Lance

Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitsu TV Show Thread

44 minutes ago, Cagast said:

I don't know why, but these recently leaked episodes appear to be overall 'emptier' and worse than previous Ninjago episodes. I thought it was because last time I saw anything Ninjago related was a year ago (I watched only cam job of days of departed), but I compared it to earlier seasons like Possessed, TOE and even Rebooted, and these new episodes seem to be much less creative with enviroments, battles, and the way pretty much everything is presented. Maybe only the writing is better but I can't judge now when there are only Russian and Dutch versions available. Am I the only one who thinks this?

Also, on a completely unrelated note, I wonder why nobody abbreviates Ninjago to NGO, or MOS or something. 

Eh, I dunno - personally I really enjoyed them and the unique challenge the Vermillion pose to the ninja - and the time manipulation aspect is always great. That said, there is a lot of action, which may detract a bit from the storyline. As far as this action, though, I really enjoy the creativity behind some fights, which have definitely improved since Rebooted days...

So how is the season going? I'm trying not to watch any until the English version gets out. 

Also, does anyone remember the alternate Day of the Departed? I was thinking we should be seeing it before Hands of Time came out, but now i'm not so sure...

Edited by gamejutzu

-- @Cagast It's possible that your memory betrays you because I watch every episodes of Ninjago in HD and they have a respectable amount of details (effects, particles, texture, etc) in each season. I cannot recall that I ever notice this emptiness in the animation that you mentioned. There isn't much battle happening yet so it's also hard to judge the peak of the seaon. Usually you'll get them towards the 2nd half or near the end. Not all episodes are created equally.

To further counterpoint your argument on "emptiness" just watch the intro for this season and you can see for yourself that it has a lot of things happening with the slow mo effect.

Edited by makoy

3 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

So how is the season going? I'm trying not to watch any until the English version gets out. 

Also, does anyone remember the alternate Day of the Departed? I was thinking we should be seeing it before Hands of Time came out, but now i'm not so sure...

Tommy A followed up the alt DoD by saying it actually probably won't get released if it hasn't already and he himself has no clue why it was made...

21 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Tommy A followed up the alt DoD by saying it actually probably won't get released if it hasn't already and he himself has no clue why it was made...

Dang, well, that was a waste of money..

I honestly have no idea whether anyone has found this or not, but on the Finnish wikipedia there are episode descriptions for all five episodes that have released. If you translate them you are actually able to pull out some details.  I will post them here:

Episode 65 Time Keepers (or Hands Of Time in English as Tommy Andreasen did say that the first episode was named simply Hands Of Time) - 

Time guard Acronix arrives to complete during the kärmeissotien unfinished struggle Wu with, at the same time as the Ninjas clean up Ninjago City Museum, All Saints' Day aftermath of the battle. Acronix able to manipulate time, and to give Wu a painful time to time to attack the green with the sword, and finally manages to drop down the cliff. Wu remains dependent on a cliff hanging branch, when the Ninjas arrive on the scene known it until Ninjago City in time to jump by Acronixin. While the Ninjas are fighting a joint effort, they are not doing Acronixille. Eventually Acronix lost place and Ninjas will save Wu's who has received serious injuries. Acronix arrives in Ninjago City's museum, where it is revealed that Dr. Saunders is Acronixin the twin brother of Krux.

Episode 66 Hatching - 

Wu tells the story of ninjas time after kärmeissotien: Elementaalimestarit had fought as one of the Alliance, but the time element Masters Acronix and Krux betrayed the others and tried to get Ninjago power, because they considered the time element is the most important and strongest. Other elementaalimestarit used the powerful swords for their time to overcome, and it happened, they threw aikapyörteeseen that no one could no longer hold them. Acronix and Krux, however, also jumped into the vortex and disappeared in time. Soon Ninjas see on TV, coming in from the mystical samurai interfere with new smart devices Cyrus Borg developed their launch press conference, and outgoing to help. It turns out that this is a Acronixin and Kruxin plot to capture the Borg, and the resulting small snakes samurai warriors bear the name of Vermillion. Other fights Vermillion warriors against Zane leaves to take Cyrus Borgia security. However, Krux attacking him and kidnaps Borg.

Episode 67 Time Traitors -  When Lloyd will care for the sick Wu O, Nya, Jay and Cole leave Samurai X Cave to repair the Zanea. After watching a recorded program Zanen take Borg's kidnapping, they understand Saunders to be a traitor and outgoing warn Kaita, who went to the museum Ninjago City in order to ask Dr. Saunders ninjas from finding the Vermillion helmet. The museum Kai fights against Saunders, who claims his parents had failed element of the alliance in the fight against time to twins. Cole and Jay are trying in vain to prevent the hijacking Vermillion Ninjago City's inhabitants, while Nya arrives at the museum. Kai and Nya Acronixia and fighting against Kruxia until such time escaping from the sword Cyrus Borg with it.

Episode 68 Metal Yacht -  Vermillion warriors are in addition to the interception of Ninjago City's inhabitants started to steal all the metal, which will go, and cut off the electricity Ninjago City. Wu says Misako sickbed that Acronixin him by the time a stroke will have serious consequences: Now, Wu will expire in an hour a day's worth. Wu's being sick, Lloyd is a ninja team leader, but low self-esteem wrong with him. Other ninjas fighting against Vermillion, while trying to Nya Samurai X Cave fix Zanea with little success. In the end, Nya and Zanekin arrive Ninjago City's power plant, where the Vermillion are doing their work destroyed. Nya combine unfit Zanen generator, and the generated electric discharge will destroy Vermillion. Zane, may also be in order, but pixal has lost his or her system. Ninjas go to the amusement park, where Vermillion also will attack, but Jay leaves his parents, fearing scrapyard Vermillion future there behind the metal.

and finally Episode 69 Line In The Sand -  Vermillion other Ninja fighting against the amusement park, Jay is trying to prevent scrap yards Vermillion taking control of his parents. Time guards in the underground hideout Acronix Krux and try to extort Cyrus Borgia build their wish to have in your device. Suddenly, however, time stands still for a moment the whole Ninjago, and time guards will know a new sword found in time. It will be located in the desert, and Acronix and send Krux Commander Blunck and Raggmunkin troops to pick it up. Vermillion troops will withdraw from the amusement park and scrap yard, Jay's mother with him. Other Ninjas go after them Jay jäädessä scrapyard to reflect on how to reach the desert Vermillion scrapped his vehicle. Desert begins fierce battle aikamiekasta, and Ninjas are outnumbered. However, Jay kept them both out upon arrival at the site of the construction of a new bike with his father. Ninjas are pretty sword and fleeing parents with Jay.

I don't know whether they are correct or not, some parts do sound odd but that is because of the translation.

Also the wikipedia said that the episodes were released on December 29th.

7 hours ago, makoy said:

-- @Cagast It's possible that your memory betrays you because I watch every episodes of Ninjago in HD and they have a respectable amount of details (effects, particles, texture, etc) in each season. I cannot recall that I ever notice this emptiness in the animation that you mentioned. There isn't much battle happening yet so it's also hard to judge the peak of the seaon. Usually you'll get them towards the 2nd half or near the end. Not all episodes are created equally.

To further counterpoint your argument on "emptiness" just watch the intro for this season and you can see for yourself that it has a lot of things happening with the slow mo effect.

I thought it was about memory as well, but I directly compared the new season with old episodes, and old episodes still look better. 'Emptiness' is not the only bad thing, it's the overall feel of an episode. Rehashed enviroments, lighting, pace, flow of the action... I think it's because they can't keep the show fresh, it's getting tiring. The Ninjago movie will probably save this theme from becoming repetitive.

8 minutes ago, Cagast said:

I thought it was about memory as well, but I directly compared the new season with old episodes, and old episodes still look better. 'Emptiness' is not the only bad thing, it's the overall feel of an episode. Rehashed enviroments, lighting, pace, flow of the action... I think it's because they can't keep the show fresh, it's getting tiring. The Ninjago movie will probably save this theme from becoming repetitive.

I can't say that I totally disagree with you, the new animation style seems kinda weird, maybe that's because we haven't get used to it. But this season is pretty amazing and unique so far! In the meantime, we actually get to see the daily life of the ninja (well, sorta) which we haven't get any since season 1. The action is actually pretty cool as well.

This doesn't have anything to so with Season 7 but Season 6. Do we know when Skybound is coming out on DVD? because Day of the Departed is being released in February on DVD. 

18 hours ago, Cagast said:

I don't know why, but these recently leaked episodes appear to be overall 'emptier' and worse than previous Ninjago episodes. I thought it was because last time I saw anything Ninjago related was a year ago (I watched only cam job of days of departed), but I compared it to earlier seasons like Possessed, TOE and even Rebooted, and these new episodes seem to be much less creative with enviroments, battles, and the way pretty much everything is presented. Maybe only the writing is better but I can't judge now when there are only Russian and Dutch versions available. Am I the only one who thinks this?

Also, on a completely unrelated note, I wonder why nobody abbreviates Ninjago to NGO, or MOS or something. 

It's not that I agree with your claim, but something has felt "off". I agree with @NinjaJayNuva about the animation. When I watch some scenes with the Vermillion they seem like the set animations. Things seem to look less realistic somehow.

49 minutes ago, MasterofElements said:

It's not that I agree with your claim, but something has felt "off". I agree with @NinjaJayNuva about the animation. When I watch some scenes with the Vermillion they seem like the set animations. Things seem to look less realistic somehow.

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said the action is worse.

On 12/27/2016 at 7:31 PM, Ninja of Fire said:

Just had a thought. What if all these years, Wu (and possibly Garmadon) has been using the 'Slo-Mo' Time Blade to slow his aging? It would make sense due to the timeline and in the Teaser didn't he say he has been waiting for this for a long time?

Doesn't seem that likely considering they're already centuries old by the time of the Serpentine War, and the Time-Blades seem to have only came into existence/gained their powers after that. If anything, their aging sped up after that, but the Time Blades ended up lost to time at the end of the battle with the twins. Good chance that the reason they age slowly is because they're the sons of the FSM.

On 12/28/2016 at 7:28 AM, Mandate said:

Wu said he had been "waiting decades". So less than a century. Which, while it clarifies the time the Serpentine Wars took place in and makes a lot more sense given its reduction to myth, it also complicates when Lloyd was born and when/why Wu and Garmadon started aging. There's definitely still explanations, but I'm interested to see if the Hageman brothers will address it or not.

It doesn't really complicate when Lloyd was born, it's still the same as it's always made the most sense for it to be. According to TA, he was 9-11 in Rise of the Snakes, so.. 9-11 years before that. As for when they started aging, for Wu that would probably be sometime during that decade between the Battle Between Brothers, and the pilot. For Garmadon, that would be when he was cured of his evil in Rise of the Spinjitzu Master, considering as a Lord, he looked exactly the same as he did when he was banished, four arms aside. The "when" is pretty easy to figure out, the "why" is still up in the air..

On 1/6/2017 at 2:36 PM, LegendsOfNinjago said:

This doesn't have anything to so with Season 7 but Season 6. Do we know when Skybound is coming out on DVD? because Day of the Departed is being released in February on DVD. 

March 14!

Also, not sure if it's been brought up, but Season 4 is finally on Netflix!

Re-watching episode 66 I've noticed how good of a battle the Wu/Garmadon V Time Twins fight is. The choreogpahy is amazing - along with the backrounds, especially the sunset. The high point of the fight has to be the linear fight atop the roof of the monastery with Wu fighting the twins 2:1. The way the camera moves is fantastic, too. I was wondering if you guys thought this fight could be named the best fight Ninjago has ever had? 

Edited by MasterofElements

4 hours ago, MasterofElements said:

Re-watching episode 66 I've noticed how good of a battle the Wu/Garmadon V Time Twins fight is. The choreogpahy is amazing - along with the backrounds, especially the sunset. The high point of the fight has to be the linear fight atop the roof of the monastery with Wu fighting the twins 2:1. The way the camera moves is fantastic, too. I was wondering if you guys thought this fight could be named the best fight Ninjago has ever had?

Well, I guess i'm saving that for the English version.

While the new visuals may not sit well with some people, the fights and writing seem to stick out a lot more from what i'm hearing. It looks like a fair trade.

Edited by gamejutzu

I saw this picture floating around that may reveal the identity of Samurai XVL:

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_ojvwr47QTq1uwjnx8_540.png

Though I doubt it, because Tommy Andreasen has multiple times that he preferred Pixal in Zane's head. Unless this is a temporary thing?

Not sure if it's legit, I haven't seen a source.  

2 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

Reveal hidden contents

Though I doubt it, because Tommy Andreasen has multiple times that he preferred Pixal in Zane's head. Unless this is a temporary thing?

As neat as Pixal becoming Samurai VXL could be (particularly since it'd potentially allow for some great interactions between two of Ninjago's more prominent female characters), I don't see any particular reason to assume that that picture (which for all intents and purposes looks to be fan-made) reveals any key story points, unless there's some other more authoritative source that the MOC in question was based on.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

As neat as Pixal becoming Samurai VXL could be (particularly since it'd potentially allow for some great interactions between two of Ninjago's more prominent female characters), I don't see any particular reason to assume that that picture (which for all intents and purposes looks to be fan-made) reveals any key story points, unless there's some other more authoritative source that the MOC in question was based on.

I'd bet on it based on what I've seen so far in the show:

At the end of episode 4, PIXAL is damaged by a harsh blow to Zane's head. I found it a bit odd that they were seemingly killing her off very randomly, but this makes more sense.

4 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

I saw this picture floating around that may reveal the identity of Samurai XVL

The only real similarity is the blue tech color and how it'd be a robot. The person who made it might have thought similarly to ^ whatever is in those tags ^ and whipped up this little picture.

I also doubt it's official because the computer screen sticker is of the temple of fortitude.

20 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Reveal hidden contents

16 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

The only real similarity is the blue tech color and how it'd be a robot. The person who made it might have thought similarly to ^ whatever is in those tags ^ and whipped up this little picture.

I also doubt it's official because the computer screen sticker is of the temple of fortitude.

Yea, I think we can all agree the picture is obviously fake. The subject matter, though, has a high chance of being real.

Edited by legozebra

20 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Reveal hidden contents

Debunked by TA

Edited by gamejutzu

17 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

Debunked by TA

All he said was that the picture is fake, which is super obvious. He didn't debunk the subject matter.

Well, either way we're back where we started. I do hope XVL turns out to be that character though. The colors aren't indicative of anyone in particular though.. weird, usually once we see the sets it isn't that hard to find out any secret identities. Samurai X had Nya's face on the back, the Green Ninja was clearly Lloyd and the show gave up on hiding it in episode 4.. 

Unless it's going to be a "Mystery Character" in the show like Samurai X was, it's almost certainly not PIXAL. There's no feminine look to it, which all female characters besides the original Samurai X have had.