just2good

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 Rumors & Discussion

In the mutation chamber set the guy is named Vic aka as Spider Bytez:

500px-Meet_Vic.jpg

In the T-Rawket set the bat creature is named Wingnut aka April's dad:

Wingnutt.png

Edited by amazingbricks

So from what I can see, we're getting new suit (tactical) variants for all the turtles, plus movie variants for all the turtles, plus a SCUBA variant for Donnie. Again Raph seems to be the one with the most duplicates in the movie sets, but strangely Donnie is being favoured in the TV show sets. It's going to be annoying having 3 full sets of the turtles (original, tactical variant, movie variant) plus one extra Donnie with a scuba mask.

I completely disagree. Variants are fun. Like the old Batman toys where there was a ridiculous amount of batman suits (despite in the lore there rarely being others).

Plus when you don't get variants you get a freakin' army of Spidermans. I have sooo many Spidermans... Whey the crap don't I get some variants? There's so many they could do!

On the note of the new set pictures. I'll probably get them. I can't resist more TMNT variants. Spider Bytes though... not exactly the best episode. The human character was annoying (not in a good way) and we haven't seen him since (in his mutated form). April's Dad I wish we had a human version of like Spider Bytes.

Can't wait to see Kurai and really wish they had a Casey Jones.

That T-Rawket reminds me a lot of that new Batman vs Manbat set. Even the Nightwing-glider is similar to the parasail or whatever Michaelangelo is using.

Edited by Cammo

Barry from brickfanatics.co.uk brings us news from the London Toy Fair:

TMNT movie sets will be Turtle Van Takedown, Big Rig Snow Getaway, Turtle Lair New figs: Leatherhead, Spiderbytez, Kirby Bat, Karai (movie and show versions). Differently styled Turtles in the movie sets, much darker. Splinter has short legs.

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/london-toy-fair-report/

I don´t follow this line and overlooking the thread I don´t see any links or deeplinks

*snip*

*snip*

http://www.buecher.d.../paging-bottom/

Four sets are listed at the end of the second page but only these two have pics.

Giggity

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Please do not quote pictures. And one word replies are discouraged as well.

Finally! I was wondering when we would get any pics. This years line is looking promising, and I am looking forward to that Kraang ship. Can't wait to see the rest.

I can not wait for the sets to come out i am looking foward mostly to the turtle sub most but all the other sets look to be promising.LEGO-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-2014-Sets-Pre.jpg

So according to Brickset there is going to be a Juniors TMNT set... I wonder what it will include. Probably just a Foot Soldier and Mikey in some kind of vehicle and a bit of scenery.

Thanks for the images J2g! I'll certainly be picking up all of the T.V show sets, love that Karai! Anyone else notice the "Broadway" sign in set 79118? Loving all the detail, but may I ask where exactly it is that you found these images from? Maybe a site I'd like to keep my eye on.

Edited by Freddy Bricker

I actually like all four of those quite a bit. Nothing as bad as the dragon bike, plus I love that sub's design!

The set says Broadway and Bleecker. I saw Bleecker, and I immediately thought of the original TMNT movie. April's home was on 11th and Bleecker. At least someone along the way wanted to make a nod to the original movie.

Edited by gedren_y

Great find! The Karai set looks very enticing. More interesting female faces and hairpieces are always useful. The sub looks pretty good to me as well - it's got a nice turtle shape to it, unlike that awful Shell bike from the first wave.

I'm surprised at the sheer amount of variations of the turtles we're getting. It's also mind-boggling why they get so many while we're stuck with the same crappy Spider-Man over and over, but I guess it's just in LEGO's budget allotments for this line. It's hard to tell if the sub comes with new variations; if not, then I guess it's only one new version of each Turtle in this wave (plus at least one coming in the movie-themed sets).

Thanks for the images J2g! I'll certainly be picking up all of the T.V show sets, love that Karai! Anyone else notice the "Broadway" sign in set 79118? Loving all the detail, but may I ask where exactly it is that you found these images from? Maybe a site I'd like to keep my eye on.

He found them here. :wink:

-Sci

Great find! The Karai set looks very enticing. More interesting female faces and hairpieces are always useful. The sub looks pretty good to me as well - it's got a nice turtle shape to it, unlike that awful Shell bike from the first wave.

I'm surprised at the sheer amount of variations of the turtles we're getting. It's also mind-boggling why they get so many while we're stuck with the same crappy Spider-Man over and over, but I guess it's just in LEGO's budget allotments for this line. It's hard to tell if the sub comes with new variations; if not, then I guess it's only one new version of each Turtle in this wave (plus at least one coming in the movie-themed sets).

Looks to me like Leo at least has a face mask of some sort in the sub set. Can't tell with the other turtle.

We get a lot more Kraang.

Looks like we get face mask versions of Raph, Leo and Don but not Mike. Don gets an extra suit thing, Leo gets a beat up thing.

The builds once again don't look too interesting or iconic. But I'm probably buying these things.

We get a lot more Kraang.

Looks like we get face mask versions of Raph, Leo and Don but not Mike. Don gets an extra suit thing, Leo gets a beat up thing.

The builds once again don't look too interesting or iconic. But I'm probably buying these things.

Yeah it looks like they're kind of the new foot soldiers of this wave.