DrJB

Parts Unique to THIS Set Only

Some of the Technic Star Wars sets (especially 8012, 8000 and 8007) had several unique panels, liftarms and other pieces due to the unusual colors they came in. The same went for some Mindstorms sets like 9732 and 9735, which had teal and purple wheels.

A small handful of sets over the years had unique printed pieces. The three Rally sets (8830, 8840 and 8850) each had different number panels, 8660 had Arctic logo panels, 8422 had printed headlights, and 8458, 8459 and 8461 had printed tires.

Sets with special functionality had some obvious unique pieces: the code pilot and card in 8479, and the second-edition control center in 8485 (the 8094 version also came in service pack). The Mindstorms set 9748 came with the R2-D2 panels and a thin blue turntable, which has never been used anywhere else.

If you count Lego Education sets, the pneumatic pack has a whole lot of unique pieces as well.

here is the list of unique LEGO parts. all 14674 of them. Thanks goes to Rebrickable for making the data available to crunch on.

http://www.bong69.co...ueLEGOparts.txt

it was taking too long to load into mysql so i wrote a PHP script to sort and find all the unique parts.

i do not guarantee the accuracy of this list, but some of the things i checked were correct. it really all depends on the correctness of the set inventories.

bob

Is there a way to further refine this? Personally, I don't consider a part that only came in one set in a certain color as unique. For example, the #4 angle connector came in hundreds of sets, but it was only yellow in the Power Puller. I don't consider that to be a unique part because the molds were used lots and lots of times. I unique part would be one that only appeared in one set regardless of color, and therefore probably only exists in one color. The shift lever in 8880 is a good example.

i cleaned up some of the noise. and noticed some errors. i'm blaming it on the database.

If there are obvious problems it would be great if you could submit a suggestion on the set's page at Rebrickable and it can get fixed up.

oh sorry did not mean to make it sound like there were glaring issues. i think it is more like inventories might be missing from Rebrickable.

this part 6526 is only listed 1 time on Rebrickable and 9 times on Bricklink.

bob

No worries. Please realise the inventories won't match Bricklink exactly. A lot of parts on Rebrickable are converted to use different molds where they are functionally equivalent to help in part reuse between sets.

Also part 6526 is a Duplo one and I have made no effort to ensure all Duplo parts/sets are there :)

First time I see the 8473 :laugh:

Same :laugh:

It's a very ugly set but it has some very nice parts :laugh:

It's so ugly that it looks funny :laugh: