Freekysch

Bricklinking 8285 (and other sets)

So, i have a little dilemma. I really want to get my hands on 8285 Tow Truck but i can't find to buy it at a good price so i was thinking ob buying the pieces of Bricklink. Are there some very difficult pieces to get on this set ? I heard that the wheels are expensive and i was wondering if i could replace them with the wheels from 8258/9397/etc.

Yes they have the same size of tires but the original wheels/rims of 8285 have a silver color (on some models).

http://brickset.com/search/?part=4547373

Also, the difference I noted on the 8285 vs 9397 wheels - a half bush-size extension on the center of the wheel (see picture).

I noted this last night since I added tandem wheels on my 9395 and the extra wheels came from 8285

8436-1_zpse1393682.jpg

Edited by francisalmario

the most rare parts are probably the 32 long axles, and for sure those 4x4 metallic silver radar dish things. as they appeared only in 2 sets, and are about 3-5€ per piece!

The Metalic silver parts are expensive, but personally I like them with chrome parts even more, and the price is very similar.

Another option for the fuel tank is to do what was done on the 9397. I have a modernized version of the 8285 that I pieced together like you're talking about doing and I also used LBG pieces/wheels instead of the silver. Have fun - it's worth it IMO!

I got used 8285 on German ebay for 90 Euro. There are still some sets left for around 100 Euro. Is that a decent price for you?

Did not know about German Ebay, i only looked at us version and the models where extremely expensive. I will look and try to buy a full model, it is much easy for me too. Thank you for the tip.

Take a look at german ebay. Sets like 8285 could be bought for less than 100 eur. Bricklinking them would be expenseive, because of high amount of parts (1800+).

Take a look at german ebay. Sets like 8285 could be bought for less than 100 eur. Bricklinking them would be expenseive, because of high amount of parts (1800+).

That's what I have already said ;)

I've got an 8285 on ebay for less than 100€, but with some pieces missing. I'v got them all in one shop by bricklink, so wasn't too exensive.

I can say that I love the truck, it has something different from other technic trucks.

Greetings

Alex

I've got an 8285 on ebay for less than 100€, but with some pieces missing. I'v got them all in one shop by bricklink, so wasn't too exensive.

I can say that I love the truck, it has something different from other technic trucks.

Greetings

Alex

Yea, I also had 4 parts missing - two 2x1 headlights and two 1x1 silver bricks. But that is not a problem.

Sorry for bumping an old topic, but after i managed to get 8285 at a decent price (too bad it was the version with the normal wheels, not the metallic silver ones) i am now looking to Bricklink 8275 Bulldozer. My question is: is it worth it ? I was thinking just to bricklink the parts without the PF, because i only display it and i dont need the motors, IR parts (maybe buy them later when i have some extra cash). What do you guys think ?

It is definitely worth it. I got one recently off bricklink (no box) for $240 shipped (from the Netherlands) ... prices in the US/eBay are ludicrous

I did this also with the 8275 and the only parts that were super expensive and rare are the pneumatic cylinder brackets (4). I don't remember anything else that was hard to find but I did deviate slightly from the standard set leaning more towards studless wherever possible.

Edited by Technic Gearhead

Sorry for bumping an old topic, but after i managed to get 8285 at a decent price (too bad it was the version with the normal wheels, not the metallic silver ones) i am now looking to Bricklink 8275 Bulldozer. My question is: is it worth it ? I was thinking just to bricklink the parts without the PF, because i only display it and i dont need the motors, IR parts (maybe buy them later when i have some extra cash). What do you guys think ?

8275 (used) goes for like 160 Euro (with shipping) on ebay.de - I am not sure you can get it cheaper via Bricklink

In a few days i am going to start my first Bricklink project (wish me luck), and i will try building the 8275 Bulldozer from scratch. I looked at its inventory at Peeron and then i looked up the parts on BL but i got a slight problem. On Peron the color of the parts is, for example MdStone an on BL there is no such color. Can anyone tell me what are the equivalent colors for Peeron to BL ? Thank you very much !

if you do not need box and BI then you can get a 8285 in ebay in Germany for about 60 to 70€ - if you are a little patient...

In a few days i am going to start my first Bricklink project (wish me luck), and i will try building the 8275 Bulldozer from scratch. I looked at its inventory at Peeron and then i looked up the parts on BL but i got a slight problem. On Peron the color of the parts is, for example MdStone an on BL there is no such color. Can anyone tell me what are the equivalent colors for Peeron to BL ? Thank you very much !

I havent used peeron for quite some time, the stone colours are the bluish greys, light and dark.

you can also use the BL inventory http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=8275-1