai X have had.

Beyond the fact that there's little about the new Samurai character that looks explicitly masculine either, it's worth noting that until this season Pixal had already been occupying the mind of the decidedly non-feminine Zane. It's not too much of a stretch to think that her consciousness could be transferred to a genderless robotic character just as easily.

(Also, just to nitpick, but there was one key female character who lacked any feminine characteristics save for in the most abstract sense—the Preeminent)

Edited by Lyichir

I don't even understand how is the Preeminent female. It's just a physical form of cursed realm. If it had actual biological organs, that's pretty strange and nonsensical.

1 hour ago, Cagast said:

I don't even understand how is the Preeminent female. It's just a physical form of cursed realm. If it had actual biological organs, that's pretty strange and nonsensical.

Maybe it's... mind is female? What if the Preeminent used to be a demi-god like the First Spinjitzu Master, but instead of created a world within a realm, she became a realm? What if.. the Preeminent and the First Spinjitzu Master were in a relationship.. what if the Preeminent was Garmadon and Wu's mother?! 

Maybe the Cursed Realm was some kind of mythical being at one point, but it consumed too much... Ability? And mutated into the unrecognizable Cthulhu-eyeball thing over thousands of years?

6 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Beyond the fact that there's little about the new Samurai character that looks explicitly masculine either, it's worth noting that until this season Pixal had already been occupying the mind of the decidedly non-feminine Zane. It's not too much of a stretch to think that her consciousness could be transferred to a genderless robotic character just as easily.

(Also, just to nitpick, but there was one key female character who lacked any feminine characteristics save for in the most abstract sense—the Preeminent)

LEGO shows femininity and masculinity through printing black slopes on the sides of figures to indicate that the figure is female. Except in the cases of gender neutral stuff that City has, this is consistent in Ninjago's minifigure designs not including the original Samurai X armor, which was deliberately designed not to show anything. Your Zane argument is a bit silly, Zane is a male character and PIXAL is an AI stored inside his head - there's no need to show PIXAL's form coming through because it's not her body. While it's not a stretch to assume she could be placed in a gender-neutral body, I doubt LEGO would completely change a character's entire look and color-scheme like that.

1 hour ago, Vector Prime said:

Alternate Day of the Departed is finally out.

It's basically the same (apart from the alternate opening), although the camera angles are different and the character models are incredibly plain. If anything, it seems like a fan recreation of the special, so I'm glad WilFilm is still producing future episodes.

I don't mind seeing it again. Are you sure everything besides the opening is the same?

There are some minor differences, but the story plays out pretty much the same.

The ones I noticed were:

• The scene where Wu  explains the Day of the Departed is outside the museum instead of inside.
  • The Yin Blade glows when Cole sees it.
  • Yang's picture doesn't come to life
  • Zane creates a minifigure sized statue of Julien instead of a larger one.
  • Cole uses the flyer on the back of the Rock Roader to get to the temple instead of using Airjitzu.
  • Chen doesn't have his chair during the villain meet.

4 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

I don't mind seeing it again. Are you sure everything besides the opening is the same?

The animation is all new but the story plays out the same.

I for one kinda liked it - Dr. Julien's statue looked so much better, the final fight with Cole and Yang was better, and the Departed Weapon effects were much cooler, as well as the Yin Blade creating symbols in the sky. The only odd thing was the eyes of the characters - they popped out as being too large in many areas. Also, the animation for the ghosts was a tad unsettling, but it was actually really good. Oh yeah - and that opening was so much better than the regular one.

Edited by legozebra

The animation looks odd at times, but there's definitely a lot more going on visually. Among other things, I like how it actually shows the mannequins falling apart instead of just having them fall down, leaving an oddly placed shattering noise even though nothing indicates shattering, and turn into the ghost and float away. It's a small detail, but it's the small things that count. The lighting is a lot better, too. I wouldn't mind much if this animation studio took over for the show. Especially since the show seems to be becoming more.. plastic-looking as time goes on. It'd need to be a lot more polished though.

Edited by GarmaFan

28 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

The animation looks odd at times, but there's definitely a lot more going on visually. Among other things, I like how it actually shows the mannequins falling apart instead of just having them fall down, leaving an oddly placed shattering noise even though nothing indicates shattering, and turn into the ghost and float away. It's a small detail, but it's the small things that count. The lighting is a lot better, too. I wouldn't mind much if this animation studio took over for the show. Especially since the show seems to be becoming more.. plastic-looking as time goes on. 

Yeah, I only clicked forward and saw a minute or two, the textures look a bit more realistic compared to the other version. 

It looks like there's a trade off of things happening in both versions. I'm gonna hold off on seeing this until it gets translated, but i'm guessing the choreography is better here.

Edited by gamejutzu

13 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

Yeah, I only clicked forward and saw a minute or two, the textures look a bit more realistic compared to the other version. 

It looks like there's a trade off of things happening in both versions. I'm gonna hold off on seeing this until it gets translated, but i'm guessing the choreography is better here.

I think after a certain point they're just saying the same dialogue as the original. Like, after Tommy Andreasen's intro. 

This version is better in some places. But the original has its perks to. I liked how Yang was done in the painting in the original. And some of the comedy from the original as well such as the bickering between the villains. This version does have better action though.

On 1/30/2017 at 9:16 PM, Takanuinuva said:

And some of the comedy from the original as well such as the bickering between the villains. This version does have better action though.

On 1/30/2017 at 8:55 PM, GarmaFan said:

I think after a certain point they're just saying the same dialogue as the original. Like, after Tommy Andreasen's intro. 

Well I mean unless you both know Chinese there's no way to be sure they're saying the EXACT same thing... 

It looks like NinjaJayNuva could be working to translate it, so we'll see I guess.

Honestly, my enthusiasm for HoT has tanked after this trailer. I'm glad we're getting individual villains that are all actually going to be doing something for once, but I can't shake the feeling they're all going to end up being completely one-dimensional with so many of them, like Day of the Departed but with more screen time. I hope I'm wrong.

59 minutes ago, Mandate said:

Honestly, my enthusiasm for HoT has tanked after this trailer. I'm glad we're getting individual villains that are all actually going to be doing something for once, but I can't shake the feeling they're all going to end up being completely one-dimensional with so many of them, like Day of the Departed but with more screen time. I hope I'm wrong.

There's only three generals, the rest are soldiers. There's multiple Buffmillion mechs as well, so they're also soldiers.

So that leaves Crux, Acronix, Macchia, Blunck, and Raggmunk. 5 villains that have focus put on them. I think YoTS had more individual villains than this, there were about 5 snake generals there too.

Finally went through the Alt DotD once yesterday, the dialogues are pretty much the same, even the overlord name drop is there, the only parts that are different are the opening fight, Cole VS Yang, and the Royal blacksmith part. I will try to provide a file with subtitles for those parts.

Edited by NinjaJayNuva

56 minutes ago, NinjaJayNuva said:

Finally went through the Alt DotD once yesterday, the dialogues are pretty much the same, even the overlord name drop is there, the only parts that are different are the opening fight, Cole VS Yang, and the Royal blacksmith part. I will try to provide a file with subtitles for those parts.

Thanks so much for doing this!

8 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

Can someone recommend some fine tunes from this series? The composers seem pretty good.

Absolutely! Jay Vincent and Mike Kramer's work on the series is really outstanding. There are a number of ways you can listen to the score from the series. Jay Vincent's Soundcloud has a selection of a few stellar tracks from the series. His YouTube channel has even more, including more recent ones. A physical or digital soundtrack CD is available as well, and if you really like the music I'd recommend getting that if only to support the composers and hopefully encourage the release of further soundtracks down the line. It also includes some of the tracks that are more the work of Mike Kramer than Jay Vincent, such as the amazing "Falcon Chase".